Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Curesto

Which upgrade should i get for Gneisenau?

12 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
10,216 posts
7,161 battles

Normally damage control. If you have trouble dodging torps you could take steering but in general damage con is the best as it reduced the damage from fires 

Players
48 posts
594 battles
17 dakika önce, 1MajorKoenig dedi:

Normally damage control. If you have trouble dodging torps you could take steering but in general damage con is the best as it reduced the damage from fires 

Thanks.

10 dakika önce, ForlornSailor dedi:

Damage Control.

Thanks.

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,146 battles
2 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

You should just Free-XP it and Bismarck and skip right ahead to FdG.

Everything except Tier IX is just carrier fodder anyway since the CV reworsening.

Yea, skip right up to the worst tier at t10, where you will find manfreds, hakus and roosevelts.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,216 posts
7,161 battles
2 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Everything except Tier IX is just carrier fodder anyway since the CV reworsening.

That is a pretty bad advice. 

Gneisenau is a good ship and so is B-Marck. Only two which work as secondary brawlers in the line really (below T7 the captain Skill is worthless above T8 brawling is a too situational thingy). 

Btw. Gneis has zero problems vs T6 CVs and the occasional T8 CV isn’t really a problem either. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Bortasqu sagte:

Yea, skip right up to the worst tier at t10, where you will find manfreds, hakus and roosevelts.

That may be so but you only get them in less than a third of battles, as opposed to 50-100% in all other tiers.

• Bad 1

Players
48 posts
594 battles
5 dakika önce, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor dedi:

I only have 9000 Free-XP. Also, i really enjoy playing with Gneisenau.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,146 battles
1 minute ago, Curesto said:

I only have 9000 Free-XP. Also, i really enjoy playing with Gneisenau.

I ran with a hybrid tank/secondary build until T10, you got the max range, but also FP and BoS instead of AFT and super intendent.

The only ship I didn't have a nice time with was the Bismarck with the constant T8 & T10 cv games, coupled with tiny guns and questionable accuracy.

Players
48 posts
594 battles
2 dakika önce, Bortasqu dedi:

I ran with a hybrid tank/secondary build until T10, you got the max range, but also FP and BoS instead of AFT and super intendent.

The only ship I didn't have a nice time with was the Bismarck with the constant T8 & T10 cv games, coupled with tiny guns and questionable accuracy.

I didn't like Bismarck either, because of nearly every ship on that tier has bigger and more main guns if i'm not wrong. I've just grinded KM battleship line for Gneisenau. I'm also new player and only have played on Co-op mode.

[GW_KR]
Players
273 posts
13,483 battles

If you look for fun games mainly in coop I would build Gneisenau full secondary. In coop you brawl a lot more thn in Random. So I would change slot 3 to secondary mod. 
But in random it is much better to spec for tanking. Gneis is a beast in coop! It suffers in random against he spamming cruisers and dds you never see or get to hit. 
I am going all out secondary in my Gneis but its purely for fun. 
Happy Huntings!

Sign in to follow this