You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

How to get ARP Yamato ^^

147 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,343 posts
26,731 battles

They allow fresh inexperienced players buy their way into tier X yet they acknowledge, from time to time, that there aren't many players at lower tiers....

It'd be nice to see ranked at tier 4 or 5 for a change! :)

• Cool 4

[I-J-N]
Players
6,972 posts
1 hour ago, tsounts said:

They allow fresh inexperienced players buy their way into tier X yet they acknowledge, from time to time, that there aren't many players at lower tiers....

Didn't we use to have mid tier ranked in the Golden Days?

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,343 posts
26,731 battles
5 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I have no idea unless you mean the tier 7 one when Belfast was first released, another money grab event...

[I-J-N]
Players
6,972 posts
Just now, tsounts said:

I have no idea unless you mean the tier 7 one when Belfast was first released, another money grab event...

Could be that, I remember there being at least tier 7 once. I also seem to remember we once had a system where you jumped to a higher tier when reaching the higher ranks.

[ZEN]
Players
1,459 posts
15,200 battles
2 hours ago, tsounts said:

There was once a T6 one ages ago when I was playing the Nurnburg when it first came out and was the first Ranked season I played.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
7,146 posts
15,611 battles
7 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I can remember at least one T7, and a couple of T9s, although - if memory serves - the majority of the Ranked seasons that haven't been T10 have been sprints.

[I-J-N]
Players
6,972 posts
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I can remember at least one T7, and a couple of T9s, although - if memory serves - the majority of the Ranked seasons that haven't been T10 have been sprints.

Hmm... memories are always somewhat subjective, but I think we didn't have sprints in the 'early years'. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,146 posts
15,611 battles
15 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

You may well be right - my memory only goes back a couple of years; I certainly do remember the first sprint though.

There must have been T7 competitive back in the day as Sims' base xp boost was especially helpful for that, I gather (although that era was before my time)...

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
693 posts
5,479 battles
10 hours ago, tsounts said:

and how many are those fresh new players who buy tier 10 ships straight into downloading a game? 10? 20?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
4,422 posts
5,713 battles

Imagine spending 35,000 doubloons for a ship you can get for free by playing silver JPN BB line. AND, you get only 3 points captain...:cap_fainting:

Only people I can imagine to buy this... nonsense are the one who have bullet holes in their brains.

• Cool 1

Players
4,422 posts
5,713 battles
2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

and how many are those fresh new players who buy tier 10 ships straight into downloading a game? 10? 20?

I would add another 0 to you numbers, and that would be as some lowest number.

[MUMMY]
Players
692 posts
10,486 battles

I am a self confessed whale, can check out my ships to see for yourself, stats are not hidden.

I have however [unwillingly] gone through the Wargaming [WG] "Whale Detox program".

Said detox program involves enduring silly [for the sake of being polite] class reworks, trolling by development staff that promise that "anyone" can get their 2019 Christmas tier 10, Puerto Rico easily, talk of changing specific premium ships by WG senior staff, WG senior staff “going off” on both the WG Russia forums and on Reddit, neutering of Halloween mode 2020 and blatant cash grabs such as this over a course of a number of years.

Thus have reinstalled other games, no longer paying £50 for a ship and listening to the platitudes extended by WG. 

Anything free offered I will take with no thanks offered in return as the company seems to go out of its way to flip me “the bird” at every opportunity.

Instead of a nice new ship I will buy a AAA PC title instead.

I am now a reformed whale. 

The WG Whale Detox program is very effective; no more money for WG for quite some time I guess.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
471 posts
12,588 battles

As far as I can see the only reason to buy an ARP Yamoto is so you could reset the Japanese BB line for research pts. and still have a Yamoto while you're re doing the line. I can't think of another reason.

Players
4,422 posts
5,713 battles
3 hours ago, Todger_Fairmile said:

As far as I can see the only reason to buy an ARP Yamoto is so you could reset the Japanese BB line for research pts. and still have a Yamoto while you're re doing the line. I can't think of another reason.

Thats a poor reason because anyone can reset some other line, it doesn't have to be Yamato if that is their favorite ship.

There is a lot of other lines in tech tree that can be used for reset. For myself, I always can reset JPN or German DD lines.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,343 posts
26,731 battles
7 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I think way more since I already met those numbers in one day yesterday.  As stated in another post in the forums, already 580 of them have been sold.

[JRM]
Players
7,935 posts
7 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Well since the entire work on the ARP Yamato consisted of making another copy of the already existing ship with the ARP prefix and making a camo for it well even few hundred buyers are pure profit...

Players
471 posts
12,588 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Thats a poor reason because anyone can reset some other line, it doesn't have to be Yamato if that is their favorite ship.

There is a lot of other lines in tech tree that can be used for reset. For myself, I always can reset JPN or German DD lines.

Kind of my point, just that otherwise (for me and I suspect most players) there is no reason to spend almost 35,000 doub. If someone wants the cammo, then eventually WG will sell it buy itself, for a disgusting price.

Players
2,835 posts
34,024 battles
11 hours ago, tsounts said:

I need to double check but I remember two t6s.

[CATS]
Players
31,641 posts
15,879 battles
17 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

First season was Tier VI, fourth was Tier V.

• Cool 1

[DK-MK]
Players
291 posts
14,299 battles
On 11/13/2020 at 7:19 PM, Allenseiei said:

Talk about a waste of money.

Not surprised at WG taking advantage of whales to get a quick cash grab, it's standard now in their collaborations.

Sadly, in most of them it is. Though I'd like to point out that in hindsight the Transformers event was rather player-friendly. As in, you could spend money, but you didn't have to in order to get stuff.

• Cool 1

[SVX]
Players
1,394 posts
16,676 battles
On 11/16/2020 at 1:06 AM, rage1750 said:

I am a self confessed whale, can check out my ships to see for yourself, stats are not hidden.

I have however [unwillingly] gone through the Wargaming [WG] "Whale Detox program".

Said detox program involves enduring silly [for the sake of being polite] class reworks, trolling by development staff that promise that "anyone" can get their 2019 Christmas tier 10, Puerto Rico easily, talk of changing specific premium ships by WG senior staff, WG senior staff “going off” on both the WG Russia forums and on Reddit, neutering of Halloween mode 2020 and blatant cash grabs such as this over a course of a number of years.

Thus have reinstalled other games, no longer paying £50 for a ship and listening to the platitudes extended by WG. 

Anything free offered I will take with no thanks offered in return as the company seems to go out of its way to flip me “the bird” at every opportunity.

Instead of a nice new ship I will buy a AAA PC title instead.

I am now a reformed whale. 

The WG Whale Detox program is very effective; no more money for WG for quite some time I guess.

i also joined this. 

only thing i spend money on is ocasionly premium time.

• Cool 2

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,827 battles
On 11/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, Scorpion1366 said:

and you get the ARP main battery director system which reduces dispersion by 7 percent but slows turret traverse by 13 percent

Do I misunderstand you or do the Yamato and the ARP Yamato have different unique upgrades which are not compatible with each other ?

• Cool 2