You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LoveZeppelin

580 ARP Yamato already sold on EU server

68 comments in this topic

[JOLLY]
Players
497 posts
11,837 battles

probably more than that actually, I don't know how often Proships updates. Also I don't know if the stats include special WG accounts (press for example)

Table shows

country/tier/shipname/playertotal/battles/WR/exp/dmgavg

image.png.5c4cebc26790b506c9de508938b3d527.png

interesting to compare with other tier 10s

image.png.be68553d5b826bea810a05b1f67107d3.png

I suspect, as at previous times in WOWS history when the community has expressed varying degrees of outrage at some new pay2win cash grab, sales of this latest example will do well enough. At 4 x the cost of a tier 8 premium, ARP Yamato with UU only needs to sell a 1/4 of the number of 40 € ARP Mayas to break even (assuming licensing fees from ARP are the same for both). Just a thousand sales of ARP Y will surely pay for the cost of  the shiny ARP camouflage renders and much more.

Overall, ARP ships are not as popular as the noise on the forums (for/against) would suggest

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/99999-h/

image.png.c323f6c02cc847d15ed5ae501269286c.png

I noticed one other very curious thing, the WOWS wiki which is normally updated automatically with basic data on newly released ships, has zero entries for ARP Yamato, nada, not a thing, most strange :

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:ARP_Yamato

update :

image.png.e071d2c71771fa4dbda183c273eec97a.png

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

the amount of arp Yamato could be higher.

580 players but the real amount could be higher because one can buy a ship and don't play it right away.

either way i expect the numbers will rise

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
28,112 posts
14,890 battles

These are the past two months on the EU server from this morning or yesterday evening:

image.thumb.png.274b9d8207d0e1ddf5126e22b6e2e520.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20201114/eu_2month/average_ship_u.html

One should note that there were not many opportunities to get these ships and Kongos and Myokos are not at the top of many wishlists.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,117 posts
14,608 battles

It wouldn't surprise me if the numbers go a lot higher: for the 'more money than time' crowd, for less than a hundred UK pounds, you can save several weeks (for most) of grinding and instantly get one of the all-time naval icons.

For me, it's not remotely worth the money, but for plenty of others it will be, I suspect...

• Cool 1

Players
815 posts
5,432 battles
44 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the numbers go a lot higher: for the 'more money than time' crowd, for less than a hundred UK pounds, you can save several weeks (for most) of grinding and instantly get one of the all-time naval icons.

For me, it's not remotely worth the money, but for plenty of others it will be, I suspect...

If I had had the money to spare, I probably would have gotten the ARP Yamato. I simply love the looks of most of these ships. Not sure how much I would play it in T10 Randoms right away.

• Cool 1

[B-F-L]
Players
43 posts

can someone explain what is the different from the regular Yamato and that ARP super Yamato?

I have already the Yamato in my harbour!

Thanks

:cap_cool:

[JOLLY]
Players
497 posts
11,837 battles
3 minutes ago, HawkEyes__ said:

can someone explain what is the different from the regular Yamato and that ARP super Yamato?

Thanks

we don't know, as WG has failed to update the WOWS Wiki.

But if you mean by Super Yamato the ARP Yamato with the special upgrade, at a guess it will be similar to the in game Yamato & unique Upgrade that is available from the Research Bureau (improved dispersion/slower turret rotation)

[HAMAR]
Players
444 posts
8 minutes ago, HawkEyes__ said:

Thanks

Bragging Rights :cap_cool::cap_cool:

[CATS]
Players
28,112 posts
14,890 battles
24 minutes ago, HawkEyes__ said:

Thanks

• Not Super Yamato
  • the camo
  • the name
  • no commander retraining

[PASOK]
Players
181 posts
2,054 battles

CDOYGODMQGJQWKNBO4FAGFFUCUY3LCHS.thumb.jpeg.d2ae099df3d04aaf31207af0780e0e11.jpeg

CAPITALISM WORKS!!!!

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
175 posts
7,602 battles

Isn't S***in's imagery legally banned in some EU countries just as H***er's? He's even greater criminal against the humanity and a mass murderer than the other one.

• Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
2,914 posts
12,610 battles
59 minutes ago, StanleyHTweedle said:

Isn't S***in's imagery legally banned in some EU countries just as H***er's? He's even greater criminal against the humanity and a mass murderer than the other one.

Many in Western Europe know nothing of Stalin.

Eastern European countries know Stalin very well indeed.

In western education we are told much about Hitler but almost nothing about Stalin and Mao. 

Must do better......

• Cool 4

Players
175 posts
7,602 battles

1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

In western education we are told much about Hitler but almost nothing about Stalin and Mao. 

Must do better......

Well then WG should make a ship named Hitlerstadt and see what happens.

• Funny 1

Players
844 posts

When I was at school we were taught that Stalin was  a Murdering Bstd just like Adolf, but the Cold War was in full swing back then. TBH when I was at school I think the Romans had just left :cap_old:

• Funny 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Do those stats sites only show users who've played PvP battles? I know for sure that there will be Co-Op only players like myself who've bought it and therefore won't be included in any PvP stats which would push the real number of buyers up futher.

[CATS]
Players
28,112 posts
14,890 battles
1 minute ago, IanH755 said:

Do those stats sites only show users who've played PvP battles? I know for sure that there will be Co-Op only players like myself who've bought it and therefore won't be included in any PvP stats which would push the real number of buyers up futher.

The data I showed includes only random, solo battles of open accounts.

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
326 posts
6,909 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Not Super Yamato
  • the camo
  • the name
  • no commander retraining

You forgot:

• Free  Immediatly available Legendary upgrade

Edited

Players
304 posts
6,904 battles
3 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Must do better......

Hmmm, not sure what education system they made you sit through but in mine we spent an entire year on Stalin from beginning to end. 

• Cool 1