Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Europizza

Anyone seen this before?

50 comments in this topic

Players
3,349 posts
20,472 battles

I've seen WOWS wig out a couple of times since patch 0.9.10. Check the video to see what happens. This was introduced to me since patch 0.9.10, I did not have any issues before. I starts happening after I've played for some time. The game also seems to have moments where it doesnt seem to be able to keep track of all the stuff that's going on on screen, especially when theres 500 torpedoes coming at me, 4000 AA traces firing at planes form all the ships arround me on screen and im in one of my speed racing DD's.

Somehow this feels related to the known bug where we see a glimpse of the previous match when the current one ends right before switching to port. That bug I've seen before on a game I worked on in the past: it was a memory managment issue - the previous level was not flushed from memory when a new one was loaded. It would still be there for the entire new round and would show itself at round endings. The ghost 'image' looks exactly like that. I have 12 GB of memory, and didn't check the memory status while playing the game. I might if I feel like it. I might not. This is not an official bug report :P

Just curious: Anyone seen anything like this before, anywhere?

PS: didn't stop me from killing 2 ships while it was going on :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles

Having similar issues since last patch, it appears as you describe it that the past match including preloaded sounds occupy memory which forces me to restart my game after 4 - 5 battles because otherwise my performance drops or the sounds are broken. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,349 posts
20,472 battles
23 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Having similar issues since last patch, it appears as you describe it that the past match including preloaded sounds occupy memory which forces me to restart my game after 4 - 5 battles because otherwise my performance drops or the sounds are broken. 

Thanks. I noticed the sound lingering on too, faintly. I keep wondering why i hear shells flying like a soft lullaby :cap_hmm: Maybe Im playing too much ^^

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
13,858 battles

It looks like a combination of things.  The shadow outline of ships looks like a GPU problem to me.   The shells appearing late and in strange directions look like a sync problem server side.   Overall, it looks like a mess to me with multiple things going wrong.

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
931 posts
12,170 battles

I had in the last days for 2 times, using ZAO:

1) Wrong position of all ships on MAP (frozen after some minutes)

2) Enemy ships disappearing (I was able to see only fires on them when they were burning)

3) My HP was frozen to full HP (even if i was hit), so could not regenerate it

4) Didn't see my shells

I saw in italian forum also other users had the same issue..so it's quite strange it could be only on my pc...

• Cool 3

Players
2,366 posts
32,043 battles

I think game got ultra buggy since last update. I got stuck in the middle of the sea (twice, in two different games) while sailing in Key Halloween Event Mode. Half the ship was under water. Also constant FPS drop in that mode and when I switch to random mode, FPS remains steady. 

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I've also been getting this bug, my team mates appear to be broken to a level that shouldn't be possible.. WG pls fix :cap_fainting:

SPESHUL.jpg

On a more serious note, has anyone noticed some weird lighting issues on some of the maps in CB's?

• Funny 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,857 posts
21,615 battles

Patch by patch this game is getting worse. Luckily I only experienced smaller bugs since the new patch.

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,893 posts
13,495 battles
11 hours ago, Europizza said:

I've seen WOWS wig out a couple of times since patch 0.9.10. Check the video to see what happens. This was introduced to me since patch 0.9.10, I did not have any issues before. I starts happening after I've played for some time. The game also seems to have moments where it doesnt seem to be able to keep track of all the stuff that's going on on screen, especially when theres 500 torpedoes coming at me, 4000 AA traces firing at planes form all the ships arround me on screen and im in one of my speed racing DD's.

Somehow this feels related to the known bug where we see a glimpse of the previous match when the current one ends right before switching to port. That bug I've seen before on a game I worked on in the past: it was a memory managment issue - the previous level was not flushed from memory when a new one was loaded. It would still be there for the entire new round and would show itself at round endings. The ghost 'image' looks exactly like that. I have 12 GB of memory, and didn't check the memory status while playing the game. I might if I feel like it. I might not. This is not an official bug report :P

Just curious: Anyone seen anything like this before, anywhere?

PS: didn't stop me from killing 2 ships while it was going on :Smile_trollface:

these ships looks like ghosts  . . . maybe there is some connection to fact that it is Halloween :cap_hmm::cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,648 posts

TBH, I've played battles after the update, and I haven't actually noticed anything out of the ordinary. Could be I'm not just paying attention, of course...

[-TPF-]
Players
4,340 posts
18,216 battles

Definitely getting the "last game becomes visible when the current one ends" bug. No issues with performance but with 16GB I shouldn't be getting any memory issues at all - WoWS normally occupies well below 50%. 

Players
3,349 posts
20,472 battles
9 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

It looks like a combination of things.  The shadow outline of ships looks like a GPU problem to me.   The shells appearing late and in strange directions look like a sync problem server side.   Overall, it looks like a mess to me with multiple things going wrong.

Thanks. It is most likely not a server client sync issue, you can see in the video that i was able to sucessfully hit and kill enemy ghosts ships. To me it all reeks of memory leaks or mishandeling which cumulates into a myrad of issues. So either my memory is corrupted or dying, or the game is mishandeling memory managment. Or something else is going on. I don't know. It's not my game.

6 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Definitely getting the "last game becomes visible when the current one ends" bug. No issues with performance but with 16GB I shouldn't be getting any memory issues at all - WoWS normally occupies well below 50%. 

As far as I know memory gets allocated based on need, so if mishandled, there could still be free allocatable memory on the system, but the allocated memory section could be getting clogged up? I don't know, I'm an uneducated cow there for the milking right? Not my problem, theirs. All I have to do is stop playing this POS, it's happened a couple of times now.

Players
3,349 posts
20,472 battles
3 hours ago, Aetius85 said:

I had in the last days for 2 times, using ZAO:

1) Wrong position of all ships on MAP (frozen after some minutes)

2) Enemy ships disappearing (I was able to see only fires on them when they were burning)

3) My HP was frozen to full HP (even if i was hit), so could not regenerate it

4) Didn't see my shells

I saw in italian forum also other users had the same issue..so it's quite strange it could be only on my pc...

Yup, I have the exact same issues.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,262 posts
11,591 battles

Last scene from the last game appears just the game after that ends. 

Shells, rockets, torpedoes, bombs, going completely unrelated to where you aim. Like 30 degrees left where you aim your torps.. or more.. 

Planes, shells, torps, rockets, vanish visually. 

Game stutters with heavy AA (again) 

our shells pass through ships, but fail to damage.. and splash behind it... 

These are the ones I've seen happeninb to me or to my div mates. 

• Cool 3

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
6 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Shells, rockets, torpedoes, bombs, going completely unrelated to where you aim. Like 30 degrees left where you aim your torps.. or more.. 

In addition, there appears to be a bug that causes entire salvoes to fall short on occasion.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,648 posts
7 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Shouldn't something like this warrant some kind of reaction from WG?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,648 posts
Just now, Captain_Newman said:

In addition, there appears to be a bug that causes entire salvoes to fall short on occasion.

Don't know if that is related to how ships that are within your gun range according to range information are nonetheless beyond your actual gun range.

Players
3,349 posts
20,472 battles
23 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I also got hit by a torpedo I actually evaded, closely but it shouldn't have hit me according to my screen. Also, when loads of incoming superfast torpedoes are on my screen (3 DD's all fired at me) plus AA, the torpedo markers 'jumped' large distances instead of gliding towards me.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,177 battles
14 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Or if a ship is beached he gets a force field, and you cant lock on to him (i mean you can on your screen, but your shells disperse with the "not locked on" penalty) . 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,262 posts
11,591 battles
Just now, Europizza said:

I also got hit by a torpedo I actually evaded, closely but it shouldn't have hit me according to my screen.

O think thats a de-sync issue and not a new bug with the update :) 

Players
3,349 posts
20,472 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

O think thats a de-sync issue and not a new bug with the update :) 

Thats great news! :cat_cool:

Spoiler

/s

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this