YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.11 - 0.9.12 - Updates to Ranked Battles system

8 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,615 posts
4,416 battles

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_ranked_EN_1920x1080.jpg

In the old system, Ranked Battles were held throughout the year with significant breaks, and league progression was less transparent. In the new system, Ranked Battles will be available on something close to a regular basis. You'll be able to obtain rewards consistently in battles against players of a level equal to yours. The addition of qualifications will make the progress and distribution throughout the leagues easier to understand.

Main changes

• Ranked Battles seasons will be held with short breaks and be divided into sprints, each lasting about 2 weeks.
  • There are three leagues in each season: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. In order to enter the next league, you need to reach Rank 1 in your current league and then qualify.
  • During a single sprint, players can only progress through their current league and qualify for the next one.
    • If you don't manage to qualify for the next league, you'll start a new sprint in your current league.
    • If you qualify for the next league, you'll start a new sprint in that next league.
  • Rewards will be granted for achieving a certain number of victories in a league, achieving Rank 1, and qualifying.
  • The Jolly Roger achievement has been added and will be granted once per season for achieving Rank 1 in each league.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_jolly_roger_1920x1080.jpg

We've also added new expendable camouflages—Bronze, Silver, and Gold—which will be granted as rewards in the corresponding leagues.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_golden_EN_1920x1080.jpg

A new Ranked Battles Season is scheduled to start in Update 0.9.11. The Season conditions and rewards will be announced shortly prior to the Update's release.

Players
1,052 posts
15,102 battles

Oh, this looks interesting, let's try it out.

First battle: Red Enterprise proceeds to spank my entire team.

Yeah, ok, CVs in 8vs8. Not gud, WG.

Weekend Tester
1,325 posts
34,579 battles

How do you think this prime time thing will work on live???? We will have to choose if we want to play ranked or clan battles??? And hey, weird thought, but some people still have jobs despite it being 2020 and so. What about shift workers? Same shift for a whole week, so I see it coming that during those 2 week sprints, I will be working in one week and be sleeping the other. Thank you for excluding me from your events by design. WTH is wrong with 24/7 like it used to be?

Players
1,876 posts
19,377 battles

Had a lot of problems testing this mode, very long wait times even on prime time didn't help. I appreciate you guys did add bots to help speed that up, however it did result in several matches where my only other human teammate was AFK hard to get an accurate opinion as a result. 

My only real concern (and I know it will be totally ignored but felt I should point it out anyway) is these maps are extremely small for the most part, and having CVs present means all opportunity for positioning or tactics are largely defunct. It really is about rushing forward combining firepower and not thinking much. I know CVs are a endless debate on the forum and one WG doesn't want to engage with, but if you do insist on including CVs might I suggest at least including some of the larger maps into the list. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,271 battles

Cheaters on PT Ranked.

I just had Kurfurst in enemy team with average damage of 210k, and in Randoms he is 45% player with average of 50k damage or so.

He manage to citadel me 3 times in a row with only front turrets against my angled Kurfurst.

@YabbaCoe  @TheWarJaC  Can I somehow report cheaters on PT?

I have screenshots and he is no doubt a hack.

[VLOOT]
Players
111 posts
15,070 battles

Did the bronze level got through into silver, but when I stopped for the day and opened the game the next day no results were saved and I had to start at bronze all over again.

Really "good motivation" to play test

Several times the game crashed and waiting times are far too long. All in all a very disappointing experience

[KDMA]
Players
15 posts

Undoubtedly the formula of these ranked is fast and dynamic.
All this does not mind even if in my opinion some corrections would be necessary.
1) The waiting time for engagement in battle was sometimes very long.
2) A few more specific maps wouldn't hurt.
3) MM criterion often incomprehensible, sometimes irritating, sometimes disgusting.
More balancing is needed in the choice of teams to oppose, for giving the opportunity to all players of compare equally.
Beautiful "Jolly Roger" honors give a nice characteristic imprint to the level reached, be it bronze, silver and gold.