Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
comcode3

The rise and fall of ARP-collaborations

31 comments in this topic

[TEE]
Modder
6 posts
10,052 battles

We are currently experiencing the third collaboration with Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

Let me brake down the history a bit (please correct me, if I made any mistakes. I only know the first collab from tales and stories and I am not that much into anime and collabs)

1st collaboration:

You got combat missions for all the ships and commanders that were added:

ARP Kongo, ARP Kirishima, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao

2nd collaboration:

You got combat missions for the following ships and commanders:

ARP Kongo, ARP Kirishima, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Myoko

Alternatvely you could buy them (or the others) on the premium shop.

Also there was a new camouflage for ARP Takao, which you could only get by purchasing the whole ship a second time together with the camouflage (you got a compansation in doubloons, thoug).

3rd collaboration:

You got a combat mission for the commander of ARP Kirishima.

The following packages are available in the armory:

ARP Yamato, ARP Maya, an ARP camouflage for Musashi or a package with all of them.

All ARP content (except ARP Yamato, ARP Maya and the ARP camouflage for Musashi) can be purchased on the premium shop.

I'm NOT (just) complaining about not getting something for free!

BUT I'm complaining about the content being only available for purchase - especially without any further requirements or experience (on higher tiers).

There are two types of people: Arpeggio fans, and people that hate/don't care about anime.

They can be divided into 2 groups: Those who are willing to purchase the bundles and those who aren't.

Anime fan - not willing to purchase (probably because it's too expensive; very sad and disappointing)

Anime fan - willing to purchase (great)

Non-fan - not willing to purchase (fine)

Non-fan - willing to purchase (why should they? Oh right, you can get a T10 ship without having to do or grind anything)

We already experienced Puerto Rico in the dockyard. It was not just the announcement, that it *is* possible to get her for free that set up people. It was also that it is possible to get her for doubloons without having to do ANYTHING. Just lay out your credit card and you are good to go.

ARP Yamato and Puerto Rico are T10 ships that are sold for money. There isn't even a combat mission that could be purchased for Yamato, maybe only available for T8+ ships (would still be bad, but much better than what we have now)

Also there was a bundle on the premium shop once, where you could purchase New Orleans (a T7 Tech Tree cruiser?!) and an XP-Booster plus a permanent camouflage for Des Moines. I really hated to see that, but it didn't upset me enough to stand up.

This here is too much now.

You can skip the grind with money, but then there is stuff like the research bureau to get some kind of long term goal.. Kinda contradictory, innit?

Besides, with Yamato WG picked a ship that overmatches 32mm of armor which reduces the required amount of skill and experience.

I really love the game, but I am very dissatisfied and dissappointed by WarGamings sales policy.

• Cool 11

[SHAFT]
Players
11,158 posts
9,512 battles
12 minutes ago, comcode3 said:

I'm NOT (just) complaining about not getting something for free!

BUT I'm complaining about the content being only available for purchase - especially without any further requirements or experience (on higher tiers).

Agreed, the combination is just mindblowingly stupid.

I have all Myoko clones - why would i buy another one which looks different with another Commander? Oh wait its an Atago right? well i have Takao, played it >500 times, dont need a 2nd one...

I have Musashi - another permancamo i dont need, you can buy yourself 200% bonus for 2 months. Aint that great? pay to skip grind. Btw i dont even need extra FreeXP and co anyway...

I have Yamato - why would i buy ANOTHER Yamato, which only looks different for 35k dubs?

It gets more evident every time:

As a longtime player, you are dirt, WG would probably celebrate when we just all GTFO and stop raping newbies, so they can spend more money.

If you have played 100 battles, thats where the money is! Time to grab it while its still warm :cap_fainting:

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,293 posts
14,932 battles
22 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

As a longtime player, you are dirt, WG would probably celebrate when we just all GTFO and stop raping newbies, so they can spend more money.

That must be the reason WG converted the ARP ships to full fledged premiums and gave that way some veterans 9 premiums they did have to pay for...

... while new players have to pay for them.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[SHAFT]
Players
11,158 posts
9,512 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That must be the reason WG converted the ARP ships to full fledged premiums and gave that way some veterans 9 premiums they did have to pay for...

Its not like, these are the only premium ships available to new players. I think people are more inclined to buy historical (looking) ships than historical ships with added fantasy stuff.

In the end, noone could buy non-premium ships, you only got them for free (as far as i know atleast). And i wonder, how many players actually kept playing ARP ships actively after they became premium status. I think the amount is rather small, seeing how rarely i see any ARP ships. Or lets look at 2months data on maplesyrup:

image.png.19ed324b004249ad949b29bb86597c75.png

image.png.c56e5d03bf65a3f90a2b9ac34f024e87.png

image.png.16441bea13574368fa45a136649ecfa0.png

Thats overall stats, so atleast 1 game in 2 months

More than 10 games in 2 months here:

image.png.d5eb807d9c8a619903af4e59764b99fe.png

image.png.03be55fc7a394690d3753373e8674b57.png

image.png.f9b77cd29e4886602a4d991179508674.png

Who cares if they are premium now? Literally only a handful of people are playing them...

I played my >500 games when it was not a premium.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Agreed, the combination is just mindblowingly stupid.

I have all Myoko clones - why would i buy another one which looks different with another Commander? Oh wait its an Atago right? well i have Takao, played it >500 times, dont need a 2nd one...

I have Musashi - another permancamo i dont need, you can buy yourself 200% bonus for 2 months. Aint that great? pay to skip grind. Btw i dont even need extra FreeXP and co anyway...

I have Yamato - why would i buy ANOTHER Yamato, which only looks different for 35k dubs?

If you have played 100 battles, thats where the money is! Time to grab it while its still warm :cap_fainting:

It always amazes me how much they can drag this one out like you said just different versions of the same ships. over and over. But i guess some of the imagery appeals to certain people?

I still have the original ARP Haruna (NOT the pink one!!) and for tier V she's strong  but a rarely play her tbh. Im more historical than fantasy so they never really appealed to me tbh.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,211 posts
14,728 battles
26 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Who cares if they are premium now? Literally only a handful of people are playing them.

As a matter of interest, do the stats give any indication of what proportion of these things get played, versus the more normal premiums? For example, Atago must be one of the most owned premiums in the game, so you would expect she'd have a higher battle count than the alternative versions; I'm curious if the 'weirdos' are more or less prevalent than their owned numbers might suggest.

Personally, I tend to play vanilla Atago more because I'm an airhead and forget I have the weeb version too...

[I-J-N]
Players
5,509 posts

The new players buy these ships,:cap_money: get disappointed by the meta :cap_wander:, leave game and lose the money,:cap_tea: WeeGee retains the profits, however.

They say there's one born every minute, not like they are going to run dry of potential vi.. :Smile_trollface:.. ehem.. customers any time soon.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,293 posts
14,932 battles
30 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Who cares if they are premium now?

It is not about that.

You claimed that WG does not care for veterans, while this change was only to the benefit of veterans.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
655 posts
10,902 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

This, pretty much.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,158 posts
9,512 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is not about that.

You claimed that WG does not care for veterans, while this change was only to the benefit of veterans.

Thats like companies try to greenwash their image. Imagine, WG would add extra boni on the Arkansas Beta camo - does it matter? No, not really. If it benefits only a few people, due to different reasons, then it doesnt make a big difference.

Or what if they would give everyone, who has a Kronshtadt, a Kronshtadt B? Sounds awesome right? But its the same ship, so while it clearly is only for veterans, it makes no difference to have that ship in port for a 2nd time...

20 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

As a matter of interest, do the stats give any indication of what proportion of these things get played, versus the more normal premiums? For example, Atago must be one of the most owned premiums in the game, so you would expect she'd have a higher battle count than the alternative versions; I'm curious if the 'weirdos' are more or less prevalent than their owned numbers might suggest. 

Personally, I tend to play vanilla Atago more because I'm an airhead and forget I have the weeb version too...

Unique ships on EU Server

image.png.5685e12fc5d2afde784129bbd3a677d3.png

image.png.f54b7bd04a54a4186f2c6a891fbb2da7.png

image.png.428830b68544f60d42cedce833195475.png

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,082 posts
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

No WG converted them so they can actually market them as premiums and sell them for cash

• Cool 9

[SHAFT]
Players
11,158 posts
9,512 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

No WG converted them so they can actually market them as premiums and sell them for cash

Very good point indeed :cap_like:

Afterall, this might have been the only way to get more ARP collabs...

• Cool 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,509 posts
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Very good point indeed :cap_like:

Afterall, this might have been the only way to get more ARP collabs...

Yeah, we don't actually know the details of these collabs.

[CATS]
Players
28,293 posts
14,932 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Thats like companies try to greenwash their image. Imagine, WG would add extra boni on the Arkansas Beta camo - does it matter? No, not really. If it benefits only a few people, due to different reasons, then it doesnt make a big difference.

Or what if they would give everyone, who has a Kronshtadt, a Kronshtadt B? Sounds awesome right? But its the same ship, so while it clearly is only for veterans, it makes no difference to have that ship in port for a 2nd time...

We are not talking about a Tier IV camo change. We are talking about premium ships up to Tier VIII.

And yes, getting gifted a Kron B would be quite welcome to many.

Btw. some people would like to see more premium versions of techtree ships and asked for their introduction.

10 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Does not change the fact that the conversion costed veterans nothing.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
10,223 posts
12,003 battles
30 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is not about that.

Which aren't many around, so WG could "afford" to give something for free for long term players. Even more so how rarely these ships are played nowadays.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,293 posts
14,932 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Which aren't many around, so WG could "afford" to give something for free for long term players. Even more so how rarely these ships are played nowadays.

Does not matter. The claim was that WG treats veterans badly.

• Cool 1

Players
502 posts
6,370 battles

I don't disagree, but I will say again that I'd rather play tier X with potato whales than tier V with seal clubbers. Go on, WG! Open the floodgates. Let the potatoes roll in and displace the veterans. Fine by me.

• Funny 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,253 posts
13,920 battles
2 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

I don't disagree, but I will say again that I'd rather play tier X with potato whales than tier V with seal clubbers. Go on, WG! Open the floodgates. Let the potatoes roll in and displace the veterans. Fine by me.

Maybe we can all have a competitive game down at tier 5 and 6 :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
472 posts
8,908 battles
8 ore fa, comcode3 ha scritto:

Anime fan - not willing to purchase (probably because it's too expensive; very sad and disappointing)

T H I S

[TACHA]
Players
273 posts
4,789 battles

Well I bought the Takao as the Atago was on my "to get" list and I prefered the colours and captain on this ship, started to watch the Anime too.

1st time out in COOP, I like.

shot-20.11.13_21.43.40-0893.jpg

[PANEU]
Players
1,024 posts
3,121 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, Chaos_Umbra sagte:

Maybe we can all have a competitive game down at tier 5 and 6 :Smile_teethhappy:

Hell nah. Still remember T6 cb rng fest? 

[PANEU]
Players
1,024 posts
3,121 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, Chaos_Umbra sagte:

[SFT]
Players
239 posts

Now it should be very obvious to anyone that WG is secretly changing their monetization strategy to an even unhealthier and more aggressive one. They keep breaking promises and lowering their standards for months now. At the same time this is a pure statement that WG does not care at all about having a better balance, especially in high tiers. They just dont care. Money over everything.

Cash. Cow. Must. Be. Milked. Excessively.

[ZEN]
Players
1,253 posts
13,920 battles
25 minutes ago, Aixin said:

That was kinda due to WG giving everyone a free Graf Spee the patch before, and that isn't much of an issue in T6 random battles. All WG need to do for CBs is put a limitation on identical ships at 2...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,944 posts
19,673 battles
15 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Tonight I met a ARP Yamato player with 106 battles (total) - just :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this