You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
optimal_909

Fix your MM by uninstalling for a week or two

56 comments in this topic

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,960 battles

After five weeks of heavy loss streaks I started yet another, planned hiatus from WOWS, and I'm pretty sure the MM will magically heal* once I'm back, it already did two-three times in the past. I just don't get why WG is so keen on putting players through extended misery**, what is the benefit?

Yes, I will reinstall the game, but I will think twice how much money I will spend, if any at all, during the holiday season - that's when I'm usually donating money in exchange for the service with the intention of fairplay.

* The last time I've done this, I have also received a supercontainer the very day I reinstalled from a random XP container drop

** E.g. My avg WR in the past three weeks in Huanghe was 41%, my long term avg is 60%, my avg WR in the Worcester outright dropped 10%, avg damage dealt by Kansas 10k - and there are many more examples. I have WOWS Monitor installed and the odds were pretty clear from the stats in the vast majority of matches.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,612 posts
10,265 battles

Ah, the classic "When I win it is me, when i lose its the team".

Well, if it works for you... See you in two weeks.

image.thumb.png.78394741775f5fbb524aad0149d78be0.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,960 battles
16 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I am gradually losing WR, my avg in the past three weeks is 51.9% which at a large number of battles played is very-very poor to my standards. So you may pick out occasional better days I had to fight for those wins very hard*, but most of the time it was unending misery. I picked a couple of ships as example as the wins/losses became so predictable on those I'm actually trying to advance through (like getting the Worcester UU, but for winning 15 battles it seems I have to play 40 or more).

Edit: In other words, if I failed on a match, I was very-very rarely carried to victory. The very idea that I have an average on some of the ships that is close to AFK/bot players on a large number of battles is just ridiculous.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,107 posts
14,890 battles
24 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

After five weeks of heavy loss streaks I started yet another, planned hiatus from WOWS, and I'm pretty sure the MM will magically heal* once I'm back, it already did two-three times in the past. I just don't get why WG is so keen on putting players through extended misery**, what is the benefit?

Yes, I will reinstall the game, but I will think twice how much money I will spend, if any at all, during the holiday season - that's when I'm usually donating money in exchange for the service with the intention of fairplay.

• no hiatus
  • no uninstall

529243319.png

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,508 posts
8,893 battles

gbpiencq3sw51.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,960 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:
  • no hiatus
  • no uninstall

529243319.png

Good grief, I also had runs like that, even without uninstalls. In average you are 3% away from me, with a lot of low tier battles...

I guess the issue is that I was playing too many matches lately...

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,612 posts
10,265 battles
7 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

I am gradually losing WR, my avg in the past three weeks is 51.9% which at a large number of battles played is very-very poor to my standards.

I am sorry, but looking at your results you simply have some ships you arent yet proficient with. This is normal and with some help you might be able to get better results. Maybe you play them wrong, maybe you have them specced wrong and maybe you're just really unlucky. 

9 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

like getting the Worcester UU, but for winning 15 battles it seems I have to play 40 or more

Grind your wins in coop mate, its infinitely more easy that way.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,107 posts
14,890 battles
Just now, optimal_909 said:

I guess the issue is that I was playing too many matches lately...

That is more like it.

In that way, taking a break for 2-3 days helps. But not by "resetting" MM, just by calming down a bit and getting more relaxed. Your mindset plays a big role for having good games.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
242 posts
12,391 battles
3 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I am sorry, but looking at your results you simply have some ships you arent yet proficient with. This is normal and with some help you might be able to get better results. Maybe you play them wrong, maybe you have them specced wrong and maybe you're just really unlucky. 

That certain saves your WR doing directives forceable but you could all directives in Coop making it more enjoyable and you don't have to be angry against other players. It did wonders for my health!

Every ship is different and needs different captain skills AND/or player skills to keep your WR up so I agree with you on this.

• Cool 1

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,960 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

On one hand my long term average is already ruined on some of these ships like the Worcester. On the other hand my avg damage is low as I'm usually taking risks in early cap control (i.e. getting in radar coverage distance and focusing on enemy DDs) that sometimes doesn't pay off (usually with a CV around) with early low damage way back to port - but I frankly lost too many matches I fought hard, including one for example with 4 kills 150k damage too. I am usually playing to win and not farm.

I cited Huanghe exactly because I know how to play that ship, though truth to be told the 80% uptiering of T6 to T8 doesn't help.

I am never grinding in coop as it is a literally grind that is very boring, but I may have to do so otherwise I'll be out of the deadline with the Wooster.

Just now, ColonelPete said:

That is more like it.

In that way, taking a break for 2-3 days helps. But not by "resetting" MM, just by calming down a bit and getting more relaxed. Your mindset plays a big role for having good games.

The twist in the story that my other stats are as improved vs. my long term average as usual, but WR is down heavily - so it is not me having burned out. Again, I am always checking WOWS Monitor ahead of the match and in most cases I was in the worse team - and at 2% avg worse with me as best WR player it was mostly very difficult to salvage a match.

Believe me, I made two outright uninstalls already (the rest of the hiatus were simply for being AFK) and MM was not only magically fixed, but for a couple of days it was the opposite. I will report back this very thread (unless it gets locked) after I reinstall and I will confess if I was wrong.

• Boring 1

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,960 battles
10 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

Well, I’d say MM is working perfectly well with no uninstalls ever.

EF5533B3-F7E6-4CE4-B47A-99EBBA6DEC45.thumb.jpeg.06cea85a51582ef341bb775652e15194.jpeg

You are an outright better player and play a lot more with DDs and CVs (I don't play the latter) thatoften have more carry potential, and perhaps playing less over a specific time period does make a difference in the MM balans room.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,612 posts
10,265 battles
7 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

On the other hand my avg damage is low as I'm usually taking risks in early cap control (i.e. getting in radar coverage distance and focusing on enemy DDs) that sometimes doesn't pay off (usually with a CV around) with early low damage way back to port - but I frankly lost too many matches I fought hard, including one for example with 4 kills 150k damage too. I am usually playing to win and not farm.

What if i told you that staying alive and farming damage yields a better winrate than a risky playstyle to gain early radar coverage/dmg?

For example my Worcester results: I never go for early radars on caps, simply because i wont take the risk to get deleted for possible damage on a dd. 

It is more profitable to use your excellent dpm to grind ships down and use radar later in the match.

I think my solo results speak for themselves:
image.png.12b42234e4c7d3a55c94df1f1cd67551.png

I am sure you fought hard in those battles you nearly won, but how many of these battles, where you were sent back to port early, could have been victories if only you played more conservative?

Flamu's latest video is possible the best advice for you right now, since it applies to almost ALL cruisers but especially light cruisers such as worcester:

youtube video

Pro tip: When you want to perform better in a certain ship, simply message some top leaderboard players for tips and tricks. Most of them will be glad to help out.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,107 posts
14,890 battles
10 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

The twist in the story that my other stats are as improved vs. my long term average as usual, but WR is down heavily - so it is not me having burned out.

Average damage and XP increase just by advancing the Tiers, until the other Tiers you played are not statisticly relevant anymore.

And your WR increased since August. You played enough battles that WR improvements must be measured over longer time frames.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,861 posts
9,044 battles

I wonder what is more difficult:

1. Coming up with wild explanations, varying them on the fly, to blame the MM for poor performances. Key factor: Every new inside or other fact has to be ignored or to be altered so much that it fits the "MMs-fault-Explanation". or
  2. Improving ones own performance. Adapte to new situations. Accept that you cannot win every match. And also accepting that there are classes/ships that just doesn't fit ones playstyle. Key fatctor: To cope with the fact that you are resposible as well.
  • Cool 3

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,960 battles
16 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

What if i told you that staying alive and farming damage yields a better winrate than a risky playstyle to gain early radar coverage/dmg?

For example my Worcester results: I never go for early radars on caps, simply because i wont take the risk to get deleted for possible damage on a dd. 

It is more profitable to use your excellent dpm to grind ships down and use radar later in the match.

I think my solo results speak for themselves:
image.png.12b42234e4c7d3a55c94df1f1cd67551.png

I am sure you fought hard in those battles you nearly won, but how many of these battles, where you were sent back to port early, could have been victories if only you played more conservative?

Flamu's latest video is possible the best advice for you right now, since it applies to almost ALL cruisers but especially light cruisers such as worcester:

youtube video

Pro tip: When you want to perform better in a certain ship, simply message some top leaderboard players for tips and tricks. Most of them will be glad to help out.

In general I am not min-maxing my ships and my playstyle. Obviously I'm not rushing into the caps but trying to find coverage near the caps as keeping teammate DDs alive is crucial. My biggest weakness in Worcester is the BB mindset in searching for most vulnerable targets and not raining HE that keeps damage output high. I know that, this is why I such with Smolensk. This is why I'm not a unicum player.

But let these numbers sink in:

Former avg Worcester WR: 60%

Current: 50%

And my last 24 battels: 37%

Yes, 24 is low sample size, but 37% is actuzally below AFK WR. 

But I still lost way too many matches in which I performed well and in over 100 battles. Plus, if it were only the Wooster, I'd say it's my fault only - but no, I'm plagued with ships I have a proven track record with too. Izumo, Kansas, same story. Hipper, also went from 70% WR to 51%, my last

last battle with it, I went down after 80k damage, two DD kill assists and taking a Vladivostok down with me. These stories are just piling up and the numbers are way beyond a bad streak over a couple of days, that are statistically plausible.

16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Average damage and XP increase just by advancing the Tiers, until the other Tiers you played are not statisticly relevant anymore.

And your WR increased since August. You played enough battles that WR improvements must be measured over longer time frames.

Increased since August, but dropped from 55.74% to 55.59% which is a significant loss. Again, I wish I could lead statistics on MM WR stats, it would be an interesting story...

16 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I wonder what is more difficult:

1. Coming up with wild explanations, varying them on the fly, to blame the MM for poor performances. Key factor: Every new inside or other fact has to be ignored or to be altered so much that it fits the "MMs-fault-Explanation". or
  2. Improving ones own performance. Adapte to new situations. Accept that you cannot win every match. And also accepting that there are classes/ships that just doesn't fit ones playstyle. Key fatctor: To cope with the fact that you are resposible as well.

Easiest thing is putting in a comment with generic deep thoughts about nothing - this wasn't worth the effort to type in man.

I am showing hard evidence in stats and complaining about statistically unlikely loss streaks that are in some cases below AFK players.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,612 posts
10,265 battles
3 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

In general I am not min-maxing my ships and my playstyle.

So you're saying that your previous stats are just down to luck then? You do not get 60% wr in a ship after dozens of games by sheer luck.

I am also not suggesting for you to min-max, but clearly you care about your winrate. So to be satisfied with your winrate it can be helpful to change the way you currently approach things as they are not working (anymore).

5 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

These stories are just piling up and the numbers are way beyond a bad streak over a couple of days, that are statistically plausible.

What do you want to hear? It seems you are not looking for advice, tips or whatever. I've only seen you complaining about how the warships universe is being unfair to you. Yes, we get it, the game sucks when you lose more than you should.

Either improve your own performance, div up or simply take a break.

:cap_tea:

• Bad 1

Players
364 posts
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Ah, the classic ad hominem. I'm dissapointed in you, you give the Dutch a bad name. 

In the category "things WG does not tell us", there are things that ARE true, and anything in this category shouldn't be dismissed immediately if it is a interesting case. If they manage to tinker with the MM (in proven cases) in WOT, they can in theory do it here too. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,612 posts
10,265 battles
4 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

Ah, the classic ad hominem. I'm dissapointed in you, you give Dutch a bad name. 

How is this ad hominem, beste vriend?

His stats are public, for everyone to see and analyse. 

As you know very well, we Dutch are simply frank in our communication.

Besides, ive given @optimal_909 more useful advice in this very thread than you ever will, so spare me the adhominem crying.

7 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

you give Dutch a bad name. 

me when piggy tries killing me but i have le gun : RobloxPiggy

• Cool 1

Players
1,865 posts
8,169 battles

Maybe half of the player base has COVID and plays with a fever of 38C. That can explain the low WR games.

• Cool 1

Players
364 posts
3 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

How is this ad hominem, beste vriend?

His stats are public, for everyone to see and analyse. 

As you know very well, we Dutch are simply frank in our communication.

Besides, ive given @optimal_909 more useful advice in this very thread than you ever will, so spare me the adhominem crying.

me when piggy tries killing me but i have le gun : RobloxPiggy

Can you predict my future ? Tell me, what is the winning lottery number I should buy ?

While you're at it tell me what a PM is......

Players
1,865 posts
8,169 battles
Just now, rimmer_the said:

Can you predict my future ? Tell me what is the winning lottery number I should buy ?

That's easy, you win the most by not buying lottery.

[CATS]
Players
28,107 posts
14,890 battles
33 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

Increased since August, but dropped from 55.74% to 55.59% which is a significant loss.

Which is a temporary effect. Even the best players in the game do not have a constant WR.

13 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

Ah, the classic ad hominem. I'm dissapointed in you, you give the Dutch a bad name. 

In the category "things WG does not tell us", there are things that ARE true, and anything in this category shouldn't be dismissed immediately if it is a interesting case. If they manage to tinker with the MM (in proven cases) in WOT, they can in theory do it here too. 

And the classical empty assertions...

Do you ever bring arguments with substance?

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,612 posts
10,265 battles
3 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

Can you predict my future ? Tell me, what is the winning lottery number I should buy ?

While you're at it tell me what a PM is......

tenor.gif?itemid=6223086

• Boring 1

[EUTF]
Players
184 posts
6,379 battles

I personally find MM fine by WG standards on last months prety good to decent if we exclude T4 CV's

The problem isnt matchmaking, its the dumb people that play above T6 on both sides and making the game miserable for people that knows basic stuff and want to play and have fun and the same time to win the match. I also had bad strikes for 2 or 3 days but trust me after of 8 loss in a row my mind just vaporizes and makes silly mistakes that usually i dont make. Also it doesnt help that playerbase last 6+ months it goes from bad to worst.

Try to play something you are good or you love to play and ignore the suicide team players or better play some coop games
Life is short to blame on MM and your non fuctioning teammates