Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaravellaCaravan

New player. Citadelled Nelson 5x with Pyotr Velikiy on Co-op. How is this possible?

7 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
636 battles

Desktop_2020_11_13_00_51_41_509.thumb.png.f9a58c81704f36bdf2052aa2d5627c45.png

That's happened. I can't post the 10 second long video because i think the site doesn't allow MP4 files. I've very suprised the sunk an battleship that 2 tiers above than me with single salvo.

[XTREM]
Players
1,884 posts
14,423 battles

You have the penetration to do it from that angle. 

Factor in that you aimed well and got a nice salvo spread and voila. 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,117 posts
14,594 battles
19 minutes ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

I've very suprised the sunk an battleship that 2 tiers above than me with single salvo.

You got him broadside, and demonstrated why BBs (and anybody else with one) want to keep their citadels hidden.

If you look at Nelson's armour layout, you get this:

image.thumb.png.3a6b2893bd4d820146c982455feff5bd.png

That's a lot of citadel, and it projects a long way above the waterline - it's something that Nelson is notorious for.

[RRVK]
Players
39 posts
11,269 battles

As most other replies have stated - a really well-aimed volley can citadel the Nelson (or other ships), when it is showing that much broadside. 

Allow me to toot the horn for the Nelson, which I do believe is still available for freeXP. It can be a very powerful ship when angled correctly - it has big guns for its tier with decent ballistics and penetration as well as the "customary" British HE fire chance and it has a very "potent" heal. 

However, it is slow and (as you allready found out) has a huge citadel. Also, it will struggle against CVs (especially tier 8) - but then most ships experience difficulty dealing with CVs.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this