You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skyee_8492

APR Yamato

13 comments in this topic

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts

tenor.gif

because this is what the game needs right now! 

More potato's only now they can instantly jump into T10 battles.

Having already seen this as people's first & only ship, the fall out from this will be interesting to see 

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
988 posts
16 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Would you rather have the potatos in Shima, Kitakami or Yamato?:Smile_hiding:

On a serious note. Nobody should be able to buy a tier 10 ship without having a few grinded and bought ones in port.

But WG seems hell bent on making the high tier battles worse. Still remember all those bought tier 9s flooding the que with fresh players in them.

• Cool 1

Players
619 posts
1,927 battles
44 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

Nobody should be able to buy a tier 10 ship without having a few grinded and bought ones in port.

Why?

And saying they don't know how to play is not an acceptable reason.

Gameplay changes as you progress through the tiers, so experience at one tier does not guarantee an ability at another.

I see plenty of high tier players making rookie mistakes.

And what about the experienced god-like player who starts on another server and doesn't want to grind through the low tiers?

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
4 hours ago, SirAmra said:

On a serious note. Nobody should be able to buy a tier 10 ship without having a few grinded and bought ones in port.

But WG seems hell bent on making the high tier battles worse. Still remember all those bought tier 9s flooding the que with fresh players in them.

Agreed! tier 10 is a complete potato farm these days, no reason to play 10s and the last ranked was a complete farce just to emphasise the issue 

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
3 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Why?

Gameplay changes as you progress through the tiers, so experience at one tier does not guarantee an ability at another.

And what about the experienced god-like player who starts on another server and doesn't want to grind through the low tiers?

Why? 

Because the top tiers are complete potato farms and this was the last thing it needed. An payable express lane :Smile_veryhappy: there was a time when coal ships never existed and you have to work to be good, now WG just let any tom, [edited] & harry get in on the action usually for the worst.

Being a tier 9-10 used to be earned and for experienced players,  now look at it..... Its a complete joke!  Now any deadhead can just completely jump learning the game in the lower stages and completely botch a team at the higher end instead where players might want to be a little more serious; hence they go there. More over getting involved into ranked battles.

It shouldn't really be the case that WG just lets noobs into the higher tiers just like that just for a little bit of profit but then again, this is WG! 

Obvs this is my opinion and you're free to disagree which you probably will since you only started playing last year so i wouldn't expect you to understand

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
988 posts
4 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Why?

Not knowing how to use the ships is a perfectly acceptable reason, cause if effs up the gameplay even more.

Top tiers are already flooded with players who knows eff all about anything. 

From a gameplay perspective u shouldn't be able to purchase anything higher than your highest grinded tier.

It was bad enough that u could buy yourself into tier 8s. And that has been a problem way back to the early days of wot.

But since u progress the tiers in this game to quickly I said a few tier 10s....not just 1 tier 10.

I still remember when u could buy tier 9s for money how the MM got flooded by brand new players, not knowing WASD from their own arses.

But this game has absolutely no requirements to progress the tiers except time, and u have a devs team that care zip about anything but cash.

I honestly have more fun in tier 4s atm than tier 10s.

The experienced God-like player must grind the tiers to buy the tier 10 prem, as everyone else.

• Cool 1

Players
2,210 posts
4,794 battles
5 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Why?

Three words:

Yamato firing HE.

You want me to expand on that?

I'll do it in eight words:

Yamato sitting at 30 kilometres firing high explosive.

Not enough?

Yamato is one of the (arguably) best T10s in the game. It's well known by the experienced playerbase (i.e. tho ones who grinded all the way from Hashidate) that Yamato's AP is its best feature, with the ability to overmatch the nose of basically everything at its tier. It's also well known that the ship is not all-powerful and has a weakspot in its armour scheme around the "cheek", just below the from turrets.

Now imagine someone who's never played a single battle at T1 throwing money at the game so they can skip all the way to the legendary Yammy at T10. They don't know there's a 2 key. They don't know anything about overmatch. They don't know anything about the Yamato's armour structure.

Behold! You have someone in one of the best ships in the game with absolutely no idea how to play it, taking up a coveted battleship slot on your team. You had best be good at lifting weights, because that's a 72ktonne behemoth you're going to have to carry to victory.

I don't know about you, but I had enough of carrying useless teams long ago.

I'm not even good enough to properly carry; check my stats, I'm average at best!

The sooner people stop being willing to accept WG's bullplop money-making schemes, the sooner this game could achieve its full potential.

• Cool 1

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
17 hours ago, LOZFFVII said:

The sooner people stop being willing to accept WG's bullplop money-making schemes, the sooner this game could achieve its full potential.

The perils of FTP unfortunately unfortunately. 

Old players get bored of WGs flimflam ways of approaching the game and dip; and newbies don't know any better! Hence they don't see the issue with a Yamato you can just buy......

Which for WG its good news, Its good business. The only people who suffer are us, the dedicated playerbase but again FTP so from WG prospective you haven't brought the game so why would they give a rats

Tier 3, Tier 10. They're no different! If anything tier 10 has even more planks in it than tier 3 does :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts

LAME! To give any noobie the possibility of buying a T10 Yamato with Unique upgrade and permanent camo, which so many have grinded so hard for, is A looser move and insult to the base. -1 WG.

• Cool 1