Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Fen Yang T8 Pan Asian DD announced

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
2,244 posts
9,154 battles

Akizuki class TRB, deep water only against CV and BB, low detectability, def AA or engine boost, lots of 30 sec fast smokes, 33kts

 

FenYang.jpg

  • Cool 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,903 posts
9,586 battles
9 minuti fa, Ocsimano18 ha scritto:

Akizuki class TRB, deep water only against CV and BB, low detectability, def AA or engine boost, lots of 30 sec fast smokes, 33kts

 

FenYang.jpg

akizuki has joined the game

it's... seems like it's  a fun ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
5,218 posts
9,490 battles
49 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

deep water only against CV and BB

Really?

So more like the Asashio than the other Pan-Asia-DDs? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Akizuki class TRB, deep water only against CV and BB, low detectability, def AA or engine boost, lots of 30 sec fast smokes, 33kts

 

FenYang.jpg

And a  thousand Silliwangis cried out in terror as they all of a sudden became even less useful.

  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
45 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Because we really needed another t8 DD with only BB/CV torps that will keep trying to torp enemy DD's or sail the edge of the map.

It's Akizuki class. I assume Japanese 100mm guns. This thing might try torping the enemy DD but never realize that torps don't work because the guns melt everything before torps make it that far :Smile_teethhappy:

 

...seriously, an Akizuki with plenty short-duration smokes and improved concealment!? This thing sounds like a monster - even if the torps make her more vulnerable to being rushed by cruisers and some very brave DDs.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,391 posts
12,044 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

It's Akizuki class. I assume Japanese 100mm guns. This thing might try torping the enemy DD but never realize that torps don't work because the guns melt everything before torps make it that far :Smile_teethhappy:

 

...seriously, an Akizuki with plenty short-duration smokes and improved concealment!? This thing sounds like a monster.

Ship concealment seems to be the same as Akizuki proper, so I suppose "improved concealment" refers to vDW torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Ship concealment seems to be the same as Akizuki proper, so I suppose "improved concealment" refers to vDW torps.

Well, I was basing my post on the "low detectability" mentioned in the post. If that's a miscommunication, then the ship might end up just strong (Akizuki will likely synergize very well with these smokes) instead of outright broken :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,391 posts
12,044 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

Well, I was basing my post on the "low detectability" mentioned in the post. If that's a miscommunication, then the ship might end up just strong (Akizuki will likely synergize very well with these smokes) instead of outright broken :cap_like:

Akizuki with flexible PA/UK smokes is already very strong contender, DFAA so "AA destroyer" memes can be laid to rest and 12km vDW torps at T8 are basically cherry on top.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if she sees nerf of some kind or gets uptiered to T9.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,244 posts
9,154 battles
55 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, I was basing my post on the "low detectability" mentioned in the post. If that's a miscommunication, then the ship might end up just strong (Akizuki will likely synergize very well with these smokes) instead of outright broken :cap_like:

Low detectability was mentioned on stream. I’ve checked the devblog since and it’s 7.8 km base, and 1x4 torp launcher. Asashio is 6.84km, and 2x4 launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
6 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Low detectability was mentioned on stream. I’ve checked the devblog since and it’s 7.8 km base, and 1x4 torp launcher. Asashio is 6.84km, and 2x4 launcher.

That makes for a 6,12 stealth by my calculations, about the same as Aki herself. And we all should know by now what those IJN 100mm's can do to anything you can hit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
806 posts
2,665 battles

Now this is actually quite exciting. Low captain synergy with the silver line is unfortunate, but given that I don't really do IJN DDs but have always thought Aki looks fun...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JOLLY]
Players
520 posts
12,015 battles

she looks fun. Lots of smokes, DWT with trlb, decent range on the guns. The ship that Asashio guns at dawn players will love. If it gets Pan A manouvreability/agility, it will be very tasty indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,204 posts
12,848 battles
14 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Akizuki class TRB, deep water only against CV and BB, low detectability, def AA or engine boost, lots of 30 sec fast smokes, 33kts

 

FenYang.jpg

First premium in ages that look somewhat interesting. 

 

Have Asashio and its one of my top 3 ship and I consider her to be one of the most powerful premiums in the game in every tier. But owning her I see no real reasons for me to go for this one. Its a new version Asashio with worse concealment and half the damage output. Players should really go for Asashio instead.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,532 posts
13,091 battles
10 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Have Asashio and its one of my top 3 ship and I consider her to be one of the most powerful premiums in the game in every tier. But owning her I see no real reasons for me to go for this one. Its a new version Asashio with worse concealment and half the damage output. Players should really go for Asashio instead.

Mate, this thing has almost no similarity with the asashio.. 

They just gave her somewhat asashio torps just not to make it even more OP with regular DWT.. :) 

 

It is an akizuki.. but better.. which has better captains in Pan Asia.. 

I agree with you on one thing.. If someone plans to play this thing with a torp build.. yes they should stick to asashio indeed :) 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,204 posts
12,848 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Mate, this thing has almost no similarity with the asashio.. 

They just gave her somewhat asashio torps just not to make it even more OP with regular DWT.. :) 

 

It is an akizuki.. but better.. which has better captains in Pan Asia.. 

I agree with you on one thing.. If someone plans to play this thing with a torp build.. yes they should stick to asashio indeed :) 

Its the DWT and TRB that made me do that comparison, but I dont really agree with this being a better Akizuki, some things might be but regular torps w TRB is a huge thing regarding Akizukis power. Also short British DD-esk smokes dont give this DD a huge time to damagefarm with these guns if you go for a Gunbuild. And Gunboating in the open it doesnt have speed, range or HP for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,334 posts
7,903 battles
1 minute ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

 I dont really agree with this being a better Akizuki, some things might be but regular torps w TRB is a huge thing regarding Akizukis power.

Most of all, having DWT means that this DD won't be able to torp a destroyer or cruiser that is trying to rush his smoke.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,532 posts
13,091 battles
3 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Its the DWT and TRB that made me do that comparison, but I dont really agree with this being a better Akizuki, some things might be but regular torps w TRB is a huge thing regarding Akizukis power. Also short British DD-esk smokes dont give this DD a huge time to damagefarm with these guns if you go for a Gunbuild. And Gunboating in the open it doesnt have speed, range or HP for.

She does not have British smoke, but pan asian smoke, not long not short, in the middle, with very fast reload, and she has 6 of them :) (with SI) 

can have DefAA, which is even a better improvement over aki's nice AA on her own tier, 

and I prefer shoreter but more smokes of the pan asia.. so you don't stuck on one place to farm some damage then get out and wait for your smoke to reload. 

You can relocate easily.. you'll have more smokes to waste to get away from the carrier, etc etc.. and in reality just 20 second shorter smoke time, fenyang has more smoke time with those amount of charges :) 

 

1 minute ago, NoirLotus said:

Most of all, having DWT means that this DD won't be able to torp a destroyer or cruiser that is trying to rush his smoke.

yep... thats one downside, but this thing has to have some downsides eh :) 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JOLLY]
Players
520 posts
12,015 battles
15 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

 

 

It is an akizuki.. but better.. which has better captains in Pan Asia.. 

 

But I keep hearing that Akizuki is already broken OP! Does this mean Fen Yang will be a must have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,532 posts
13,091 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:

But I keep hearing that Akizuki is already broken OP! Does this mean Fen Yang will be a must have?

We'll see :) 

I'll testing her very soon... I can't break my NDA.. but I can send you some facial expressions while playing her :Smile-_tongue:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,204 posts
12,848 battles
6 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

Most of all, having DWT means that this DD won't be able to torp a destroyer or cruiser that is trying to rush his smoke.

Exactly! There is no deterent whatsoever for any DD or cruiser to just push and kill this DD in its smoke. I could probably do it in my Yugumo.

 

 

3 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

She does not have British smoke, but pan asian smoke, not long not short, in the middle, with very fast reload, and she has 6 of them :) (with SI) 

can have DefAA, which is even a better improvement over aki's nice AA on her own tier, 

and I prefer shoreter but more smokes of the pan asia.. so you don't stuck on one place to farm some damage then get out and wait for your smoke to reload. 

You can relocate easily.. you'll have more smokes to waste to get away from the carrier, etc etc.. and in reality just 20 second shorter smoke time, fenyang has more smoke time with those amount of charges :) 

 

 

Still, it is built for 2 different playstyles. Guns say play as Akizuki but without Akis great powerful torps. DWT say try and play like a Asaship and try and strike the BBs and CVs on the 10 line. What makes Aki great is that ALL it has caters to its gunboat/CQB playstyle. This doesnt. Here it forces you to choose on or the other, with deminisied damage as results.

 

And Def AA hasent been a selling point for me in ages. I hardly use it ever on ships exept for Swedish DDs.

Just now, LoveZeppelin said:

But I keep hearing that Akizuki is already broken OP! Does this mean Fen Yang will be a must have?

 

Aki IS broken OP. but if you have that I see no reason for you to go for this. If you want to get better results in your Akizuki I have a huge playlist on my channel with First Blood/Kraken Unleased games with Yamamoto captain in Akizuki. Only ship that is more powerful is its bigger sister Kitakaze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JOLLY]
Players
520 posts
12,015 battles

 

3 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Aki IS broken OP. but if you have that I see no reason for you to go for this. If you want to get better results in your Akizuki I have a huge playlist on my channel with First Blood/Kraken Unleased games with Yamamoto captain in Akizuki. Only ship that is more powerful is its bigger sister Kitakaze.

I do ok in Aki these days, but Kitekaze is a disaster, I can't seem to click with it nowadays (when it first came out, I enjoyed it). Speedy run and gun fr and pan EU dds have largely countered the aki/kite menace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×