Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LouisJoker

When will Cheshire be available again

26 comments in this topic

[VNWES]
Players
6 posts
2,580 battles

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows whether the British ship Cheshire will ever be available to purchase again in the future.

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
1 minute ago, LouisJoker said:

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows whether the British ship Cheshire will ever be available to purchase again in the future.

Last time she was unavailable for... 5? 6? months. So you might expect to return in next year. That or Christmas sales.

Bigger question, why you would want her?:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[VNWES]
Players
6 posts
2,580 battles

ive heard she's pretty bad but i just like the looks of her tbh

im debating whether to buy the vanguard, hood or london instead

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
Just now, LouisJoker said:

Deciding between ships you've selected is like asking "do I want to get shot in left or right foot":cap_tea:

• Funny 1

[VNWES]
Players
6 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Deciding between ships you've selected is like asking "do I want to get shot in left or right foot":cap_tea:

Yeah im just a british guy who wants british ships, is perth any better?

[XTREM]
Players
2,304 posts
16,277 battles
14 minutes ago, LouisJoker said:

Vanguard and Hood are both great ships and very handsome to boot. 

I don't have Cheshire and London I haven't played much, so no comment there(though I do like Devonshire, grinding it now)

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
1 minute ago, LouisJoker said:

Yeah im just a british guy who wants british ships, is perth any better?

Perth is okay and have some meme potential due to her creeping smoke, but you get very similar ship in shape of her sister, Leander, for free.

for premium BBs of Tea flavor:

-Warspite, still holds the line after all those years, only issues would be being overmatched by 380mm+ guns and she somewhat short ranged

-Hood, had issues with AP shells back in the day but those, supposedly, got rectified. Still suffers for having "only" 381mm guns due to IFHE/cruiser armor changes. On bright side, her hull armor scheme makes her quite resistant to HE and 380mm+ guns

-Duke of York, I've got her for free during 2017 Christmas events and that is fair price for this ship. She also got hit hard with Brit BB citadel changes

-Nelson, alright BB with infamous Brit lolheal, 406mm guns aren't something to sneeze at either. Citadel is somewhat vulnerable though, should you get caught broadside

-Vanguard, purpose of this ship is to make Monarch look good. And Monarch is embarrassment to start with

-Thunderer, arguably the best/most broken Brit BB out there. You can't buy her directly, only for coal currency

Cruisers:

-Exeter, decent CA at tier 5, unique as she combines 203mm guns with heal

-London is about as fascinating to play as watching paint dry. I suppose you can work with her, but I'm afraid silver Leander will be better ship... for free

-Belfast, unavailable because WG deemed her overpowered, doesn't mean you can't spend metric jesuston of money on Christmas lootboxes lottery to try to get her:cap_tea:

-Cheshire, "going back to port in no time" simulator with questionable guns... just like her silver "sister", Albemarle

Destroyers:

-Gallant is completely forgettable ship, silver Icarus I'd dare to say is better pick due to access to Hydro, Brit fast reloading smoke and magic acceleration

-Cossack, excellent DD if you focus on contesting caps, you can get very similar experience with silver Lightning... which raises the question why buying her unless you can get some hefty discount

[VNWES]
Players
6 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Perth is okay and have some meme potential due to her creeping smoke, but you get very similar ship in shape of her sister, Leander, for free.

for premium BBs of Tea flavor:

-Warspite, still holds the line after all those years, only issues would be being overmatched by 380mm+ guns and she somewhat short ranged

-Hood, had issues with AP shells back in the day but those, supposedly, got rectified. Still suffers for having "only" 381mm guns due to IFHE/cruiser armor changes. On bright side, her hull armor scheme makes her quite resistant to HE and 380mm+ guns

-Duke of York, I've got her for free during 2017 Christmas events and that is fair price for this ship. She also got hit hard with Brit BB citadel changes

-Nelson, alright BB with infamous Brit lolheal, 406mm guns aren't something to sneeze at either. Citadel is somewhat vulnerable though, should you get caught broadside

-Vanguard, purpose of this ship is to make Monarch look good. And Monarch is embarrassment to start with

-Thunderer, arguably the best/most broken Brit BB out there. You can't buy her directly, only for coal currency

Cruisers:

-Exeter, decent CA at tier 5, unique as she combines 203mm guns with heal

-London is about as fascinating to play as watching paint dry. I suppose you can work with her, but I'm afraid silver Leander will be better ship... for free

-Belfast, unavailable because WG deemed her overpowered, doesn't mean you can't spend metric jesuston of money on Christmas lootboxes lottery to try to get her:cap_tea:

-Cheshire, "going back to port in no time" simulator with questionable guns... just like her silver "sister", Albemarle

Destroyers:

-Gallant is completely forgettable ship, silver Icarus I'd dare to say is better pick due to access to Hydro, Brit fast reloading smoke and magic acceleration

-Cossack, excellent DD if you focus on contesting caps, you can get very similar experience with silver Lightning... which raises the question why buying her unless you can get some hefty discount

thanks for the info, guess wargaming dont like the royal navy all that much. ill go and drink some tea and think about the good old days of the empire

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
Just now, LouisJoker said:

thanks for the info, guess wargaming dont like the royal navy all that much. ill go and drink some tea and think about the good old days of the empire

More like by time WG got around to adding Brit stuff, they run out of ideas and had to manufacture something on the fly to not end up with functionally copy/paste ship.

Then you have issue of WG purposefully making T7 and below artificially worse on "game mechanics" principle - BBs get overmatched by bigger guns, CLs have worse HE pen and uptier terribly, DDs lack concealment due to no access to Concealment upgrade. Basically, if you want "fun premium ship that is somewhat resistant to matchmaking whims" you need to spend big or not at all.

[SHAD]
Players
4,540 posts
16,839 battles

If you really want a challenge maybe you should use the Omaha and division with a Kremlin.

[ARKA]
Players
36 posts
23,338 battles

Vanguard is an awesome ship, a bit underpowered but a thousand times better than Monarch.

But Warspite is the ship to go!!!

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
5,030 posts
20,590 battles

Hood is worth the money, especially if you like fast battleships. The only thing you need to know is that the guns are the 15 inch BL MkIs from Queen Elizabeth, not Warspite (Warspite has better penetration overall). 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,724 posts
16,367 battles
4 hours ago, LouisJoker said:

Almost certainly - someone at WG will probably wake up blisteringly hungover and with a *serious* grudge against his fellow man, and put her back in the shop...!

Wasn't she on sale a week or two ago though, for the discerning masochist?

I wouldn't lose too much sleep about not having her though - she's made up, so you aren't missing anything historical (and there are several better options at T8, notably Atago and her various clones). If you are especially At One With The Tea, London is a lot better (tier-for-tier), is quite worthwhile for Ops, and has the merit of being real.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,724 posts
16,367 battles

Post-script: Looks like Belfast '43 is happening (see other thread); no idea if she's any good though...

Players
2,796 posts
11,390 battles

Monarch is actually a very decent BB but requires abit more thinking and effort in playing.

Most players who play it don't play it to its full potential and thus think that its a bad BB when it is actually not.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,491 posts
11,570 battles
4 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Monarch is actually a very decent BB but requires abit more thinking and effort in playing.

Most players who play it don't play it to its full potential and thus think that its a bad BB when it is actually not.

It is the only silver british BB I truly liked. That ship is strong.

Players
2,796 posts
11,390 battles
1 hour ago, domen3 said:

It is the only silver british BB I truly liked. That ship is strong.

I like it too. For me it has a pretty interesting playstyle compared to the rest of the British BBs, especially those before it. It was quite a refreshing change compared to just spamming HE.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,491 posts
11,570 battles
8 minutes ago, pra3y said:

I like it too. For me it has a pretty interesting playstyle compared to the rest of the British BBs, especially those before it. It was quite a refreshing change compared to just spamming HE.

I mean, I did only use HE on it, but it was just such a comfortable ship to play. It had more range than KGV which reduced the problem of it having bad armor as you didn't have to get suicidally close, it had very nice reload and a decent caliber. Like with roma, I don't understand why people dislike them.

Players
2,796 posts
11,390 battles
1 hour ago, domen3 said:

I mean, I did only use HE on it, but it was just such a comfortable ship to play. It had more range than KGV which reduced the problem of it having bad armor as you didn't have to get suicidally close, it had very nice reload and a decent caliber. Like with roma, I don't understand why people dislike them.

Save for the HE part, and the Roma which i have never played before I agree with the rest. I actually feel that it is stronger AP wise plus it has a very good concealment. You use concealment to reposition or get away and AP at everything. The fire chance for HE on the Monarch feels anemic to me so I never really used it unless absolutely necessary. 

[JRM]
Players
8,614 posts

IDK I dont find the Cheshire THAT bad TBH, the mega pen on the HE shells she shares with Drake and Goliath does give some BB farming options and if you go about it smartly she can even tank a fair bit...

Players
2,948 posts
34,758 battles
12 hours ago, LouisJoker said:

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
523 posts
16,014 battles
16 hours ago, LouisJoker said:

Yeah im just a british guy who wants british ships,

Ark Royal seems to be a fun ship. I'll probably buy it once I get my 25% discount coupon :)

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,408 battles

TBH I have mixed feelings but I would still suggest The Mighty Hood for buy. Whenever I play her I feel like this ship is terrible I never hit anything however in the end I still somehow do Krakens and top performances and I am sitting there confused like what the heck happened here I don't even remember hitting things not even killing them. :D

So Hood will give you a positive surprise and I think it is already worth.

Or as we call it the HMS Great Erection.

Players
282 posts
3,035 battles
18 hours ago, LouisJoker said:

Cheshire and Vanguard are equally garbage so avoid both, Hood is solid for those good at angling and has the benefit of being super sexy. London is good but extremely tier dependant, crazy OP when against T6s, 'oh god please make this suffering end' when bottom tier.

Sign in to follow this