You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

How to get ARP Yamato ^^

147 comments in this topic

[4_0_4]
Players
8,227 posts
14,628 battles

Oh, let me guess: Players who earned the blue Takao back in the days will still have to purchase an overpriced bundle to get the red skin?

As for the ARP-Yamato: I certainly hope she wont be sold for money.

Players
467 posts
11,780 battles
9 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Oh, let me guess: Players who earned the blue Takao back in the days will still have to purchase an overpriced bundle to get the red skin?

As for the ARP-Yamato: I certainly hope she wont be sold for money.

till now, tier X ships were sold for:

steel

don't think they will sell 2 tier 10 japanese bb with the same hull for steel

research points

sell a yamato, and grind it back 2 times to get another yamato is quite weird even for wg

free xp (2 fu... millions)

that could be possible, even if we already have a japanese tier 9 cruiser and a japanese tier 10 dd that are sold for free exp, while russia, france, and italy have no ship like this, and england have only the nelson that's tier 7

what's left is only coal and dobulons, i hope it will be coal, but knowing wg i expect it to be sold for dobulons after an event

[4_0_4]
Players
8,227 posts
14,628 battles

My hope would be a mission marathon  with shortcuts for owners of a actual Yamato But that will never happen.

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
897 posts
6,971 battles

Is there any reason they'd not just make it a permacamo and commander? You'd have premium Yamato to train commanders for the line that ends in... Yamato.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,417 posts
10,117 battles
22 hours ago, PeteEarthling said:

Pretty sure this was no T10?

No it was T9.

But WGs Promise back then was that highest Prem Ship in Shop would be T8.

They Cheated that a bit with the T9s by making them Freemiums you could also get for Ingame Currency. Thus not being "Premium" Ships bought for Real Money.

But being Special Ships that you "Earned"

The AL Rossiya however was the First T9 Ship you had to Buy and which you could not get from some Event or by using Ingame Ressources like Coal/Steel etc.

Players
7,655 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

No it was T9.

They Cheated that a bit with the T9s by making them Freemiums you could also get for Ingame Currency. Thus not being "Premium" Ships bought for Real Money.

The AL Rossiya however was the First T9 Ship you had to Buy and which you could not get from some Event or by using Ingame Ressources like Coal/Steel etc.

They might do the same with ARP yamato, making her the first Tier 10 prem to be sold without any other way.

[THESO]
4,417 posts
10,117 battles
14 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Is there any reason they'd not just make it a permacamo and commander? You'd have premium Yamato to train commanders for the line that ends in... Yamato.

They already Announced ARP Yamato as a Special Ship in the Devblog.

Unlike the ARP Musashi which will actually just be a Permacamo instead. And was Announced as such.

I assume because the removed Musashi from Sale. So they didnt want to Add a Second Musashi for everyone to Buy.

Players
2,473 posts
25,730 battles

I only remind you all that all previous weeb collabs were time limited and I really doubt that this could be an exception. If it's time limited event it leaves more or less all currencies wchich we have in game as she should be present in Armory for period of few months while weeb events were much shorter ( correct me if I'm wrong ) Premium Shop, Random Boxes or Mission Marathon are my bets for now. Free Exp is also possible but with much lower chance.

[SINT]
Players
1,132 posts
23,859 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

No it was T9.

The earlier T9 Freemium ships were sold directly for cash before. I have seen JB, Alaska, Pommern and the likes directly for cash in shop. And PR was indirectly available for you too. Buy several batches of doubloons and just buy the 3 start up buildings and either ( if you wanted the ship immediately) buy the missing phases for doubloons or wait a bit longer and let the progress tick and buy the missing steps then.

The ARP ships are a collaboration. Both WG and ARP want to benefit. Exchanging these ships for ingame currency does not work. Coal, steel or RB cannot be bought ( in the requiring quantities). FXP might work, but the ARP will be only available for so long and the population that wants to buy “weeb” ships is limited already. 

So 3 options imo.
Direct cash with a ridiculous super package with all 3 captains / ships ( or camo)..or worse including the older ships...

Gambling with rng crates but that seems rather unlikely with a T10 as prize. And one of the main prizes ( the Musashi camo) will be only usefull to a few..

Combination of paying and playing. But even unlikely to get Maya for free. Yes Takao was free once, but last time was cash only. 

My hope is not a repeat from last time AL where you had to rng to get your captain with the risk of getting duplicates..

its going to be filthy expensive.. my guess, 170€ plus if you want the new content.

• Cool 1

Players
210 posts

i hope that getting it will be very easy - so that we can finally bury T10 MM

the current developer team is not able to fix it anyway - so let's just kill it off ...

[THESO]
4,417 posts
10,117 battles
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

The earlier T9 Freemium ships were sold directly for cash before. I have seen JB, Alaska, Pommern and the likes directly for cash in shop. And PR was indirectly available for you too. Buy several batches of doubloons and just buy the 3 start up buildings and either ( if you wanted the ship immediately) buy the missing phases for doubloons or wait a bit longer and let the progress tick and buy the missing steps then.

The ARP ships are a collaboration. Both WG and ARP want to benefit. Exchanging these ships for ingame currency does not work. Coal, steel or RB cannot be bought ( in the requiring quantities). FXP might work, but the ARP will be only available for so long and the population that wants to buy “weeb” ships is limited already. 

So 3 options imo.
Direct cash with a ridiculous super package with all 3 captains / ships ( or camo)..or worse including the older ships...

Gambling with rng crates but that seems rather unlikely with a T10 as prize. And one of the main prizes ( the Musashi camo) will be only usefull to a few..

Combination of paying and playing. But even unlikely to get Maya for free. Yes Takao was free once, but last time was cash only. 

My hope is not a repeat from last time AL where you had to rng to get your captain with the risk of getting duplicates..

its going to be filthy expensive.. my guess, 170€ plus if you want the new content.

Read Properly. You could ALSO get them for Ingame Ressources. Not Exclusively.

[THESO]
4,417 posts
10,117 battles

Yep.

Looks like it might be Coming in November.

https://worldofwarships.eu/de/news/game-updates/update-0910-american-battleships/

Wir haben einige dem Black Friday gewidmete Inhalte hinzugefügt: flag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VIII Cossack B, flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Jean Bart B, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_4516ee494bb0396e51796cebff5e45c3VIII Kaga B, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVII Atlanta B, vier Gedenkflaggen, vier Aufnäher und vier Kapitäne.

Im Rahmen einer neuen Kooperation mit Arpeggio of Blue Steel wurden flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII ARP Maya, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcspecial_fdb3e9eabba1009b1c4adb7b370a68a2X ARP Yamato, eine permanente Tarnung für die flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Musashi und drei Kapitäne hinzugefügt.

Too Bad they dont bring back Musashi to Buy in the Shop as well for the Event.

I would Immediately get it even if it cost Twice the amount of a Normal T9 Premium.

Edit:

Ah by the way. This is German Text cause I am German.

It just Says that they Added the Ships for Black Friday and ARP Events to the Game Client.

Which usually happens when the Event happens somewhere in this Patch or the Patch after that.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
4,417 posts
10,117 battles
8 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

Why has Maya a premium ship symbol but Yamato a special ship symbol?

Wargamings Policy says that there is no T10 Premium Ships so they likely made it a T10 Special Ship instead.

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
45 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Wargamings Policy says that there is no T10 Premium Ships so they likely made it a T10 Special Ship instead.

I see, so there will be T10+ ships instead of T11 ships when the time comes.

[SINT]
Players
1,132 posts
23,859 battles
1 hour ago, PeteEarthling said:

I understood that the difference between a normal premium ship and the tier 10 premium ships ( now called by WG special ships) are that both have the benefit that you can swap any captain without retraining and have a discount on cost after a battle. But special ships lack some inherent xp and credit bonuses that normal premiums have. So in fact special ships are somewhat inferior in comparison with real premium ships. They are still better then silver ships due to the fact that you can use any captain on them and their T10 gives them a nice 100% xp boost and a50% cost reduction..But true premiums they are not. That’s why true money grinding and xp farming goes better in a T9 premium then a T10 special. Maybe even T8 premiums outperform them..

Why WG created this special class? They can say they kept their word in not creating T10 premiums by calling them different?:fish_book:

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,120 posts
13,880 battles
Just now, Jvd2000 said:

They can say the kept their word in not creating T10 premiums by calling them different

And they can change /balans them without risking to refund players as they're just available for ingame-currencies...

• Cool 3

[SINT]
Players
1,132 posts
23,859 battles
5 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

And they can change /balans them without risking to refund players as they're just available for ingame-currencies...

Good point. And gives more value to the remark of WG that ARP Yamato is liable to have changes in the future. Just a disclaimer already in place...even if ARP Yamato might be the first T10 not available for free ingame currencies...and then still has the liability to be balanced if the silver line Yamato ever be changed.

Players
7,655 posts
245 battles
17 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

Eventually weegee will just slap tier 10's in the shop for purchase like with armoured warfare does at the moment.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,327 posts
31,006 battles
15 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Good point. And gives more value to the remark of WG that ARP Yamato is liable to have changes in the future. Just a disclaimer already in place...even if ARP Yamato might be the first T10 not available for free ingame currencies...and then still has the liability to be balanced if the silver line Yamato ever be changed.

PR was also never "sold" for in game resources and still has the same status as all other T10 premiums.