Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shiplife

Accuracy of Thunderer vs Georgia

10 comments in this topic

[-CC-]
Players
75 posts
605 battles

Hello,
just a simple question, but a very important one due to my impeding decision of purchase.

Could you compare the precision of the cannons for me please?

I have heard that both have BC dispersion, but how similar are they to each other?

Thank you.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,557 posts
9,567 battles

Thunderer is absurdly accurate. Quite overpowered to be honest. Georgia is slightly less so, but still quite comfortable and consistent.

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
598 posts
20,720 battles
7 minutes ago, Shiplife said:

Hello,
just a simple question, but a very important one due to my impeding decision of purchase.

I have heard that both have BC dispersion, but how similar are they to each other?

Thank you.

They have the exact same dispersion, but Thunderer has 0.1 better Sigma. So there is barely anything in it. However, Thunderer would often feel more accurate because she has two more guns and slightly faster shells, so you hit more per salvo.

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts
31,606 battles
16 minutes ago, Shiplife said:

Hello,

Thank you.

Here is the chart;

accu.JPG

• Cool 3

[GOTHY]
Beta Tester
88 posts
846 battles

georgia has 6 guns, mostly will overpen everything and you must aim carefully or you will do 1500 dmg shots often. I dont like the guns. too rng.

Players
1,912 posts
8,230 battles

From all the earlier coal ships I have the most fun when playing Pommern or Marceau. I wrote this to make a point regarding whether it worth getting Georgia or Thunderer. Of course they are both good ships, but having limited resorces, I’d maximize my fun I get out of my investment.

[-CC-]
Players
75 posts
605 battles
Před 2 hodinami Ocsimano18 řekl/a:

From all the earlier coal ships I have the most fun when playing Pommern or Marceau. I wrote this to make a point regarding whether it worth getting Georgia or Thunderer. Of course they are both good ships, but having limited resorces, I’d maximize my fun I get out of my investment.

The reason I am getting one of those is, they are both being removed from the shop.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
12 minutes ago, Shiplife said:

The reason I am getting one of those is, they are both being removed from the shop.

Accuracy is marginally better on Thunderer, but hardly to the point where it's incredibly noticeable. The bigger difference you should focus on is:

• Do you want to go fast at T9 with better credit income? Georgia can get almost 40 knots of speed and as a T9 ship has better earnings.
  • Do you want to have a tool for any situation and make the lives of any non-CV miserable at T10? Thunderer's strength is versatility with two strong ammo types, great concealment and great rudder shift. Good players should never find any situation where a Thunderer can't do something useful. As a consequence, whether it is by deleting people who don't pay attention with accurate AP or laying waste to anything else with HE, not giving a damn about angling or silly DD overpen rules, it is easy to cause a lot of grief with this ship.

I consider Thunderer the stronger option of the two, though Georgia by no means is weak and its speed, secondaries, good guns and strong economy certainly can make it an appealing choice. I did not consider listing Georgia's heal though as an advantage over Thunderer, because while it is faster, Thunderer has a heal that is just in the middle in between normal heal and Georgia's heal, but with more hp recovered, better citadel restoration and better pen damage restoration, so in terms of repairing damage, both are actually quite strong.

• Cool 4

Players
1,912 posts
8,230 battles
7 hours ago, Shiplife said:

I understand, but maybe that’s the wrong reason. I’m having a similar dilemma. Should I blow 2000,000 freeXP on Smaland, or get a ship I enjoy more. I mean Smaland is OP in ranked, but Halland is more fun, and for the price of Smaland I can get Siegfried or Yolo Emilio, or even the Ohio. I needed more than 6 months to grind this amount, and I want to get a ship I’d enjoy/play the most.

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
321 posts
8,857 battles

Wait, what? USS Over-Extended has main guns?

Huh, never noticed them before.

Thunderer is the better gunboat, for reasons already explained. Georgia is best way to chase DDs about the map. 

Sign in to follow this