Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ChaatRagiste

ARP Yamato, your opinion

ARP Yamato, what do you think?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Are you shocked/disappointed about TX ARP Yamato being sold?

• Yes
    • No
    • No answer
  2. 2. Do you think that selling premium/non premium TX ships in doubloons is a good thing for the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • No answer
  3. 3. Do you think the price for ARP Yamato is :

• Justified
    • Too much
    • No answer
  4. 4. Are you okay with unique upgrades being sold in doubloons (like the one for (ARP) Yamato)?

• Yes
    • No
    • No answer
  5. 5. According to previous question, do you fear that this might end up with the game becoming a P2W?

• Yes
    • No
    • No answer
  6. 6. Have you bought (or will you buy) ARP Yamato?

• I have bought it
    • I will buy it
    • I have not bought it and never will
    • No answer
  7. 7. Are you in favor of the release of new TX premium ships (or copy paste) that can be purchased in doubloons like ARP Yamato

• Yes, I'm in favor
    • No, I'm not
    • No answer
  8. 9. Do you still trust Wargaming and its game development?

• Yes
    • No
    • No answer

46 comments in this topic

[ORCA]
Players
656 posts
13,717 battles

Hello and sorry for possible bad english.

A little poll to know what the english community thinks about the ARP Yamato release.

Have a good day everyone

• Cool 2

Players
2,299 posts
31,385 battles

You don't know what "5. According to previous question, do you fear that this might end up with the game becoming a ---->>>P2W<<<-------?"  means.

[ORCA]
Players
656 posts
13,717 battles
Il y a 2 minutes, Execute0rder66 a dit :

You don't know what "5. According to previous question, do you fear that this might end up with the game becoming a ---->>>P2W<<<-------?"  means.

After WG breaking their words so many times recently, how could we not expect the worst?

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,459 posts
8,604 battles

About 35k Doubloons.

Thats pretty much the same amount of Doubloons you would need to just Free Exp Yamato.....

So Yeah nothing Special there.

Its too Expensive considering they didnt throw in the usual extra Goodies.

Thats my only Complaint on this.

Players
2,299 posts
31,385 battles
4 minutes ago, ChaatRagiste said:

After WG breaking their words so many times recently, how could we not expect the worst?

Bro, isn't this arp yamato exactly the copy of tech tree ship yamato? How can it be p2w?

They would never print out real p2w ships or consumables. It would mean the end of game. 

They also didn't break any word. Some wg employees expressed their own opinions years ago,  and wg management decided otherwise. 

Apparently the decision makers have different opinions. I mean we can't take what one guy says as a rule that will last forever, can we?

• Cool 1

[ORCA]
Players
656 posts
13,717 battles
Il y a 2 minutes, Execute0rder66 a dit :

Bro, isn't this arp yamato exactly the copy of tech tree ship yamato? How can it be p2w?

They would never print out real p2w ships or consumables. It would mean the end of game. 

They also didn't break any word. Some wg employees expressed their own opinions years ago,  and wg management decided otherwise. 

Apparently the decision makers have different opinions. I mean we can't take what one guy says as a rule that will last forever, can we?

The P2W part is not about ARP Yamato, it's about future possible plans.
End of the game is on its way with submarines incoming and t10 being sold in doubloons.

That wasn't opinions, it was statements and answers to people questions about the game's future. 

[LA_FR]
Players
9 posts
4,401 battles

The problem with ARP yamato  being sold just like this is that it migth sound like a "test" for further t10 premiums being sold directly for money and not resources like coal, steel, freexp, research pts; Actaully selling t10 ships for tokens like ranked tokens or clan tonkens doesn't appear as a bad idea, at least it is a better idea that solding t10 ships in doubloons. I hope arp yamato will be an exeption and that WG will figure that it's a bad idea (just listening to their community then -_-)

Players
2,299 posts
31,385 battles
Just now, ChaatRagiste said:

The P2W part is not about ARP Yamato, it's about future possible plans.
End of the game is on its way with submarines incoming and t10 being sold in doubloons.

That wasn't opinions, it was statements and answers to people questions about the game's future. 

Nah, i am almost sure they would never bring p2w into this game. It means you will press a button and win the game. Imagine, how realistic does that sound to you? 

Subs were introduced as a separate mode last time. Is there any information for sure that they will be embedded into the random or is it just the assuming game?

Statement, what statement? Statement of independence or declaration of freedom? Are they the company's official spoke persons? Who are they, how many are they? Who has more seniority? What is their limit?

Dude come on. Sorry but all these just sound just too immature to me. 

• Cool 1

Players
527 posts

The ship is a mix of pay-to-progress and cosmetic reward. That's fine in my book. 

I won't buy it as a) I have Yamato's Kobayashi camo and b) there's too many annoyances in the game to currently spend money on it.

Players
262 posts
10,924 battles

According to this from Mountbatten apparently a lot of the ARP Yamato's have sold to people with sub 500 game in WOWS:

I have seen in game this morning 2 people so far with them, neither did ok, one was in CO OP and the human ARP Yamato was sunk by his bot counterpart, so it looks like the fears are real

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,443 posts
2 minutes ago, arcticstorm123 said:

According to this from Mountbatten apparently a lot of the ARP Yamato's have sold to people with sub 500 game in WOWS:

I have seen to in game this morning neither did ok, one was in CO OP and the human ARP Yamato was sunk by his bot counterpart, so it looks like the fears are real

Yeah, making it more P2L than P2W....

• Funny 2

[JOLLY]
Players
497 posts
11,837 battles

Just more blatant double standards from WG, not only on the pay2win front (and the ongoing self harm inflicted by WG on its own game), I'll get blapped if I or anyone else mentions koalas/EULA (oh damn, too late), the very below the belt punch with the derisory tier 5 commander mission while selling a t10 for 170€ (talk about extremes), yet another example of WG management setting out to troll their playerbase, at the expense of the playerbase, for the amusement of WG. 

Your poll cannot include all these things, I know.

• Cool 2

Players
262 posts
10,924 battles

I'm not a big BB player, so my IJN BB line is currently at Amagi, so just out of curiosity I looked at how much it would cost me to coin Yamato, turns out to be 21,886 doubloons or 71.99 Euros, will grind it all in good time but if you absolutely must have Yamato it's probably a lot cheaper to coin it rather than buy the rip off package, I also have the HSF Yamato camo already which I prefer anyway

• Cool 2

Players
304 posts
6,871 battles

There is no pay-to-win, one cannot have that argument and then complain at the same time that "newbs" have bought it and cannot play it causing your team to lose.

It's business, it's not too expensive to those who are willing and able to pay the price, otherwise coffee is too expensive, football is too expensive, clothes are too expensive.  Market forces prevail.

Must agree though that the addition of Yamato's "Unique Module" in the top bundle is a bit of a kick in the balls to a lot of those who have ground it out or worked hard to obtain it.

And it also clearly a money grab, same as Belfast 43 is, but if that's what keeps the game free-to-play for many and reasonably cheap to even more then it's not an issue for most.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,111 posts
14,592 battles

Several of the questions don't really accurately reflect my views; for example:

• I'm not remotely shocked that WG did this, but I am disappointed.
  • I do think the price is justified (it's similar to what free-xping the silver Yamato would cost at the normal conversion rate; slightly cheaper), but it is still ridiculous.
  • I haven't bought it, but that's not to say I *never* will - who knows; I might feel the urge if it comes back again on some future occasion.

My biggest problem with ARP Yamato is that there is no 'gate' to stop people buying her who have no business (yet) in T10 ships; whilst it's true that you can whale your way to a silver T10 if you wish, you still need to have played enough to accumulate the xp to convert in the first place i.e. someone with ten games, say, can't do it.

The danger with ARP Yamato - IMO - is that it sets a precedent that, if WG repeat it, risks badly devaluing top tier games. I know there's no shortage of the more tuberous already, but I suggest there is much less motivation to grind to high tiers if (once you get there) you find it's full of the idiots that you hoped you'd left behind somewhere around entering +2 MM...

I would be all in favour of ARP Yamato (how many meals for the server hamsters can each sale generate?), and her - probably inevitable - successors *if* you could only buy them if you'd already unlocked at least one silver T10 (better yet, one silver T10 BB, but that would probably reduce sales too much for WG's taste).

• Cool 4

Players
262 posts
10,924 battles

Well earlier in the game we had a similar outcry when Tirpitz was released, many inexperienced players did buy it earning it the "Derpitz" nickname, but most of those players did git good over time and these days it's not so much a thing, and I must admit it's still a ship I like playing.

With the sale of Tirpitz it was supposed to be "the end of the game" and would water down skill at tier 8, that didn't happen either..

The idea to have a requirement you must have one silver tier X is a good one

• Cool 1

Players
147 posts

1. nothing to be shocked about ..., disappointed yes

2. no of course

3. it is too cheap imho - milk the idi...

4. nope - milk the idi...

5. nope, not with yamato

6. lol

7. nope

8. i haven't trusted lesta for few years now and probably never will till malikh runs the things

9. does this poll help in any way? - nope - decision-makers dont visit this forum - all we get is a "dynamic" duo ...

[SM0KE]
Players
6,111 posts
14,592 battles
56 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:

I'll get blapped if I or anyone else mentions koalas/EULA

You're probably fine with purple koalas:

image.png.057a48f4be610474a1cad0071d34abc3.png

• Funny 3

[JOLLY]
Players
497 posts
11,837 battles
8 minutes ago, JeanDavidNau said:

Hu? How do koalas violate the EULA?

this is your 1st ever post on the World of Warships forum, and you are curious about koalas :Smile_teethhappy:?

Spoiler

sorry I cannot answer you, it is offtopic/verboten, you'll have to look elsewhere for an answer.

• Funny 1

Players
27 posts
4,849 battles

I recently unlocked the Yamato my first tier 10 ship and was looking for a skin this would have looked great on her because I don't like that scorpioid skin.

But seeing Yamato being sold directly in the store with a legendary module for 184-187 euro is insane I still need to unlock the research bureau and farm XP to acquire it.

This upsets me because someone who is relatively new to the game can simply buy the legendary module without having to unlock the research bureau and Yamato. 

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,111 posts
14,592 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:

which ship/camo is that?

It's the standard permaflage on Perth - it's the rearward mast.

Edit: the koala is still there with other cammo installed too.

• Cool 1

Players
262 posts
10,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

It's the standard permaflage on Perth - it's the rearward mast.

Edit: the koala is still there with other cammo installed too.

Lmao bought Perth when it first came out and never noticed :Smile_teethhappy: 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this