YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.11 - 0.9.12 - General Feedback

24 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,595 posts
4,410 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Preview_0911_Public_Test_1200x790.jpg

Captains, welcome to the Public Test of Updates 0.9.11 and 0.9.12!

The New Year festivities, Dockyard, reworked Ranked Battles, and other novelties. Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the Test!

Round 2 Schedule

Starts: Thursday 19th November 17:30 CET (UTC+1)

Ends: Tuesday 24th November 06:30 CET (UTC+1)

Сommanders, thank you for participating in the Public Test for Updates 0.9.11 and 0.9.12! Your feedback helps us to improve the version and to fix errors. Check out the changelog and join the second session of the Public Test!

Changelog

• Maps and format of Ranked battles were updated based on the results of the first Public Test session
  • Naval Base Port has returned to its initial design
  • Naval Legends audio files were removed from the res/userMusiс folder. You can find all podcasts here
  • Removed the ability to set the autopilot course when clicking on the minimap
  • Fixed animation of objects in the Kure Port
  • Fixed issues with Ranked Battles interface
  • Fixed an issue which caused the "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumable to work incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue which caused torpedoes to launch in an incorrect direction or not launch at all when torpedo tube aiming angles were manually locked on a bearing
  • Fixed an issue which caused Spotter Planes to have no engine sounds
  • Balance changes to several ships were made
  • Fixed several other bugs

Special Features of the Test

The rewards for activities on the Public Test server may differ from those on the live server.

• flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4VIII Kansas, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4IX Minnesota, and flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4X Vermont will not be available to research on the Public Test server.
  • On the Public Test server, Ranked Battles will utilize a reworked system. The battles will involve teams of Tier VII–X ships (depending on the League) facing off against one another in a "7 vs 7" format.
  • For the purposes of testing, the conditions of the "In Pursuit of Strasbourg" and "Ships and Fates" Campaigns have been made easier to fulfill.  flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192VII Strasbourg won't be available on the Public Test server.
  • We've changed the reward for completing certain shipbuilding phases at the Dockyard. flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887II Tachibana, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eV Yahagi, and flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Hizen won't be available on the Public Test server.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,225 posts
13,931 battles

The light-effects on the new port are strange. Mid-parts of ships are dark, rest is bright.

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.257e15fb94bb75112c7e38ebb227c7a0.JPG

[WG]
WG Staff
4,595 posts
4,410 battles

Commanders, just to be sure, I would like to remind, that:

Round 2 Schedule

Starts: Thursday 19th November 17:30 CET (UTC+1)

Ends: Tuesday 24th November 06:30 CET (UTC+1)

• Angry 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,756 posts
4,031 battles

Hi,

In order to fix an issue when either a screenshot from the past battle or black screen appeared before showing the battle results, the public test will undergo maintenance during 1 hour on Friday 20th November at 09h00 UTC.

Thanks for your understanding,

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles

I haven't update my PT client a few updates and now I have to download ''only'' 24 GB of data.

Considering I downloaded only 10% in last over 60 minutes times this will be a long night...

What weegee should focus is to optimize their game client and game itself, and not put some mediocre events instead...

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles

After 10 hours of downloading of last 3 updates I can only say how thankful I am for this optimized wg client.

The fact that weegee ignores my feedback was totaly expected :cap_like:

I must say that wargaming game center is THE worst game client I have ever seen.

[BOBS2]
Players
40 posts
4,258 battles

1. First time opening 0.9.11.0 and the Dockyard popup text is in Russian:

image.png.110ebfd3d16cf5b2e97389e51b17544a.png

2. The overlay in the Dockyard intro is too small by a single pixel width and height, leaving a bright line on right and bottom edges (Screenshot at 13_40_06 and 5x zoom) 
1440p full screen, graphics quality = very high

3. In the Armory, Credits are not being shown (this was before and after picking up 50,000 Credits from the Free Reward bundle) only an animated busy circle.
They are being shown in the main Port screen (615 064 756).
image.png.676a9b6ff2a76dab5846748fcbd3efcc.png

image.png

World of Warships 21_11_2020 13_40_06.png

[BOBS2]
Players
40 posts
4,258 battles

This trivial UI feature has been around for a while, but the end of match Combat Mission roll-over reports don't quite fill the progress bar. Even when 100% there's a small gap at the end, so it looks incomplete.
 image.png.c83653f17e75e266ff47f7ed174a8b34.png

[KDMA]
Players
15 posts

Port of Kure
Graphic realization of excellence.
Beautiful winter surroundings.
I found a kind of "game of contrasts" interesting:
The festive and Christmas atmosphere with fireworks,illuminated naval paths and glittering trees with the work of the shipyard cranes in the background and the warship on duty in the foreground.
Very good, great job, I loved it.

New Campaigns
I liked in general both Strasbourg and Santa campaings, same for the winter camos on ships.
Good work.

Best regards, Fafnir

• Cool 1

[CRO4T]
Players
2 posts
2,770 battles

I enjoyed the new campaigns, but I did have issues entering battles saying the server was overloaded and multiple times I'm only fighting one player in random or ranked battles even though it showed at least 6 or more players in queue.  The Dockyard mission was enjoyable as well, the new port was definitely fits the holiday season so very nice job on that.

Krudog

WG Staff
1,537 posts
854 battles
On 11/23/2020 at 6:57 PM, F4fnir said:

Port of Kure
Graphic realization of excellence.
Beautiful winter surroundings.
I found a kind of "game of contrasts" interesting:
The festive and Christmas atmosphere with fireworks,illuminated naval paths and glittering trees with the work of the shipyard cranes in the background and the warship on duty in the foreground.
Very good, great job, I loved it.

New Campaigns
I liked in general both Strasbourg and Santa campaings, same for the winter camos on ships.
Good work.

Best regards, Fafnir

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Captain. For me, the Kure Port maybe is too industrial, but it is nice to read different interpretations. 😊

Stay safe! 

• Cool 1

[REKT]
Beta Tester
447 posts
9,823 battles

Can't login to the PTR since day before yesterday. It says my version is not up to date but "Can't connect to the update server". What'd be wrong (definitely not my internet connection)

I uninstalled PTR but when I try to install it again the message just the same:

Capture.JPG

[-DTB-]
Players
10 posts
3,783 battles

PT server is not available since 25th Nov. First it said that my version is different from the server version, then after some uodates were installed it says it cannot connect.

[-WHO-]
Players
1 post
On 11/27/2020 at 5:36 PM, Vana_Kurat said:

PT server is not available since 25th Nov. First it said that my version is different from the server version, then after some uodates were installed it says it cannot connect.

I have had the same issues since the 21st. Get the same screen all the time. 

image.png

WG Staff
1,537 posts
854 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 1:58 PM, Seepheerd said:

Can't login to the PTR since day before yesterday. It says my version is not up to date but "Can't connect to the update server". What'd be wrong (definitely not my internet connection)

I uninstalled PTR but when I try to install it again the message just the same:

Capture.JPG

Hi Captain, 

The Public Test of the Updates 0.9.11 and 0.9.12 closed on Tuesday 24. Probably the PT server was already closed when you tried to access it 😊.

Schermata 2020-11-30 alle 13.27.10.png

On 11/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, The_Last_Envoy said:

I have had the same issues since the 21st. Get the same screen all the time. 

image.png

Hi Captain, 

Your problem instead could have been due to some connection problems or some issues related to the firewall/antivirus. Try also to contact our Customer Support, if you will have some problems again in the future.

[BZH22]
Players
4 posts
2,742 battles

I thinks there is a problem on PT instructions page. "Check my rewards","Leave a feedback" buttons. I cant login from that page, cannot leave a feedback.I dont know if my browser is crashing or something else. It is loggin in from wargaming/wows main page, it okey there. So, i wanna check my PT participation rewards. But i just cant.

Also this. Tier V Texas situation on campaings. I guess, Campaings wont be easy that much on live server. You need to notice us to rent this ship from steam for completing these campaings.

[BZH22]
Players
4 posts
2,742 battles
5 hours ago, Klopirat said:

that's not needed any longer, rewards are credited automatically now

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-0911-rewards/

and the feedback button is only a link to this subforum

its not logging in or if its loggin in, it says ''404-page not found''. i think i get nothing for participation to PT :D You are right about link. the problem is not about link. the problem is ''log in''. Thanks for the help :)

WG Staff
1,537 posts
854 battles
5 hours ago, oscarkilo11 said:

its not logging in or if its loggin in, it says ''404-page not found''. i think i get nothing for participation to PT :D You are right about link. the problem is not about link. the problem is ''log in''. Thanks for the help :)

Hi Captain, 

I think you are referring to a browser issue, but just to be sure: If you meant the login to the Public Test Server right now it is not possible because the PT is closed. If everything will go according to the plans, another session of Public Test should be available soon. 

[BZH22]
Players
4 posts
2,742 battles
4 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

I think you are referring to a browser issue, but just to be sure: If you meant the login to the Public Test Server right now it is not possible because the PT is closed. If everything will go according to the plans, another session of Public Test should be available soon.

Hello Mr. Manager,

I didnt mean to log in to PT server, the game. İ was saying its recent public test instructions page in website. From that page ''check my rewards'' and ''leave feedback'' bottons. i cant log in to my account thru these buttons. i checked it with other browser its still the same. it says invalid password and email, but its not. I guess you are not paying attention what i was saying, because i pointed it really clear.  I am telling about These buttons or links , i cant log in via these.so i cant leave feedback(if this is not a feedback) and i cant check my rewards either (if i have some). Thanks for time and attention. I'm gonna stay tuned,for sure.

Ekran görüntüsü 2020-12-09 162451.png

Ekran görüntüsü 2020-12-09 162525.png

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,595 posts
5 minutes ago, oscarkilo11 said:

i cant check my rewards either (if i have some).

You don't need to, rewards are credited now automatically a few days after an update went live. Even if the page worked for you, there would be nothing to claim/check

of course this doesn't solve your login problem, but at least you won't lose rewards :Smile_honoring:

[BZH22]
Players
4 posts
2,742 battles
8 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

You don't need to, rewards are credited now automatically a few days after an update went live. Even if the page worked for you, there would be nothing to claim/check

of course this doesn't solve your login problem, but at least you won't lose rewards :Smile_honoring:

Thanks Mr. Admiral. This is a clear ''roger''. 

İ just wanted to check it, saw there is a problem. I am not a really experienced on this but ''log in'' problem is happening since second round is started. And these auto-like, copy+paste messages from ''player support'' is not helping anything. That was what i've meant really.

Thank you and have a nice day :)

Salute :) 

Players
1 post
2,630 battles

Well, the event stinks because it's nothing like the good prizes you can potentially gain in World of Tanks, and even with the nicer looking graphics in the WoW game there is NO desire to play this game on a regular basis to achieve really anything at all it seems. You make it EXTREMELY hard to gain coal to exchange for unique ships in the store, and I mean it's like trying to climb Mount Everest many times over which makes it EXTREMELY taxing to actually gain a decent level X ship or near that. So, it's far simpler and more straight forward to gain a level 10 Tank in WoT, and that deters players like myself to even bother with this game on a regular basis because why should I when you give ZERO incentive in payouts of EXTREMELY tiny amounts of freakin' coal and steel....!

So, the payouts need to be seriously revamped for BIGGER and easier payouts of coal and especially in steel too if you want to retain players on a regular basis.

Also, what's the heck with only paying out Flags in the freakin' Calendar - only flags?????

Not a happy WoW player at all...!

• Cool 1