Sign in to follow this  
Curepto

New player. Which cruiser line should i grind?

11 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
288 battles

Hi, i have these ships right now: I've been playing with this ship. But, i've heard that premium ships doesn't affect the tech tree progression. I want to start with cruisers. Which cruiser line should i start to grind? Thanks.

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_14_17_15_32_826.thumb.png.f27fabc27312ba3f7d81ce4d0c975616.png

[TACHA]
Players
1,477 posts
16,520 battles

I would suggest US - the tier 3 is strong and allows you to make mistakes without being instantly killed - a good learning ship on how to angle and position.

[URUC]
Players
158 posts

If sooner or later you think to play Clan Battles, choose american, japanese or german cruisers.

And where the tech tree splits between light and heavy cruisers, stay on heavy.  

Players
643 posts
14,718 battles

Japanese for sure. Your shell arch can clear terrain which is a really important lesson to learn. Their HE is pretty nasty and thus you will be starting tons of fires and you have torps which can cause some havoc. You can not however try to play it like a bb, if you do you will die. QUICKLY.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,145 posts
14,630 battles
23 hours ago, Curepto said:

I want to start with cruisers. Which cruiser line should i start to grind?

Japan and US; these are the original two lines introduced to the game, so they are the most gimmick-free lines and are ideal for learning the basics of how to cruiser.

I would also strongly suggest playing the other classes too as they open up to you too; besides adding variety, you'll tend to do better if you have a practical understanding of what the other classes can/can't do, and what their aims are.

Players
570 posts
26,379 battles

the US and the Japanese Cruisers are a good starting Point. Both are also great Cruiser Lines. My first Lines as well.

German, French and Russian cruisers are good as well.

The Italien Cruisers use SAP instead of He. So there are a bit different from other Cruiser Lines, but you can still have fun with them even as a Beginner.

Just ignore the British light Cruisers as a Beginner.

They only have AP and therefore cam´t deal with angled Cruisers/BBs that well. Also from Tier 5 you get a Smoke that you can use to fire from inside while being unspotted.

Therefore I recommend to learn Smoke Firing with a DD first before starting the British Cruisers.

[PST]
[PST]
Alpha Tester
482 posts
7,111 battles

i recommend American and Japanese line, the russian can be good but you need to have a okish captain for that, but i never could get the german or british line to work well with my playstyle

Players
166 posts
6,635 battles

Japan cruisers, funny ships to play from bottom to top, i might one day reset this line and play through it again.
American cruisers have torps only on tier 4-5, later on they have only guns, although good, but that`s it.  

(if you have torps, especially japan torps, BBs might keep distance from you and distance is what keeps you alive)

Sign in to follow this