Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yedwy

WG pls rework Kurfurst to 8x50cm guns

60 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
6,993 posts

So after we established that guns bigger then Yamato 460mm ones ARE feasible in game and will be added freely we have an opportunity to make Kurfurst an actual H-44 battleship and give her guns she should have in that role, in this form she is now there is little reason to actually play her in any serious game mode as the 406/420 gimp one far 2 much compared to the 430+ option and esp 460+ option, this would also be a more historical option...

Now I dont really care if you rework the Kurfurst herself or just make a premium version of it with different guns for coal/steel whatever just do it, pretty please

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 2

[LUZ1]
Players
864 posts
12,728 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

So after we established that guns bigger then Yamato 460mm ones ARE feasible in game and will be added freely we have an opportunity to make Kurfurst an actual H-44 battleship and give her guns she should have in that role, in this form she is now there is little reason to actually play her in any serious game mode as the 406/420 gimp one far 2 much compared to the 430+ option and esp 460+ option, this would also be a more historical option...

Now I dont really care if you rework the Kurfurst herself or just make a premium version of it with different guns for coal/steel whatever just do it, pretty please

Let us please not wade deeper into the swamp of escalating overmatch.

• Cool 9

Players
1,862 posts
8,134 battles

Preferrably an ARP premium Kurfurst, obtainable for 35000 doubloons only, or for 50000, with a llegendary upgrade. /s/

• Cool 1
  • Funny 16

[JRM]
Players
6,993 posts
47 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Let us please not wade deeper into the swamp of escalating overmatch.

It already  escalated to the max, only nation NOT having a 30mm overmatch capable T10 BB in either silver or reward form is Germany (ok Italy doesnt have one either ofc but since there are in fact no silver BBs in game as of yet it doesnt count) in the meanwhile being one of the oldest BB lines...

IJN - Yamato and Shikishima

VMF - Kremlin

USN - Ohio and Vermont

MN - Republique

RN - Thunderer

KM - ? :Smile_sceptic:

Now 50mm guns would mesh better with history, with the double turret design that is maintained through the entire KM BB line and would actually give Furst some real utility back, IMHO they should replace her via Moskva recipe...

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
6,993 posts
2 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Naah, think bigger! Lets slap 4 Schwerer Gustavs in GK, 4x 80-centimetre (31.5 in) gun! :fish_viking:

Naah 50cm werre in fact a H-44 project... :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,993 posts
Just now, Fatal_Ramses said:

I think facts have gone out the window some time ago :Smile-_tongue:

True but its a way to add more weight to the matter... :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,936 posts
3,778 battles
1 hour ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Preferrably an ARP premium Kurfurst, obtainable for 35000 doubloons only, or for 50000, with a llegendary upgrade. /s/

i was thinking a ship yard event with 50 grind like you have never ground before phases, or simply buy each phase for 2000 dubs each. Tis a bargin Comrade ! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
377 posts
7,910 battles

WG will probably release such a ship for Research Points, just like they did Ohio in relation to Montana.

[XTREM]
Players
1,884 posts
14,398 battles

12 gun Kurf is actually great though, the broadside weight is the best, tied with Montana(Until Vermont comes) and the volume of shells helps offset the less-than-ideal accuracy. Honestly the only real problem with Kurf is that the rear turrets frontal arcs are bad.

Though I guess I would be on board for another ship a la Montana/Ohio. 

Overmatch is useful but it's a little overrated. It's not like the ships which can't overmatch 30mm are bad or ineffective because of it, even if they are less popular on the whole in competitive compared to some others, overmatch is only part of the equation. 

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,396 posts
10,923 battles
1 hour ago, Fat_Maniac said:

i was thinking a ship yard event with 50 grind like you have never ground before phases, or simply buy each phase for 2000 dubs each. Tis a bargin Comrade ! :Smile_trollface:

Na-ah. You can buy containers to get the mission to grind enough tokens to open a Dockyard event :D

396k03.png

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,967 posts
9,438 battles

I wouldnt be surprised if WG would make a german BB split.

They already made up enough BBs by now with different caliber guns, that they could fill up 2 branches from T7 upwards. One with smaller and more, the other with bigger and less guns.

Something like

Odin -> Pommern -> GK

Bismarck -> FDG -> new big gun BB

I wouldnt want more overmatch BBs, alltho i think it doesnt matter anymore at this point. They are so widespread, so you constantly have enough BBs around being capable of overmatching Cruisers. And some others spam HE anyway, which also doesnt matter.

• Cool 2

Players
521 posts
7,926 battles
57 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

and the volume of shells helps offset the less-than-ideal accuracy. Honestly the only real problem with Kurf is that the rear turrets frontal arcs are bad.

they actually buffed german bb accuracy recently, so its not that bad imho

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
28,051 posts
14,852 battles
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

in this form she is now there is little reason to actually play her in any serious game mode as the 406/420 gimp one far 2 much compared to the 430+ option and esp 460+ option, this would also be a more historical option...

image.thumb.png.7a5999d2485a31cb01da195dda4c5734.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20201114/eu_2month/average_ship_u.html

Kurfürst does quite well and it seems a lot of players like her.

P.S I included the ARP Yamato only for information purposes...

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
6,993 posts
23 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Kurfürst does quite well and it seems a lot of players like her.

Last by av damage, last by kill/death, last by kills and she is doing well? Interesting...

[CATS]
Players
28,051 posts
14,852 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Last by av damage, last by kill/death, last by kills and she is doing well? Interesting...

When you know the game, you know that average damage and kill/death do not mean much.

What counts is what you win. And she does that quite well.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[JRM]
Players
6,993 posts
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When you know the game, you know that average damage and kill/death do not mean much.

What counts is what you win. And she does that quite well.

Oh please I know the game and also why her Random WR is disproportionate to the other metrics as I played her more then enough, regardless the topic of the thread is not BUFFING the kurfurst its remaking her into 8x50cm form

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,594 posts
19,204 battles
2 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

12 gun Kurf is actually great though, the broadside weight is the best, tied with Montana(Until Vermont comes) and the volume of shells helps offset the less-than-ideal accuracy. Honestly the only real problem with Kurf is that the rear turrets frontal arcs are bad.

Though I guess I would be on board for another ship a la Montana/Ohio. 

Overmatch is useful but it's a little overrated. It's not like the ships which can't overmatch 30mm are bad or ineffective because of it, even if they are less popular on the whole in competitive compared to some others, overmatch is only part of the equation. 

I see Makima Profile I like

on topic tho
 I do not like the 12 gun Kurfürst at all, it completely goes against the german design philosophy.

[CATS]
Players
28,051 posts
14,852 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Oh please I know the game and also why her Random WR is disproportionate to the other metrics as I played her more then enough, regardless the topic of the thread is not BUFFING the kurfurst its remaking her into 8x50cm form

Then why do you argue with average damage and K/D? WR is what counts.

And the GK and is NOT a H-44. 500 mm guns would not be realistic.

MEgvgbh_Ave-ZHqQbFvwcwziUd5WsVBet1NJylnM

GK is a mixture of H-41/42.

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
6,993 posts
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Then why do you argue with average damage and K/D? WR is what counts.

And the GK and is NOT a H-44. 500 mm guns would not be realistic.

MEgvgbh_Ave-ZHqQbFvwcwziUd5WsVBet1NJylnM

GK is a mixture of H-41/42.

Ok then 8x48cm it serves the purpose just as well

Sign in to follow this