You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StanleyHTweedle

WG you need to hide player names until after the game

15 comments in this topic

Players
175 posts
7,602 battles

Random MM gets down to who checks the opposing team and shows their teammates whom should they focus to win. After eliminating the "carry" the game usually is a pretty one-sided shooting range. The only way to counter this would be to hide player stats/names until after the game.

That would be all... Thanks.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,115 posts
14,890 battles
11 minutes ago, StanleyHTweedle said:

Random MM gets down to who checks the opposing team and shows their teammates whom should they focus to win. After eliminating the "carry" the game usually is a pretty one-sided shooting range. The only way to counter this would be to hide player stats/names until after the game.

I never experienced that on my teams.

Having a hard-on for good players will usually result in these players playing more careful and tanking loads of damage that could have sunk two or more enemies.

• Cool 4

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
223 posts
9,268 battles
20 minutes ago, StanleyHTweedle said:

You really think that a random dude in this game has the ''pls, focus fire'' capacity? Also, how can one get sniped if he cannot be reached by all 12 enemy players? How can one get sniped if he / she is playing well? Mind you, occasional sniping does occur (mostly by CVs and divisions), but it's so rare and is really not one of the MAJOR problems that plague this game. If anything, I WANT more players to be aware of their surroundings, including awareness which players are potentially good just by looking at their clan tags.

I guess you got sniped / focused down and that got you angry so you went to the forum and made this thread. Right? Also, why does this bother YOU specifically, since you are perfectly average player, whom I would in all honesty mostly ignore for the first 10 mins?

• Cool 3

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
348 posts
5,082 battles

WoT needed ten (in numbers: 10) years to introduce a tool to anonymize the nicknames of people ingame.

Spoiler

Obviously because a handful of bad players got personally harrassed ingame, not because people were actively trying to ruin games for FAMEous people via XVM, the WoT statistics tool. People were focusing clans, specific players via name and statistically good players especially, because in their mind, throwing away their own vehicle in absolute disregard, just with the focus of killing the best enemy player, would guarantee them victory, or at least increase their chances.

The tool WG introduced in WoT, is not only to prevent such things from happening, on one side to stop personal player harrassement, on the other to actually prolong games because people are not yolo'ing that hard, just because an external statistics tool told them to do so.

The thing is, most decent players can actually determine pretty easy which enemy player is worth focusing or might be above the IQ of 89, just by judging their positions and actions ingame, without a name, clan or statistical hint. There is also this old WoT saying of "assume everyone in your team is a tomato while the enemy team is full of unicums".

If you feel personally focused for a specific reason by an enemy player or division, try to use this not so gameplay benefical fact in your favour by baiting said player(s) into overextending, mindless actions or bad situations for them. Pretty sure thats what a "carry player" like you described it, would do - to carry. Even if that player is sitting in the all mighty airborne sword of Damocles, every second of focus he diverts for personal reasons is a second not spent on the enemy on actual gameplay reasons.

• Cool 3

Players
175 posts
7,602 battles

Everyone here state the obvious (well apart from those who use logic as a tool of personal pleasure, but oh well, whatever floats your boats). But with invisible names/stats/ranked tier etc. you can either fake a beginner or pose as a good player, you can play tactics without the enemy knowing, you can stop caring about karma b/c anonimity also means no karma which supposedly is obsolete, as I've read in some of the latest forum posts. 

And what you said Nov_A is actually pretty fun. Observing the opposing team. Trying to find out who's the leader. It's immersive, and good for the game.

• Cool 1

Players
642 posts
14,701 battles

If you actually get a team that is willing to follow a command like that it may happen once, and after that loss never again. Most of the time when you focus these player it tends to end poorly as the enemy will take advantage of this and work their way into great crossfire positions. There are however priority targets and if you can shoot and hit them you should. CV.DD, radar cruisers, any other cruisers, and then bbs. If you are focusing on a Carry in a bb and ignoring the spotted dds then you are playing poorly.

I will agree however an anonymizer would be a good idea.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,471 posts
8,633 battles
55 minutes ago, StanleyHTweedle said:

Pls dont Focus Good Players unless you are a Good Player yourself and know what you are doing.

Do NOT tell your Team to Focus a Good Player...

He will kite. They will overextend and die....

• Cool 2

Players
364 posts

1. The anonymizer has its own problems

2. Enemy is focusing one particular player ? Good. Now you know where the bombers and red ships are going, and counter accordingly, as I will do. Although I've never seen in chat. "focus the unicum Belfast, guys".

Players
1,255 posts
19,672 battles
38 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

If you feel personally focused for a specific reason by an enemy player or division, try to use this not so gameplay benefical fact in your favour by baiting said player(s) into overextending, mindless actions or bad situations for them. Pretty sure thats what a "carry player" like you described it, would do - to carry. Even if that player is sitting in the all mighty airborne sword of Damocles, every second of focus he diverts for personal reasons is a second not spent on the enemy on actual gameplay reasons.

That's a trick I sometimes use with Musashi if the conditions are right: battle with T8 CV(s), and since I usually play solo, I hint my friendly CV by typing "spotter equipped, just saying...". If he agrees to the sniping, I get some shots on his counterpart which spooks him (I think I've only succeeded in the kill once in a dozen or so times) and more often than not makes him focus on sinking me. Final outcome, for one and a half (or even less) minutes of the friendly CV's time I get 5 or more minutes for my own team not having to worry about planes too much, not to mention the gunnery focus if the red CV also pleas to his team-mates to get rid of me.

Salute.

[BBMM]
Players
6,361 posts
8,531 battles
1 hour ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

I get 5 or more minutes for my own team not having to worry about planes too much

But if you last 5 minutes in  Musashi that CV player is... well... eh... not that good. :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,255 posts
19,672 battles
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

But if you last 5 minutes in  Musashi that CV player is... well... eh... not that good. :Smile_trollface:

Although my gut feeling tells me that's the truth, I checked the stats from the last player I baited that way and he's not a comparatively bad one: his WR and/or PR is dark green or better in most of his post-rework CVs (compared to light green or worse in the RTS ones). Maybe his ship selection (Parseval) for that battle was just a bad match. And I did last those 5 minutes being sunk by shells, not planes.

Salute.

[-WB-]
Players
9 posts
1,304 battles

I'm still at the "I fucked up stage". When I'm a god and all others are crap, I'll comeback to this discussion.

[BBMM]
Players
6,361 posts
8,531 battles
1 hour ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Although my gut feeling tells me that's the truth, I checked the stats from the last player I baited that way and he's not a comparatively bad one: his WR and/or PR is dark green or better in most of his post-rework CVs (compared to light green or worse in the RTS ones). Maybe his ship selection (Parseval) for that battle was just a bad match. And I did last those 5 minutes being sunk by shells, not planes.

Salute.

Well Parsefal vs Musashi means he can get you with torpedoes (weak...) or AP-bombs (OMG...). 

Also Musashi has crappy AA, not that you'd be much better off in Yamato. Five minutes tops....

However what might save you is when there is a juicy target closer to him.