You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZeuSueZ1337

Will retired (premium, coal, freexp etc.) ships return at some point?

21 comments in this topic

[RDNT]
Players
86 posts

*DISCLAIMER* NOT ASKIN' FOR SMOLENSK BACK xD

Well, the topic says it all really.

After been sailing the virtual seas for 2+ years now several non-researchable ships that was available when I began playing (i.e. Musashi and Kronshtadt to name two) are still MIA so to speak.

Would these ships make an appearance again at some time? Or do one have to commit when/if any interesting boat becomes available?

Asking out of curiosity and because this new post on the DB made me remember my pondering on this question:

I fully grasp that the mods would like to keep the diversity of boats high thus only offering the non-researchable boats for a limited amount of time.

On the other hand a lot of us (I presume, don't have hard data admittedly) have a life besides WoWs and therefor were not able to grind each and every day to day to gain RB-points, coal, steel, free exp etc

So not asking if the aforementioned boats specifically makes a reappearance but rather if boats previously offered could make a second coming? And as a purchase for resources (coal, steel, free exp, RB-points etc.) not as a random RNG-lottery ticket. Also not expecting monster balans.exe fails like Belfast (t7), Smolensk etc. to be reintroduced.

Prior to posting this topic I did search the forum but wasn't able to find anything that covers this - but I might be mistaken.

Thanks in advance. 

Players
2,306 posts
31,496 battles

There is no information on whether removed ships will be available on sale for in game resources again, though, they are obtainable via new year crates as you guessed. 

While new players may not have those ships, a tremendous amount of people got them, especially Musashi and Musashi is as broken as Belfast. It is basically a Yamato in tier 9 facing tier 7 ships. Kron is strong but so are other SCs.

Players
198 posts
2,833 battles

I think that the ships that are deemed "too popular" like the Georgia, might find their way back into the store in a similar fashion like Jean Bart B.

But I wouldn't hold too much hope for very strong ships like the Mushashi and Thunderer to find their way back. 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,177 posts
14,684 battles
10 minutes ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

Would these ships make an appearance again at some time?

So far (if memory serves), no T10s have returned in any form, and all the discontinued T9s have been added to the Xmas lootbox lists.

As far as I recall, none have returned in the same form as they were originally available.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

and all the discontinued T9s have been added to the Xmas lootbox lists.

Jean Bart is highly likely to return as JB B ... though we don't know yet if that's just in Black Friday Boxes or ... well direct cash also.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,729 posts
6,701 battles

Never say never, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Some, like the Kronshtadt and Jean Bart apparently weren't really considered overpowered, just overly popular. And Jean Bart is making her way back this month, only wearing fetish wear and selling her services for cash rather than giving them away for free. So it's not completely infeasible that those could make their way back into the armory.

But as for ships like the Missouri that's economically unbalanced or Musashi that's just overpowered... I doubt we'll ever see them again outside of the festive season slot machine.

[SINT]
Players
983 posts
21,778 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

So far (if memory serves), no T10s have returned in any form, and all the discontinued T9s have been added to the Xmas lootbox lists.

As far as I recall, none have returned in the same form as they were originally available.

The only T10 that we “lost”until now is Smolensk.

We lost Missouri ( FXP) Musashi ( both FXP and coal?) Krohnstad ( FXP) JB ( coal). First 3 are gone, JB came back in Black version. Then we lost some regular non free currency  ships like Kutnetzov, Belfast, GC, the T8 US CV, The Kamikaze twins, Gremyashy.

This future removal of ships is actually the largest removal ever. Thunderer, Georgia, Alaska, Massachusetts, and the second T10 to be removed Smalland.

WG has been quite inconsistent with the removals. It’s not about being longest in shop. Or exactly most sold/ games in play.

Only thing that surprises me is that the almost completely remove the US BB secondary playstyle. Sure Ohio still is available but the main showcase of this style is removed...and maybe a bit questionable looking at the future captain skill change.

• Cool 1

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles

No removed ship returned so far, unless you count christmas crates

5 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Only thing that surprises me is that the almost completely remove the US BB secondary playstyle. Sure Ohio still is available but the main showcase of this style is removed...and maybe a bit questionable looking at the future captain skill change.

Why charge 40-60€ for "US secondary playstyle" when they can charge north of 200€ for FXP conversion to get Ohio:cap_tea:

[SM0KE]
Players
6,177 posts
14,684 battles
13 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

we don't know yet if that's just in Black Friday Boxes or ... well direct cash also.

If they follow the same pattern as previous years, you'll be able to get all the Black ships for cold hard currency...

• Cool 1

Players
2,306 posts
31,496 battles
18 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

The only T10 that we “lost”until now is Smolensk.

We lost Missouri ( FXP) Musashi ( both FXP and coal?) Krohnstad ( FXP) JB ( coal). First 3 are gone, JB came back in Black version. Then we lost some regular non free currency  ships like Kutnetzov, Belfast, GC, the T8 US CV, The Kamikaze twins, Gremyashy.

Kuznetsov, you mean Kutuzov. Plus, Fujin, Enterprise, Iwaki Alpha, Arkansas Beta, Nikolai.

[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,029 battles
46 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

There is no information on whether removed ships will be available on sale for in game resources again, though, they are obtainable via new year crates as you guessed. 

While new players may not have those ships, a tremendous amount of people got them, especially Musashi and Musashi is as broken as Belfast. It is basically a Yamato in tier 9 facing tier 7 ships. Kron is strong but so are other SCs.

actully no the tier 10 ones is not eaven avaliable in crates. 

puerto rico, smolensk, thunderer, småland. these ships will never be seen again ! 

• Cool 1

Players
2,306 posts
31,496 battles
5 minutes ago, albin322 said:

actully no the tier 10 ones is not eaven avaliable in crates. 

puerto rico, smolensk, thunderer, småland. these ships will never be seen again ! 

Right. I was addressing Musashi and Kron mainly.

Edit: I don’t remember but maybe I’m missing, did we ever see PR in crates or sale for cash?

[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,029 battles
19 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Edit: I don’t remember but maybe I’m missing, did we ever see PR in crates or sale for cash?

no get pr you needed to do the dockyard event. you could pay all of it for like a huge amount of dubs if you did not want to play.

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles
21 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

No, PR was available only once, during 2019 christmas.

Players
2,306 posts
31,496 battles
15 minutes ago, albin322 said:

no get pr you needed to do the dockyard event. you could pay all of it for like a huge amount of dubs if you did not want to play.

I see, thanks. I have PR, was just wondering whether it was on sale at any point because I wasn’t sure. 

14 minutes ago, Panocek said:

No, PR was available only once, during 2019 christmas.

Yep, thanks.

[RDNT]
Players
86 posts

Sooooooo.

The consensus seems to rotate around that non-doubloon ships that's get taken "out of rotation", if you will, are unlikely* to make their way into the game at a later point.

Alright I'll take this into consideration going forward.

*) Unless the RNG-gods drop em' in a container of sorts, obviously.

[KAKE]
Players
2,729 posts
6,701 battles
6 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Does anyone know when and what the next coal ship will be?

Flint, Black and Neustrashimy?

Of the ships currently in testing, Hizen is going to be this Christmas season dockyard mehbote and Strasbourg is going to be a temp campaign reward. AFAIK none of the other ships in development have had their intended method of acquisition announced.

Players
139 posts
17,210 battles

Some of those ships will eventually make it back, and then there are always the Xmas loot boxes for your chance to 'win' any of them .. One can even entertain the thought they deliberately pulled some more ships to make people buy more of them soon to be available crates ... 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,659 posts
44,035 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

Some of those ships will eventually make it back, and then there are always the Xmas loot boxes for your chance to 'win' any of them .. One can even entertain the thought they deliberately pulled some more ships to make people buy more of them soon to be available crates ... 

Might be, especially Massa will probably be able to get. But I guess it depends also on the possibilities to win coal and free xp, Also crates with lots of special flags combined with high first win bonuses will increase the loot box sales as 200% First win XP ere excellent to splash flags in. It will be interesting if any of the ships are winnable in the Christmas crates this year, it might be wise to save your coal if you will spend some on christmas crates anyway to wait for the content.