You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Hit the Recruit Milestone in 10 Simple Steps

12 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,507 posts
9,526 battles

I have a quicker way

266655df332e423e997675e8fa26de93.jpg

Are short term monetary gains really so important to you that you're willing to sacrifice long term enjoyment, game quality and stability? Man, the desperation.

• Cool 2

[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,072 posts
12,015 battles

The question is, is it enough to encourage recruiting?

Personally, I dont think so. Using consumables and dubloons as rewards are too transitory, even ingame, other than for minor things. We all know how quickly signals, camo's and dubloons can disappear. if you're looking to increase your playerbase WG you need to get far more creative.....rewards need to be epic. As for myself, I'd never recruit anyone for love of the game because I don't feel valued as a player. Make sense?

• Cool 3

Players
1,052 posts
15,102 battles

It's an informative article and I can identify some useful tips in there that new players could benefit from.

But. This is more doubling down on your traditional attitude towards new players of benign neglect, with the option of using external or third-party sources to learn more about the game and how to win battles. Educational videos don't count because they are not interactive. Honestly, what's wrong with designing a short series of tutorials to explain and practice newly introduced techniques and consumables? Like any other normal game?

• Cool 1

Players
844 posts

If you want to get the player base to ask their friends to join the game just slow down the never ending Cash Grabs, at least pretend you listen to your customer base. Have a think about what gifts/incentives you offer and fgs stop it with the laziness, Copy, Nerf. Paste all the time. The Game Concept is Good but it's like a Horse pulling a cart Thrashing it to make it work harder may work in the short term  Nurturing it and Looking after it and lightening the load  reaps better rewards and happy players spend more in the long term. That of course depends on if there is a long term.

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Players
567 posts
10,106 battles

I know of someone that once got 30 pieces of [real world] silver to throw his friend under the proverbial bus.

Yet if I throw my friend(s) under the same proverbial bus I only get 500 WG doubloons (per head or per axle?).

Either the dude I know of was overpaid to throw his friend under the proverbial bus or WG must think I dislike my friend(s) or perceive me as cheap?

• Cool 1

Players
156 posts
11,375 battles

Me to my friends - ''Hey guys, wanna get screwed by a dishonest developer that gradually unbalanced and ruined their game in the quest for more and more money?''

My friends and multiple clans i play with in multiple games - ''No thanks''

Me - ''Well don't play WOWS then''

I will recommend your game when it is worth recommending. I assume that will be never but miracles do sometimes happen. Until then, i will do the opposite and recommend AGAINST my friends playing this.

• Cool 2