You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_FrostVortex_

ST 0.9.11, changes to test ships

32 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
28,064 posts
14,868 battles

ST 0.9.11, changes to test ships

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on testing results. The changes will be applied to Italian battleships and some other ships.

VII Strasbourg

• Main battery reload time increased from 24 to 25 s;
  • Sigma parameter increased from 1.7 to 1.8

IX Z-44

• Detectability range by ships reduced from 8.08 to 7.78 km. Other detectability ranges were reduced accordingly.

VII Francesco Caracciolo, VIII Vittorio Veneto; X Cristoforo Colombo

• Maximum SAP shell damage reduced from 14,050 to 12,500.

VI Andrea Doria

• Maximum SAP shell damage reduced from 10,250 to 9,100;
  • Main battery reload time increased from 30 to 33 s.

VII Francesco Caracciolo

• Main battery reload time increased from 28 to 30 s.

VI Mysore

• Main battery reload time increased from 9.5 to 10 s.

IX Hizen

• Number of "Repair Party" consumables reduced from 4 to 3.
  • Strasbourg: Looks good, maybe even go to 26s and 1.9 Sigma
  • SAP shells: Looks good, but you have to consider increasing the RoF in return, generally SAP should do less damage than AP
  • Hizen: With the slow reload and the high cost the ship is very uninteresting
  • Cool 1

Players
1,851 posts
3,522 battles
1 minuto fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

SAP shells: Looks good, but you have to consider increasing the RoF in return, generally SAP should do less damage than AP

i think it should have stayed the way it was; it's just how SAP works: doing more dmg than AP. if they want to nerf it they need to give reload and sigms buffs.

[CATS]
Players
28,064 posts
14,868 battles
1 minute ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

i think it should have stayed the way it was; it's just how SAP works: doing more dmg than AP. if they want to nerf it they need to give reload and sigms buffs.

SAP is too powerful when it exceeds certain armor thresholds. No reason to use AP.

SAP on cruisers already obliterates DD and there is rarely a reason to use AP.

SAP on BB will obliterate DD, CA and some BB. There will be rarely a reason to use AP.

• Cool 5

Players
1,851 posts
3,522 battles
Proprio ora, ColonelPete ha scritto:

SAP is too powerful when it exceeds certain armor thresholds. No reason to use AP.

SAP on cruisers already obliterates DD and there is rarely a reason to use AP.

SAP on BB will obliterate DD, CA and some BB. There will be rarely a reason to use AP.

looks at the Italian cruiers

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

looks at the Italian cruiers

Issue is, on cruisers, it replaces HE and HE for cruisers is important, so SAP being this useful to make up for the loss in fire damage is kind of necessary. On BBs, the SAP as it was doesn't just replace the HE, it powercreeps the AP shells. C. Colombo for example would only ever need to load AP if there's a perfectly broadside cruiser or BB that can be very reliably citadelled, because otherwise, with old alpha, you are looking at up to 75k in a SAP strike. Even if it's unlikely you wipe out a Stalingrad as you'd need to hit 16 out of 16, just hitting 12 on most cruisers is just going to wipe them out.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@HaachamaShipping considering Colombo has 1.5 sigma you won't hit many shells. i rechecked and now 381mm SAP does just 500 more damage than AP.

Which is fine. Even if Colombo just hits 3 shells out of 16, it'd be 12k damage. Hit 6 out of 16 and you get 24k. For a normal BB, that's already a decent salvo. With only 500 more damage, the SAP becomes a bit more situational and you have to consider whether you want the chance of citadels or the guarantee of not overpenning and ricochetting less.

Players
257 posts
8,154 battles

So now Hizen have:

• Worse Armour than Izumo
  • Worse HP
  • Worse Sigma
  • Worse Range
  • Worse reload
  • Worse Turret traverse
  • Worse guns
  • Worse concealment
  • Worse AA.
  • One heal less.
  • Same speed.
  • For one turret more...

WOOOOOW...

• Cool 8

Players
23 posts
5,534 battles

How much more you want to nerf Hizen?

WG: YES

At least the Strasbourg got some buff.

Who ever wants to play Italian BB's now is a good question with getting constantly nerfed...

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
10,968 posts
9,438 battles
26 minutes ago, panzerbetyar_h said:

Who ever wants to play Italian BB's now is a good question with getting constantly nerfed...

Because they are [edited]OP otherwise??? How does it make sense for BBs to Citadel Cruisers with SAP (possible on midtiers) and get MORE damage than with AP? Also its more reliable because you dont get overpens like AP.

SAP just needs to be deleted from the game. WG wont ever balance it properly.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,219 posts
13,791 battles
20 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Because they are [edited]OP otherwise??? How does it make sense for BBs to Citadel Cruisers with SAP (possible on midtiers) and get MORE damage than with AP? Also its more reliable because you dont get overpens like AP.

SAP just needs to be deleted from the game. WG wont ever balance it properly.

Yeah SAP IMO has basically been detrimental to everything it has been added to as it makes the ammo selection 1 dimensional and because WG balance the ship around SAP DPM the AP DPM and usefulness gets completely butchered in the process. How often do you use AP in Italian cruisers? 1 or 2 salvos a game at most and that is because the guns are accurate enough to make that shot count, the BBs on the other hand will almost be SAP only like RN tech tree BBs are almost HE only cause to balance out the easy to deal damage the accuracy was made awful.

TBH I can see the SAP alpha being reduced a further 2-3k then the reload nerfs reverted and the accuracy improved to compensate. I wish they could do this to the cruisers (without the accuracy improvement) so the can have a sensible reload and thus an ok AP DPM...

• Cool 5

Players
1,851 posts
3,522 battles
Proprio ora, Chaos_Umbra ha scritto:

TBH I can see the SAP alpha being reduced a further 2-3k then the reload nerfs reverted and the accuracy improved to compensate. I wish they could do this to the cruisers (without the accuracy improvement) so the can have a sensible reload and thus an ok AP DPM...

but then why would you need SAP, just give them HE and AP and call it a day.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,968 posts
9,438 battles

Even at 10k alpha, SAP would deal twice the damage italian HE would do (reference Roma 381mm HE deals 5100 alpha).

How many Overpens/Pens/Cits do you get with normal BBs? Now imagine, almost all of those could be Pens, dealing more damage than the AP pens you had before. Why do you need AP?

• Cool 1

Players
1,851 posts
3,522 battles
1 minuto fa, Communism_is_balanced ha scritto:

I am the only one how notice a german DD Buff xD 

no you didn't but it's overshadowed by the other NERFS

[ZEN]
Players
1,219 posts
13,791 battles
13 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Because it would mean you still do a lot of damage to lightly armoured targets that the Roma has trouble dealing with cause it has too much pen, a broadside Chapy at under 12km is almost immune to citadels and only takes overpens with AP each for 1.2k damage, so if you land all shells (which you won't cause Roma has troll accuracy) you will deal only 10.8k, accounting for accuracy it will be more like 2.4-4.8k which is less than some cruisers can deal in HE in one salvo.

Players
98 posts

I understand SAP nerf. I would batter it even more to 8500-9000 range because these BBs will have the absolute power to deal enormous alpha strike on SAP alone. Yes, yes I know there is more variables in the mix, but let's assume highly improbably case, that T10 with unmodified SAP value lands hole salvo and does 16 penetration hits. There is not a single ship in game which can withstand that. First salvo always deal a lot of alpha, because there is no dmg saturation at play. That would be simply too overwhelming, especially if you're bow tanking Kremlin. :Smile_hiding:

And Hizen... just stop. It's long time dead and you find even more creative ways to mutilate the corpse. Are you Drukhari Haemoculus in disguise or perhaps Khorne brotherhood of some kind?

• Cool 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,219 posts
13,791 battles
1 hour ago, ZaalKoris_vas_QwibQwib said:

I understand SAP nerf. I would batter it even more to 8500-9000 range because these BBs will have the absolute power to deal enormous alpha strike on SAP alone. Yes, yes I know there is more variables in the mix, but let's assume highly improbably case, that T10 with unmodified SAP value lands hole salvo and does 16 penetration hits. There is not a single ship in game which can withstand that. First salvo always deal a lot of alpha, because there is no dmg saturation at play. That would be simply too overwhelming, especially if you're bow tanking Kremlin. :Smile_hiding:

And Hizen... just stop. It's long time dead and you find even more creative ways to mutilate the corpse. Are you Drukhari Haemoculus in disguise or perhaps Khorne brotherhood of some kind?

That's why they gave them terrible accuracy, you will only land 2 shells most of the time... sounds really fun to play. And when RNG favours the ship it sounds really fun to be on the receiving end of that...

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,721 posts
21,070 battles

Welp, I'm just gonna skip the New Year's Dockyard event then.

No point investing in garbage.

PS: Strasbourg is still looking okayish.

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
6 hours ago, Furius_Marius said:

image.png.72991166eff9c0311cbb032a50fc0e0c.png

Dispersion on Amagi is only better because it lists the maximum dispersion at maximum range and Hizen has 300 metres better range, so 3 metres more maximum dispersion. At 20 km, both have identical dispersion. More important is that Hizen has 1.6 sigma, Amagi 1.8, so Amagi's shell groupings are a good bit better.

• Cool 3