You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
spacejamer95

Georgia or Jean Bart B

10 comments in this topic

Question

Players
12 posts
4,374 battles

I'm looking for a T9 BB to farm credits, I'm considering the Georgia or JB, I like to push in and brawl but I tend to overextend a bit, I would like a captain trainer for France and I already have massa which play like a Georgia and I also have Dunquerque, and find them both fun but I don't like to play at T6.

Any advice would be appreciated.

9 answers to this question

Players
1,746 posts
9,223 battles

Why not get both? Georgia coal and JBB for cash??

If you can only get one then you have to think of which play style you enjoy more. You have the massa so you may already get what Georgia will be like. 

Since JB is a richeliu, I would suggest unlocking the french tier 8 bb first to get a feel for JB.

Dunkerque is not really a good comparison for the JB, the skills sets between the tiers are very different.

Learn the Richeliu then decide if you cant get both...

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
4,374 battles
37 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Why not get both? Georgia coal and JBB for cash??

If you can only get one then you have to think of which play style you enjoy more. You have the massa so you may already get what Georgia will be like. 

Since JB is a richeliu, I would suggest unlocking the french tier 8 bb first to get a feel for JB.

Dunkerque is not really a good comparison for the JB, the skills sets between the tiers are very different.

Learn the Richeliu then decide if you cant get both...

I can't buy georgia for coal, as i'm going to spend it on yoshino however stupid that may sound, i really like that ship.

[AAO]
Players
1,596 posts
21,235 battles
On 11/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, spacejamer95 said:

I can't buy georgia for coal, as i'm going to spend it on yoshino however stupid that may sound, i really like that ship.

I would be rethink that choice. The Georgia is gonna be removed very early next year while the Yoshino will still be for sale for an extended time (presumably).
So I'd advise you to check whether you can earn enough coal to get her before she's removed if you plan to get her at all.

[ZEN]
Players
82 posts
2,148 battles

If ou think to buy JB Black version, be aware that the combat mission for 2500 doubloons is NOT FOR THAT SHIP.

It is for the normal version of JB, if you have that.

Players
166 posts
6,635 battles

Yoshino is somehow good, but Georgia is joy to play. So take Georgia for coal while you can. Yoshino can wait.
My plan is to have: Masa -> Georgia -> Ohio, best US BB line. Ohio still missing though.

fyi: yoshino is backline HE spamming cruiser, not a lot of fun to do with this ship, alaska or agir are better picks.

[VIBES]
Players
237 posts
16,787 battles

I see you got the Jean Bart B after all.

Just like for the Richelieu and Alsace (but unlike the other French tech tree BBs), I recommend taking Preventative Maintenance, as your turrets are very fragile and you're likely to brawl enemies at mid-to-close range, so they'll try to knock them out.

You have low hp, your heal has the standard cooldown (unlike on the Georgia, where it's only 40s), and 32mm plating all over, which means you melt under HE spam. So use islands for cover.

The speed boost is not for when you're in the open, but for quickly reversing behind cover or to suddenly burst out of it to go spank a broadside BB.

You have great AA, but don't bother with the secondaries: they have terrible arcs and you need IFHE to deal direct damage to anything bigger than a T7 DD.

With bad hp, bad armor, bad pen and so-so accuracy, you're not a sniper. Instead, find a nice island that gives you cover from one flank and the ability to crossfire enemies going for another flank. The B cap on the map Greece is a particularly good spot, for instance.

Best of luck!