You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

How to get ARP Yamato ^^

147 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
2,925 battles

To be honest I'm more disappointed that they didn't even bother making ARP Maya accurate to what she actually looks like. (She has the 3rd turret from the front removed and a slightly altered superstructure)
Rather than them selling ARP Yamato for doubloons. I guess they just can't be asked making unique ships for collabs. The only real "unique" ships they actually made for some were the Harekaze and Yukikaze (and Sov. Rossiya to an extent)
Kinda makes me sad as some of these collab ships could've had cool gimmicks or be at least somewhat unique instead of just a premium copy of a tech tree ship.

And I bet they'll also add the description:  "This warships has been specially designed for World of Warships, and is modelled after Maya as she appears in "ARPEGGIO OF BLUE STEEL  -ARS NOVA-"" Like they have with all the other ones even though it's just not true. Would it be that hard to just remove the 3rd frontal turret, change the superstructure a bit and then buff the reload since it has 2 less guns now. Would actually be kinda cool to have a (maybe) slightly higher DPM Atago with less alpha.
But why would you do that when you can just make an inaccurate reskin, change nothing about the stats (kinda like the AL Littorio too) and sell that instead?

Still hoping they will make future collab ships more like the Harekaze and Yukikaze so they actually have a unique flavor to them while playing.

• Cool 2

Players
471 posts
12,588 battles

ARP Yamoto will be available through the armory for doubloons. 34,950. I think that answers the question about another cash grab.  And believe it or not I was just in a battle with someone who bought one (ASIA).

shot-20.11.12_22.50.10-0596.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DK-MK]
Players
289 posts
14,256 battles

Not a single mission to go with all this... just the old stuff (at least at mostly decent prices) in the premium shop and.... well... this... up there... in the armory. And only in the armory. No option to apply a coupon either.

I've waited eagerly for those ships and skins... but almost 100 bucks for Yamato? and about 170 bucks for the full package?

And besides... who had the bright idea to sell Yamato for 100 bucks and just include a 3 point commander, only pitting in the 10 point version into the big package?

Either the ARP license holders have Wargaming by the balls on this one or WG seriously once again places wonderful design work behind a very high paywall.

Players
876 posts
10,614 battles

I just saw it in battle as soon as I finished reading this thread!

I asked the guy how he got it, but he did not reply. :(

** I just saw that is in the Armory for a bucket load of gold **

shot-20.11.13_05.15.18-0763.jpg

• Cool 1

[3DKM]
Players
279 posts
2,923 battles
Vor 14 Stunden, Varian_Dorn sagte:

Not a single mission to go with all this... just the old stuff (at least at mostly decent prices) in the premium shop and.... well... this... up there... in the armory. And only in the armory. No option to apply a coupon either.

I've waited eagerly for those ships and skins... but almost 100 bucks for Yamato? and about 170 bucks for the full package?

And besides... who had the bright idea to sell Yamato for 100 bucks and just include a 3 point commander, only pitting in the 10 point version into the big package?

Either the ARP license holders have Wargaming by the balls on this one or WG seriously once again places wonderful design work behind a very high paywall.

WG is the most greedy game developing company that ever existed :D Who the f wants to pay those guys 170 bucks for some digital pixels? Their pricing is pathethic at this point. This is beyond any rationality.

Sadly, this will destroy the balance of teams even further since you can buy yourself up to T10 in some seconds..one more example that WG does not care at all about what their one said. They DONT keep THEIR WORD. They never have tbh. When there is money to make, they keep ignoring and stomping over the community. All the veterans are leaving the game....

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
7,908 posts

Yamato cult is strong in Japan, same as Anime cult, they have a decent foothold in US as well I guess so this is likely aimed at those people...

Had they have tweaked the ships stats like with Bajie or Ignis/Ragnarok some merit might be in there by that, but this way - just no...

[DK-MK]
Players
289 posts
14,256 battles

There's one thing I like about this though... and I have to admit, I like it partially because I can be quite a d*ck sometimes....

... the fact that you get a special camo for a ship that isn't even available to get in the game right now and for the foreseeable future. And that I had just enough gold saved to get the Musashi pack; because I remember myself actually asking for a ARP Musashi way back when the first round of the ARP colab was around, way before the Musashi was even anounced to come to the game.

So yeah, small victory for me personally at least. Getting my wish and having a certain exclusivety to it as well. :Smile_coin:

EDIT: I just read up on myself. I recommended ARP Musashi in February 2016 - the same month I also recommended the U.S.S. Enterprise for inclusion ^^

Sometimes one does get a wish fulfilled.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,402 posts
10,077 battles
1 hour ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I just saw it in battle as soon as I finished reading this thread!

I asked the guy how he got it, but he did not reply. :(

** I just saw that is in the Armory for a bucket load of gold **

shot-20.11.13_05.15.18-0763.jpg

It Ingame in the Armory to Buy for Doubloons

Players
4,414 posts
5,713 battles

Well at least now we know which Premium Special TX ship will be the less popular of all.

I can see how players base will fight for this ship and give to weegee only 35,000 doubloons :cap_popcorn:

Thank you weegee for making us refuse this generous offer. 1 thing less to expect for Black Friday event.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SINT]
Players
1,131 posts
23,763 battles

My disappointment grows... regarding the ARP collaboration I had a more positive and willing attitude to spent some money. Always wanted Maya for the fun’s and since I received all earlier ships and captains when they were completely free ( money wise not regarding the grind) I was willing to somehow pay extra. Especially after the “ upgrade” these ships got earlier from minimal premium ships to the real premium status with camo etc... Even if I became more reluctant to spent big money on this game and WG.

But these prices..without any mission to get something free/ discounted. And Maya is not Maya but a ARP Takao / Atago clone disregarding her special configuration. I bought Atago and never regretted it, received Takao for free and enjoyed her upgrade to full premium. But never even considered to buy the Atago B or the extra red camo for ARP Takao. I really wanted ARP Maya and was willing to ignore the fact that I would buy a somewhat identical ship for the second time...But under these conditions...WG really helps to keep my wallet closed.

As for Musashi and Yamato...for that kind of money I can buy full games titles with additional dlc’s... I have thrown money at WG before so mistakes have been made in the past, but this feels so uncomfortable....

By the way, looking at the main big whale package picture....is that the legendary Yamato module that is also included? If it is then even more items are for sale the easy way..what’s next in shop? A token that gives you preference in MM? Selling FXP? Captain XP? Because that 3/ 10 point freshly bought captain should be made 19/21 points the easy way.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,266 posts
23,326 battles

My clan mate just wrote he saw 4 ARP Yammys in one battle.

And i thought I was a whale...

PS: I've spent less on the AC Valhalla ultimate edition. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
2,464 posts
25,537 battles

I was naive and wasn't expected this. First TX fully for dubloons. I'm dissapointed but not really suprised.

Mission reward: Kirishima with 6 points. This is just ridiculous.

[SVX]
Players
1,394 posts
16,658 battles

so i could buy 17k dubs to buy a yamato without the legendary upgrade? wtf wg seriously the only thing that you had left was that you did not sell tier 10 ships i guees thats over now [edited]greed gameing!

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,226 posts
10,586 battles

So....literally selling tier 10 ships now, are we? Well I've seen everything.

How to kill your game 101

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
1,131 posts
23,763 battles
2 hours ago, Varian_Dorn said:

Just checked. yes there is a free mission but you have to click the participate button in the news article.. Rather easy 3 tiered mission that gives you a six point Kirishima captain....  You can always sell her in 2021 to  get some captian xp points back after the captain skill rework if she is your x times duplicate version.

[JRM]
Players
7,908 posts
36 minutes ago, Marblehead_1 said:

I was naive and wasn't expected this. First TX fully for dubloons. I'm dissapointed but not really suprised.

You could buy Puerto Rico out as well

Players
471 posts
12,588 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Yamato cult is strong in Japan, same as Anime cult, they have a decent foothold in US as well I guess so this is likely aimed at those people...

Had they have tweaked the ships stats like with Bajie or Ignis/Ragnarok some merit might be in there by that, but this way - just no...

BTW it says in the description: Please Note: if deemed necessary, balance changes may be applied to ARP Yamoto. So you pay and they can still change it.

Players
324 posts
13,054 battles

Also notice if you buy the Fleet of Fog flagship bundle, aside from 10 point commanders you also get the Yamato UU?, same values as standard Yamato one as far as I can see, though in the text that they reserve the right to change the values for the Arp Yamato should give people pause for thought.

So this is just a straight Yamato with ARP clothing

Players
2,464 posts
25,537 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You could buy Puerto Rico out as well

Yes, but you could lower her price due to boosters and directives so were possibilities to get her in cheaper way. Also you go full nolife and grind her for free. Puerto Rico cost me only Gorizia. ARP Yamato is full dubloons only.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,275 battles
2 hours ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Welcome to WoWs 2020, where you can play you very 1st PVP game in a T10 ship available for money.

Pay to Rico?

Players
324 posts
13,054 battles
3 hours ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Welcome to WoWs 2020, where you can play you very 1st PVP game in a T10 ship available for money.

Yes you too can experience the joy of hiding behind islands all game waiting for someone to make a move while being targeted to death by the FDR or MVR

[XTREM]
Players
2,191 posts
15,670 battles

So disappointed that it's a Yama clone, with legendary to boot. 

Also those prices got me like 

121587729_647840192545755_3246721137909042141_n.jpg.a716974433225c659a2b27f2af87c180.jpg

Weekend Tester
873 posts
6,620 battles

Poor those souls who have tossed their money for rare ARP Yammy. This also makes me worry about new players who have a big wallet, buy that ARP Yamato and play in T10 mm without a clue how to play on her.

• Funny 1

Players
324 posts
13,054 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

Poor those souls who have tossed their money for rare ARP Yammy. This also makes me worry about new players who have a big wallet, buy that ARP Yamato and play in T10 mm without a clue how to play on her.

Even if you aren't I imagine team mates will watch you like a hawk, the crys of "Noob!" for every slightest mistake will be deafening, will be like Tirpitz all over again lol