Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elzbing

On the ever recurring clan/armory/news screens not loading issues

4 comments in this topic

[-WB-]
Players
9 posts
1,304 battles

By now, at least to me it seems almost inevitable that from time to time these screens stop loading in game.

The web is filled with suggestions about changing config files, reinstalling, fixing the installation, firewall exceptions and none seem to work very well.

As we know, those screens are web pages that are loaded into the game via a shitty embeded browser, so I noticed that the loading failures look pretty much like it happens so often click on to a wargaming link and the page loads halfway: no css, missing scripts, etc. Usually you just hit refresh a few times and eventually it complely loads.

I started appying the same behaviour to the in game pages. Click the clan page, hit escape, click it again, hit escape and eventually it loaded. Yay progress.

But is a bit annoying for the news page, as it's hidden inside a menu, so I tried ctrl+r to refresh and nothing. Then I remembered, in windows F5 is the default refresh shortcut for all browsers and it works. I just hit refresh a few times and all pages load.

I suspect that wargaming has some problems with their content distribution configuration and this is what screws the loading of those pages. Example:

This is wargaming.eu on chrome's devtools network tab:

image.png

Conclusion:

• Wargaming please fix this, it doesn't look that complicated.
  • For us mortals. Just hit F5 until it loads.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-WB-]
Players
9 posts
1,304 battles

36 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA you must be new here.

Not quite.

Sign in to follow this