Ev1n

Your Questions to Developers

748 posts in this topic

Murmanks: 50% win, 4% draw, 46% defeat, avg shell damage 22 600, avg torp damage 2911

Omaha: 50.8% win, 4.2% draw, 45% defeat, avg shell damage 25 900, avg torp damage 2721

That's the OBT statistic they are using to balance the ships. As you wee it's perfectly fine.

it will stay there and you can convert it to free exp if you won't. There are no more wipes planed.

Where did you get these OBT stats? I'm very curious to see more of them.

How's the Furutaka's stats btw?!!

Where did you get these OBT stats? I'm very curious to see more of them.

How's the Furutaka's stats btw?!!

They share such things only on random occasions. That was of a claim that Murmansk is so much better and P2w in their tournament (as it's allowed).

Furutaka "is not a bad ship, just different". There are players who made it work very good, but the majority failed so they will "do something".

They share such things only on random occasions. That was of a claim that Murmansk is so much better and P2w in their tournament (as it's allowed).

Furutaka "is not a bad ship, just different". There are players who made it work very good, but the majority failed so they will "do something".

I realize that, I can get nice games too (when I don't die horribly but I blame myself there) but it seems not many enjoy it. Thing is, WG balance by average stats, so depending on how much those are it can give us an idea of the magnitude of the buff (or change) Furutaka might get.

Sometimes I go the RU forum and google translate some of devs posts. They actually are quite active there and they give some really interesting info about the game and development (when I can get it, google translation is bad) This makes me really annoyed that we English speakers can get any of that info. 

I realize that, I can get nice games too (when I don't die horribly but I blame myself there) but it seems not many enjoy it. Thing is, WG balance by average stats, so depending on how much those are it can give us an idea of the magnitude of the buff (or change) Furutaka might get.

Sometimes I go the RU forum and google translate some of devs posts. They actually are quite active there and they give some really interesting info about the game and development (when I can get it, google translation is bad) This makes me really annoyed that we English speakers can get any of that info. 

The avarage are bad, most of the players fail to make it work so they will look into it.

It's the same in WoT - only russians keep Q&A and that's 1 dev doing pretty much only that. When they collect the E3 and Gamescom questions they send them there and get answers back, so it can't be done on a daily basis.

Can the battleships please get a method of communicating their intentions to nearby vessel?
Like a radial menu where you can pick a message (altering my course to port, altering to starboard, engines are running astern), maybe even combined with a fog horn (automated, 1 blast, 2 blasts, 3 blasts)?
For the sake of those spammers just make available for BBs (the other classes can manoeuvre like go karts so there is no need for that on them), make it "hearable" for 1km and make the signalling ship "spottable like when its shooting", plus a Cooldown of at least 15 seconds (where it should be possible to sound going to port + engines running astern in a sequence)

I had so many near misses, collisions and other stuff because i didnt know what my friendly BB was planning and with rudder times of above 20seconds from hard over to hard over you really need to plan ahead, especially in these narrow waterways thats not always possible.

also please please give DDs a signal  like "Attention, watch my torpedoes in the water", im tired of getting nuked because i didnt look behind. Give that one a freaking long cooldown too please (related to reload time e.g).

Any of this possible?

question: will it be possible for ships not to "apear by magic" on you screen when they are detected, but instead fade for like a sec or two, like emerging from the fog? And this option could be disabled for low end comps of course.

It will add more "feeling" to the game.

Hello Captains, :hiding:

First of all, let me apologize for not replying to this topic since April. There's been so much work and so many changes happening rapidly, with CBT, now OBT and even some internal staff changes at WG EU. We're also working on moving to a different Q&A process, since this one long topic doesn't really work for our multi-lingual European audience anymore. However, I will endeavor to clear up the backlog of questions, after which this topic will be closed for a short period.

Here goes:

Will be the sound/audio system changed in order to make it more mod-friendly for the community? Because right now we cannot do anything about it without the .XMA profiles (Samples with the Triggers, Events, Ecc...) and commercial license for Wwise.

Eventually we'll look at catering our audio environment to modders. However, at the moment we're still tweaking it on the technical side, so we want to focus on that.

Hi,

first of all excellent game loving it.

1. Will torpedoes only explode on a head on contact or are they always going to go off even though they run parallel and scrape your sides(Historically they had a certain angle before they go off)

2. Will there be company battles like in WOT where 7 players can team up to play?

3. Will be able to have new clans in WoWS or will they be linked to WoT & WoW (some of my clan are not keen on warships and some of us prefer warships to the tanks)

4. Are the maps going to be bigger at the higer tiers because they are cramped (IMO) for the big guys at the moment?

5. Will there be a chance to personalize your ships with paint jobs, names etc?

Sorry if these are repeats just wondered and keep up the good work. :great:

1. Whether we'll introduce torpedo ricochet? Probably not, or at least not in the near future - it would nerf torpedoes too much.

2. There will be team/clan/large division battles, but the team size is not yet set in stone.

3. We're currently planning not to unify clans with WoT and WoWP. However, that might still change before clans arrive in the game.

4. At the moment we're not planning to make maps any bigger. It would increase battle duration and other potentially unwanted factors.

5. Yes, though I can't vouch for names.

IRL, the Katori was armed with a double barreled 127mm AA gun and torpedo tubes and carried a seaplane (just like the Erie). Do you plan to introduce those modifications and replace the Katori by another ship? For example, the Hashidate class gunboat could be a good tier I, because it is relatively similar to the Erie class gunboat, but hasn't a seaplane.

Hashidate? Well... that happened. Kudos to you for calling it. :medal:

But what about Pr7U with Pr30 bow? Premium idea?

Where is Cleveland going to be moved to?

What will replace her in the tier 6 slot?

What if I told you some people were already looking into it?

Can you tell us about the position of the Asashio and Yuugumo class destroyers? If they are currently planned, that is.

Is BC Kongo still planned for tier 5, with BB Kongo at tier 6?

Now the Agano class aren't planned to finish off a DD line, where are they planned to go?

If BB Lyon is tier 7, would BB Normandie be tier 6? If not, where would it be?

Would Bretagne be tier 5, and Courbet tier 4? If not, where would they be?

Premium idea.

Cleveland is currently not going anywhere. Likely not before there is another cruiser line.

Can't tell you anything about them.

Nowhere.

We don't know yet - France is still far away.

I think I should have been more precise with my question.

What Japanese destroyers are corrently most likely to be premium?

Tachibana

howfar are theywiththeU.S.A.battleships because i want themto try it out

i like it :B

Sorry I'm late, but there you go.

Already answered by Ev1n, but we're looking for something like this, right?  :D

And I did have a question as well, I'd like to have the player rosters in battle in same order as in WoT, highest tiers on top, and the colors of ship classes much clearer, now it's really hard to see the class from the colors. Also, would like to see the same kind of data as in WoT, when you mouseover (Holding Ctrl) your ammunition and consumables, to see your Torpedo Range, maybe shell damages etc. Could you have a look at these at some point? I know it's minor things but the game is already pretty nice :)

Also, asked earlier to "4. move map coordinates left and up, above the map"
This is how we're used to in WoT and many will join from the tank game, so it would feel very comfortable and logical take have it look similar.

Partly done (ALT toggle) and part will be done when we revamp the whole UI in the future. Right now it's not where we want it to be, but good enough to let you play with it in reasonable comfort.

Is there anything planned for a new UI? In a few patches I mean.

I miss the F3, F4, F5, etc. phrases.

As above. We're going to look at revamping the UI in the future, along with quick battle messages.

Why is the U.S.S. Iowa slower than her real life specifications show?

The specifications show she has a top speed of 33 Knots

Her maximum speed in game EVEN WITH the engine upgrade is only 30.8 Knots

Data here http://www.ussiowa.org/general/html/specifications.htm

Also, are there other ships that do not meet their real life specifications and if so which ones are they?

Where to report bad behaviours in game chat?

Like this

shot-15.04.23_10.03.10-0399.jpg

Right-click on names in the battle interface to report users.

Hello, 

1. Will there be more Pre-Order ships 
2. Will Bismarck Warspite be in the package 
3. Will we get Tier 8 premium DDs during beta 
4. Will we get Tier 8 premium CAs during the beta 
5. When can we expect the next premium ship?

1. No.

2. No/

3. Hmm... Not as far as I remember.

4. Atago. 

5. Within 1-2 months.

Will there be a API for WoWS?

When are you going to release(open to public) it? I mean we can see it in action on our profile pages.

Do you need alpha/beta testers for the API?

Eventually we'll release a public API for WoWS. If and when testers are required we'll let you know.

question about auto-pilot waypoint system

isn't it better to use a B-spline curve instead of maneuvering the ship when it reaches the waypoint on it's way to the next? I find the B-spline curve to be a hell lot more fluent in movement:

B-spline curve

The current system in clearer in terms of cause-effect, even though I agree that your proposal makes for prettier curves. ;)

If I use LMB to hold the aim of my guns while zooming out & look around, when I release LMB the view jumps to where the guns are aimed. Is this intentional as I would find it better if the view stayed as is and the guns moved round to the new aim point.

This is intended.

Begging for Candy now (eye candy anyway)....any chance we can have 2 additional ensigns flying?....in the RN at least they used to hoist a  couple of battle ensigns in case one got shot away so the enemy would not think they were surrendering.:)

More flags? The will be more flags.

anytime if the fonts on the clock is changed from black to like grey or white? as i got lots of draws because the clock is "hidden in open view" per now.

also other fonts could mabye get changed from black to white or something like white with black border, its hard for people to see text per now.

More contrast for battle UI? We're working on it.

I've just bought the premium HMS Warspite.  Imagine my horror when the avatar of the Captain, Claude Harper, has a moustache.  Moustaches are banned in the Royal Navy and have been for over 150years. While we are on the subject...what sort of English name is Claude !  Please Wargaming fix this asap, I appreciate that it seems a minor thing but the RN has always allowed full beards or nothing.

Also Warspite would not have a ensign on the quarterdeck at sea, she would be flying her battle ensign from the main mast.

From Wikipedia

The Royal Navy has always allowed beards, but never moustaches alone, and since at least the early 20th century has permitted its members to wear only a "full set" (i.e. a full beard and moustache). A beard or moustache may not be worn without the other and the beard must be full (i.e. cover the whole jawline) and joined to the moustache. If, after a period without shaving, it becomes clear that the individual cannot grow a proper full set, his commanding officer may order him to shave it off.

Yes, I've heard of this issue. We'll fix that before the first British branch is introduced. :)

I have question regarding AA functionality of main turrets on Fubuki.

If I upgrade the main turrets it also add these to AA pool (I can see them in AA list) but if I upgrade to latest hull then the main turrets are removed from the list of AA armament.

Is it bug?

I think this has been fixed since.

If you receive good feedback(statistics) from the Warspite, Will you consider introducing a "stealthy", short ranged, "brawler" kind of battleship line?

You mean like the US BBs? Sure, though I can't vouch for their stealthiness.

Will it be a Greek Tree or even some Greek ships as premium and if yes when will it be on the game??

A Greek tree is not planned. A Greek premium could be possible. In theory.

Question 1. How long til next patch?

Question 2. Will we get better MM soon,,, somewhat tired of 4v4's or 12v8 matches with realy bad balance between ships when there are 50+ players in que in +/- 2 tiers

Question 3. Will we get more detailed after report soon? as in to see how much damage you did to certain ships, and what criticals?

1. Not long.

2. Should be better than that now. In any case, we're going to keep on tweaking it.

3. Not for the time being - we think the current report is pretty ok for now.

By the time someone answers this question, the game might as well be in open beta (if not release!) :)

:hiding:

Some of us have noticed that the game looks absolutely amazing from the airplane camera, see .gif

Would it be possible to replace the death cam with an optional airplane cam from which to watch the game til the end ?

HyazEfA.gif

Possible, yes. Priority, no.

1. When are the accounts of World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warships are going to be unified? And When are we going to be able to use our free exp from world of tanks in World of warships?

2. Any ETA on when do the US battleships coming out? 

3. Also when are we going to see Austria-Hungarian naval vessels, or is it going to be in a "minor" naval vessel faction?

4. When are we going to be able to keep our progress? 

1. We've introduced the first part already in the form of unified premium account time. 

3. Well it's not going to be a major nation tree. 

4. You can keep your progress now. We don't want it.

Is there any specific reason for why the 120 mm DP gun on the Yubari only have 2 km range when the same gun in (what seems to be) the same mount on the Aoba gets 4.5 km range when firing at surface targets? I know the short answer would be "balance", but in it's current state it doesn't actually contribute to anything.

The range is now 5km.

When it comes to Carriers, will there be some planes which are available in one line that isn't in another and vise versa, or will all carriers share the same aircraft regardless of line if they are of the same nation?

In the future, when we have a bigger variety of carriers in the game, there might be unique plane load-outs for some of them.

Do you plan to introduce a secondary arms control system and anti-aircraft much like that of Battlestations? (secondary guns fire only when the viewfinder is in their range, and there is a button to switch to AA guns).
Are you planning control priorities for the multi-purpose guns, where you can choose whether the guns are aimed primarily ships or aircraft?

We're not currently planning that.

We think control priorities are not necessary in the current control scheme. Develop higher APM. :)

1 person likes this

will the HMS Hood have her submerged bow torpedo tubes?

(I know it is early to ask this but I have a strong connection to this ship as my grand-uncle was killed on her when she went down)

torpedo data: http://www.hmshood.com/ship/torpedo.htm

Edited by wizzzaap

Thanks, I didn't know for ctrl+lmb.

Another question to the devs: do you plan to make secondary armament and AA more visually realistic? (for example, we see no elevation / depression of the secondary or AA guns when firing at more or less distant targets).

It's not a priority at the moment, but we'll get there one day.

When will the USN destroyer get either a buff to their concealment or to the torpedo range

When stats indicate that there is something wrong with their performance.

I got a q for the devs;

Can you give us any information on possible timescales for an RN tree or non-premium RN ships making it in to WoWS.

Late next year, if we're lucky.

1.Why some ship and we know that they had a AA guns emplacements on top of some turrets they dont have in the game now?

2.Why USS New York dot have catapult on middle turrent when she had?

UssNYwarA35.jpg

Starboard and overhead line drawing of the New York (BB-34) in 1942.

UssNYwarA13.jpg

Three Kingfishers aboard New York (BB-34) while anchored ar Casco Bay, Maine on 16 June 1943.

3.What are your plans for USS Arizona BB-39?

1&2. Because we didn't add them yet.

3. Maybe premium of some sort.

Will the first premium CV be released during or after CBT?

Nope. :hiding:

When can we expect to have inverted mouse controls avaliable in the game? 

Most likely when we redo the settings UI in a few patches.

Dear Developers,

​When we will have a Chance to test amaizing ORP Blyskawica?

Best Regards

Macneo1939

Why should you get a chance to test that? :)

Will you ever fix micro lags ? (ship is jumping not  moving along smoothly )Horrible to  even watch ,its not my connection.!!!!:izmena:

Well, it's not our connection either! :ohmy:

1 person likes this

Aiming expert skill:

Currently at 2.5 deg/sec for guns up to 155mm and 0.7 deg/sec for all else.

Would it be possible to have a three tiered scale say 1.3 deg/sec for guns between 156mm and 279mm?

Dear devs,

Can you stop the propeller from rotating while the ship is in the port? It looks completely ridiculous. :))

We could, but we don't want to break the game. :P

1.Why Japanese CV have more squadrons from the US?

2. Are you planning Cruseirs and destroyers main gun in AA mod? For example Atlanta could use main gun to shot down the airplanes.

3 Will it be possible to manually control the AA?

1. To make their gameplay slightly different.

2. DP guns add to AA aura in the current mechanics.

3. Nope.

Will HMS Canada (1913) be in World of Warships, and if so will she be a premium and at what tier?

HMS_Canada_IWM_SP_1938.jpg

Interesting premium idea, but not anytime soon. Our production queue is already full of ships.

Microsoft have just announce Windows 10.

When could we know if WoW is compatible with Windows 10?

WoWS will be compatible with W10 at release. 

Why aren't we allowed to aim each one of our turrets at a different target? Would be nice to be able to fight someone in the front of your ship while you are being chased.

Because the UI for that would be too confusing in our opinion.

Dear Developers:)

It is possible to show flooding by the angle of the ship to one side? This will be interesting because you will be not able to fire the guns.

And will make game more realistic.

Best Regards

macneo1939

Technically not possible at this time. We'll see if we can make it work in the future.

Are there any plans to make the tier 5 commander skill "fire prevention" actually useful?

Should be useful now.

There was only 1 not even completed CV in the german Kriegsmarine. Will the german tech tree get the "pocket battleships" as an alternative? Because there are some nice ships in that line with unusual armament combinatios e.g. 11" guns and torps. :great:

The German nation will see both carriers and pocket Battleships.

just something that is bugging me regarding torpedoes.

what type of torpedoes are in the game impact trigered/magnetic/timed. im assuming timed is one due to manually placing the cone for the planes too early fail to detonate

i ask because why dont the torpedoes ricochet at a certain digree angle? many a time i've thought irl that would've bounced off.

maybe some WW1/2 buff can say if torp ricochet was a thing then?

My Curiosity TBH

thx Loving this game xx <3 xooxoxoxoxo!

We don't really want torpedo ricochets, because that would nerf them too much (and differently against different classes, making them harder to balance).

1 person likes this

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1 - Is 0.4.0 going to be released soon into the current CBT? 

2 - Can we expect Japanese, British and Russian voices etc soon on our ships? Kinda an immersion killer to hear an American voice when sailing a Japanese ship.

2. Maybe in the future, when everyone actually knows by heart all the voice messages, so they understand what's going on even though they don't understand Japanese.

Any chance the US Alaska Class battlecruiser / Cruiser might make an appearance in a different ship branch or as premium?

The Design B-65 Cruiser for the IJN (mini Yamato look-a-like cruiser) is out of the question as a regular ship / premium?

Also, any chance the "harbour" area will be remade into a "drydock" as a premium / non-premium dock?

All of these are possible in the future.

Back in April you said that you were evaluation Elite ships. This was in response to the question about directing XP earned in battle to crew training instead of simply going to waste. This concept works well in WoT and is one of the reasons for purchasing Premium vehicles. I think you should introduce this, sooner than later, as players will expect this as one of the aspects of Premium ships.

BOX

We're looking at this, but other features have priority.

Any chance to get a litle bit down the upgrade prices of the ships? Dear devs the costs are crazy! 

We'll be looking at the costs and the speed of player progression during the course of OBT.

Another question. Would you implement in the sound effects wishtling ammos? I mean incomming ammos. 

Then in some battles you would hear nothing else and after a week of play you would have PTSD. :ohmy:

Dear Developers...

I strongly believe you need to rethink the Carrier implementation in the game.

A team with 2 CVs can not loose if they play right.

Combine the torpedo planes of 2 carriers and pick ships one by one with 6 squadron salvos that can kill with one pass even a Yamato.

And like SHnyFan said in a comment...

"Like, let's be honest. If you can create map that forbid players to enter with CVs, I suspect  that will be the only thing you will see around. I can't see any reasons for any non-CV players to rejoice at playing along side, and more so against an opponent CV. 

Because you don't/ can't actually compete with the CV for kill ratio if they are on your side (they will just reduce the amount of target you can play against), and it's unlikely for you to able to do anything to them if they are on the opponent side. "

This has been happening a lot lately, especially since last update.

And I really wonder why early dreadnought battleships with no AA come against high tier carriers????

However balance is in huge favor of planes this moment and I wonder if this is World of Warships or World of Airplanes...

We'll be tweaking carrier matchmaking in the upcoming patches, as well as nerfing some aspects of their gamplay.

Good day, when u going to add option to INVERT mouse ? Its going update after update and still many players cant play coz of this... so please hurry up.... or is that too difficult ?

Most likely when we redo the settings UI. It's not difficult, just a lot of work that needs to be done at a time when we're not working on other big features.

Dear Developers,

It is common when people are steering ships to focus on a certain area either in search of enemy ships or in snipping. This is the reason for most collisions between friendly ships in game.

I was wondering if a simple and fun solution could solve this issue...

How about adding realistic air-horns to the ships? It would surely be fun, simple and would give a feel of authenticity to the gameplay!

We had that in early alpha. It's never coming back. :hiding:

would it be possible to have more cruisers without torps  for usa and japan even low level premium ships really good time to have low level premium ships  sooner rather than later

Sure. In time we'll have more cruisers and some of those will not have torpedoes.

1 person likes this

are there plans to finally add weather system to battles (heavy rain, big waves, fog)?

can you add a function to command your scout planes to patrol a certain area?

can you add an option to have your fighters and bombers repair/refuel/land after your death on another friendly CV (or just limit them to a platoon mate CV), with limitations of course (like a langley physically not being able to receive too high tier planes, because her decks, elevators and amenities simply not big or strong enough, but a higher tier CV being able to take langley's)?

can you add an option to have your planes auto attack ships or planes if you're sunk (so there will not be a situation when your fully loaded squadrons are flying over your sunken CV and a CA comes point blank to shoot them down for some credits)?

again, the question of multitargeting your guns (perhaps limit this ability to BBs only)-have the front turrets trained on one target and rear on another (with switching between them by pressing C), just have them lead the general silhouette of the enemy.

will the option to chat silence only certain players be implemented (like in wot)?

can you please add more functionality and options into minimap clicking and general requests (like you click on a map with RIGHT click and it pings the map and writes above it your nickname with words "attack here", but when you LEFT click the square it writes things like "defend here"). sometimes in the heat of battle you do not have the time to type something in chat and people don't understand what you want from them or even who calls for attention (a bad player that mentions how much he loves our mothers right off the start of the match, or a skilled player that has valuable tactical advice).

when will class specific xp and credits bonuses be added (if ever), like DD killing CV, CAs shooting down planes (and even bigger bonus if they shoot them down in a certain distance form a BB) and capturing/defending points, BBs doing damage as well as receiving/tanking it (like, say if i receive damage and have other friendly non BB ships nearby, the system will calculate like i "took one for the team")?

Finally adding weather is a huge load of work for us and for everyone's GPU. We want to do it, but for now we're leaving that for the future and focusing on gameplay.

We can, but we won't for now. We had that in alpha.

No, because that would mean a carrier's death is meaningless for the outcome of a battle in certain cases.

We could, but then again you could just train to have better APM.

See above for independently targeting MCA.

The chat-mute option will come in time.

We could and we will.

Classes already have their own economy balance and we're currently not planning any bonuses.

Were you ever afraid that World of Warships could have suffered the same fate as World of Warplanes?

Were you ever afraid that something bad might happen to you? :ohmy:

Also would be nice to have real wave effects on ship stern areas reacting to propeller movement...

From full ahead to full astern and vice versa, it would be nice to see heavy sea splashing to indicate the ship strugling to respond.

Also from full left to full right rudder (and the other way around) if you keep pressing the opposide side buton, to haste rudder turning (like an emergency action).

Pressing a button longer wont make your rudder turn faster than it can physically turn.

As for the effects - of course we'd love to do them, but they're not a priority.

So there are currently a Bunch of Topics about Carrier and Folks who have Problems with them (Mainly Avoiding TB´s)
Its mostly a Problem at lower Tiers (3-5) because at Tier 6 (even some on Tier 5) Ships STart to have a fair Amount of AA Guns on theyr Side.

from the CAT i already got the Knowledge

Cruiser AA Ability make the Incoming Aircrafts go Panic and they have a Huge spread even when on manual Torping.. most CV´s Players than either go for another Target or Wait for the Ability to go into Cooldown.
Since CBT and now OBT i also recogniced if a Ship has a Scout in the Area or the Fighter Scout, and he is Next to the Air Units.. they also get into Panic Mode and the Spread is Huge (made some Tests with a Langley by myself.. man i just plain suck as a CV Player..)

But whats new to me is this:

In the Linked thread Ectar sayed:

So, if i really understand this well, you just have to Concentrate your AA on a incomming Airunit and that one goes panic and spread theyr attack?
So.. basicly its a tuned down Version of the Cruiser Ablity who works on "all" airunits.. and this one just on the selected one? Since you only can select 1 Air Unit at a time.. this works "mostly" for one incoming and not for 2-3 TB´s

Correct or not because everybody say.. no.?

so.. should it.. or not?

Hmm, if I understand the example correctly. No, just manually tagging an enemy squadron for your AA guns won't increase their attack spread (decrease accuracy).

I have the impresion that with Patch 0.4 we got a totally different game as 0.3. I was always thought that CBT was to tweak the game, and only litle difference would come. I liked the CBT very much (OBT I like a lot less). A lot of Alpha's and Beta's invested a lot of time to give the devellopers a lot of info and give the developpers the oppertunity to improve the game. 

Can you please tell me what the developpers dit with the information from CBT and how this influenced the current game.

Can you please reveal more of the future plans for WoWs, and what changes are comming ? (The answer is important for me, to decide if I will invest time in certain class of ships).

These questions are unrealistic. To answer them I'd basically have to give you access to my corporate mailbox history for the past year. Reading all those conversations, feedbacks and evaluations would take you a few months.

We used the feedback we got as best as we could and we're still doing that. The supertest sessions held regularly are the best example of that. 

As for the future plans, I can't reveal everything and even if I wanted to, some things just depend on curcumstance. What I can say is that we're working on adding new nations, clans and clan gameplay components, more customization features, some tech stuff like bringing back trees on the maps (nice trees that won't crash your PC when you try to render all of them), revamping the UI and lots more.

I heard some rumors about that the next nation will be Germany and not the Russians. It is true?

We're working on both these trees simultaneously. Which will be ready first remains to be seen.

Is bad weather coming at any point? It would be really fun to have to try and make do in low visibility, stormy conditions. Ships would have to remain much closer to each other and try to sail in formation. Is it being considered?

Good weather is already there and we want to have bad weather at some point as well. :honoring:

Will seaplane tenders be added to the game?

We had seaplane tenders in alpha. They didn't balance very well at low tiers (were horribly underpowered), but maybe you'll see some as low-tier premiums for those of you who enjoy pain. :trollface:

Will you add any coastal defence ships to the game?

Maybe at some point there will be some instances where one makes it into the game, but if they do they are likely to be premium.

Is this thread even working anymore you you just don't care anymore? It's about time we get answers to our 3 months old questions!

:hiding: Sorry/

2 people like this

And unlike Gru he can't keep an Army of Minions.

Some say he's trying to kill Gru to get the Minions, who knows if he'll accomplish the mission :hiding:

No. Minions choose their own master and I didn't have enough bananas. :P

How do we play against the newly added testing ships so Mikasa, Diana, Pallada and them?

Play against? You have to wait until someone actually gets them somehow and then you can meet them in battle.

can you play the game with widows 8.1 or windows 10

Yes, you can play on Win 8.1. Win 10 will be supported with release, but there is a good chance you won't have any issues with it even now.

As in WOT, will we see, for example, battle damaged ships in dry dock before repairs take place? 

Will aircraft get XP for spotting?

There has been suggestions of having a "Ships horn", as a warning for ship collisions, maybe this could work the same as

torpedo or land mass "proximity alerts"?

Are there any plans for shore targets?

Eventually we might enable that, but its not a priority.

Allied ships included in the collision warning is something we want to do in the future.

We're actually working on shore targets right now, but in our initial tests they are proving to be plain boring. We're now thinking on how to make them work within a battle mode.

Will we get a platoon chat (like in WoT, 2x tab) soon™?? 

Yep. Soon™.

Devs since OBT game is crap... I've had enough

BBs have become useless... and I am talking tier 6 and up

HE does almost no damage to DDs and cruisers whatsoever and AP on BBs is useless unless you hit a citadel (avg AP damage to other BBs from above is 1000 or less)

also the spread on firing main guns is ridiculous... 4 Km full broadside to an Atlanta, dead center landing of all shells and NO hits... I doubt I could even hit an Amagi like this...

And you call this REALISM???

I gave you so far, a lot lot lot of my money... unless you fix the came odds, shell damage and firing spread and reduce GOD mode of carriers, you will NOT GET ANOTHER SINGLE CENT FROM ME.

Very very sad...

There is no answer I can give to this sort of post. I mostly play BBs on my own test accounts and have no problems in getting good matches in them.

Here's a game I had today with what some call one of the worst BBs ever:

11755659_10207111616018307_6051274597017

11218614_10207111616098309_6271198942188

11745776_10207111616138310_8011964196514

Sometimes you get RNG in the face, but in general BBs are acceptable in terms of balance. Doesn't mean we won't tweak some of them.

is there a date for the availability of team games and clan functionalities ? ( not platoons games :) )

There is no date yet. There is a rough time frame, but we're still working on some details and those might modify the deployment of those features.

3 Players in one Division is not enough. I hope it is possible in final Game to play with 4 or 5 players in one Division together. Teamplay will become better with 4 or 5 players in one Team.

No, 3 players is enough. You'll be able to play with bigger predefined teams in other game modes.

well he has some fair questions / statements that are actually true, but since this thread due to work overload / other reasons isn't being used as such while it seems that the RU devs like Sub_Octavian still are actively answering peoples questions in their " Ask the Developer section", i wonder if the EU community gets the nerfbat again in the "dealing with the Community"  and to be honest I am quite sure that there are more devs out there that could answer a couple of these questions.

Sub_Octavian is part of the CIS community team. Not that this makes him any less valuable or is an excuse of any kind. The EU community is not getting the short straw or anything else like that. We have 7+ languages to deal with, so even if we bring in someone from the studio to answer your questions, they will only do so in English, which is not an acceptable solution in the end. As I've said already, we're working on a new process to give you faster response times.

2 people like this

In case some Devs are still reading this topic.

Question for Devs - what will happen to all that accumulated exp on elited and premium ships (I personally use them only for crew training not for free exp gaining), which we are forced to gain,  since there is no accelerate crew training option (like in WoT and WoWp) in game? Will there be exp wipe on all elited ships when game goes live ?

As was already written - it will stay and burn your eyes until a new feature comes along and you can spend it all. :honoring:

When is the Murmansk finally going to get nerfed so we stop seeing silly games where they get 8-9 kills each time without even losing a quarter of their damage? It's getting pretty silly now.

Saw a battleship full broadside and then ram one... battleship exploded whilst ramming, Murm got like 500 damage in total.

Sharana answered the same way I would have. :)

might it be an idea to let AC pick wich planes they wanna bring in for the fight like right now im on the tier V and the planes u get on the upgrades are wierd or u get 2 fighters and 1 dive bomber and losse the torpbomber u have while i find those verry usefull  or u get 2 dive 1 torp bomber then u dont have fighters .

since i always have to shoot down the bombers and use torp bombers on BS's 2 fighters 1 torp bomber would be ideal for now .

We don't want to give full freedom, because then most people would go torpedo crazy. However, we're planning to introduce changes to the fighter mechanics in the coming patch and make fighters available in all the plane loadouts.

There is no public list anywhere. I suggest you contact support and the guys there should be able to get you a list of ports.

Is this topic still active? I feel somehow not satisfied with captains abilities, is this part of the game going to be further improved? I'd like to see captains abilities more bound to the ship tipe they are commanding, if i'm on a BB i'm not interested in torps bonuses.

thanks in advance

The skill tree will be periodically expanded and reworked going forward. Maybe even dedicated class skill trees... :ohmy:

Official WG Replay function, any idea when?

Training room ability function, any idea when?

Will we see a "Rough weather" situation/scenario?

We have the ability to play in TIERS, how about playing in timelines, eg WW1 or WW2? (just an idea).

Both will come back when we're done with their UIs. In the meantime, you can use the modded replay function.

I already commented on weather above.

Idea is interesting for PvE. Maybe we'll do that in the future. :medal:

If the game was being developed by a German studio, the Russian players would be saying the same thing. Unfortunately, the devs native language is Russian so they naturally visit the RU forums and engage there. We're doing our best to keep up and keep you informed. Please bear with us. :hiding:

Can the battleships please get a method of communicating their intentions to nearby vessel?

Like a radial menu where you can pick a message (altering my course to port, altering to starboard, engines are running astern), maybe even combined with a fog horn (automated, 1 blast, 2 blasts, 3 blasts)?

For the sake of those spammers just make available for BBs (the other classes can manoeuvre like go karts so there is no need for that on them), make it "hearable" for 1km and make the signalling ship "spottable like when its shooting", plus a Cooldown of at least 15 seconds (where it should be possible to sound going to port + engines running astern in a sequence)

I had so many near misses, collisions and other stuff because i didnt know what my friendly BB was planning and with rudder times of above 20seconds from hard over to hard over you really need to plan ahead, especially in these narrow waterways thats not always possible.

also please please give DDs a signal  like "Attention, watch my torpedoes in the water", im tired of getting nuked because i didnt look behind. Give that one a freaking long cooldown too please (related to reload time e.g).

Any of this possible?

We're working on battle messages, though stuff like "I'm turning right" will probably not be included. As for the rest, collisions and torpedo-TK are mostly done by inexperienced players and sometimes simply happen due to immersion in the heat of battle. In both those cases its unlikely that someone would use a system to warn you of their intentions. We'll try to think of something else.

Hi just a simple question.....

Where did HMS Warspite and the British line go?

HMS Warspite was removed from the tech tree after its testing period. It will probably be available for purchase some time in the future.

question: will it be possible for ships not to "apear by magic" on you screen when they are detected, but instead fade for like a sec or two, like emerging from the fog? And this option could be disabled for low end comps of course.

It will add more "feeling" to the game.

We've actually been thinking the same thing. :hiding:

2 people like this

Why is the U.S.S. Iowa slower than her real life specifications show?

The specifications show she has a top speed of 33 Knots

Her maximum speed in game EVEN WITH the engine upgrade is only 30.8 Knots

Data here http://www.ussiowa.org/general/html/specifications.htm

Also, are there other ships that do not meet their real life specifications and if so which ones are they?

Welcome to the game, where sometimes we have to balance real world stats. Sometime, there are even multiple sources of real-world stats that contradict each other. :ohmy:

There are surely other ships which differ from available historical specifications. We invite you to play detective and find them yourself. :playing:

will the HMS Hood have her submerged bow torpedo tubes?

(I know it is early to ask this but I have a strong connection to this ship as my grand-uncle was killed on her when she went down)

torpedo data: http://www.hmshood.com/ship/torpedo.htm

I can't answer that at this time. If we decide that those tubes can add to the ship's gameplay without causing issues, then we might add them.

About time you slacker :)

Nice to have you back Ev1n

:hiding:

Aiming expert skill:

Currently at 2.5 deg/sec for guns up to 155mm and 0.7 deg/sec for all else.

Would it be possible to have a three tiered scale say 1.3 deg/sec for guns between 156mm and 279mm?

It's possible, but why do you want to buff high-tier cruisers?

1 person likes this

This topic has now been closed. In the nearest days we'll be working to roll out a better system for doing Q&A in our regional forums.

Please bear with us on this and feel free to ask your local language-specific community staff about it!

Action Stations!

:honoring:

4 people like this