Sign in to follow this  
geoff99

Use existing account or start new?

10 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
41 battles

Hi all,

I'm an experienced Tanks player and had my first Warships game last night. Before I get too far into the game, are there any benefits from using my existing account, or should I set up a new account using some sort of introductory offer with free premium boats and credits and stuff? If the latter, can anyone recommend current introductory offers.

thanks in advance

Geoff

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,115 posts
10,318 battles

There are certain bonuses when you make a new account if you use invite links. Though I believe that it should work even for an existing account that has very few battles.

image.thumb.png.bbf76d1b0658d082fdb154399584caba.png

Here's mine if you want to try it: https://warships.net/domen3

[THESO]
Players
1,595 posts
18,662 battles
11 minutes ago, domen3 said:

There are certain bonuses when you make a new account if you use invite links. I think you get the tier 6 UK BB warspite and a tier 2 or 3 cruiser. Though I believe that it should work even for an existing account that has very few battles.

Here's mine if you want to try it: https://warships.net/domen3

Do they still work like that? I started another account half a year ago and there was a couple of signals and an Charleston after a while. I think that Tachibana - Warspite - reward was like two years ago.

[THESO]
4,115 posts
10,318 battles
7 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Do they still work like that? I started another account half a year ago and there was a couple of signals and an Charleston after a while. I think that Tachibana - Warspite - reward was like two years ago.

I took this screenshot when I made the comment, so I'm guessing it's correct.

[THESO]
Players
1,595 posts
18,662 battles
30 minutes ago, domen3 said:

I took this screenshot when I made the comment, so I'm guessing it's correct.

I am sure your link is fine. What I meant is are the rewards still the same as two years ago?

[THESO]
4,115 posts
10,318 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I am sure your link is fine. What I meant is are the rewards still the same as two years ago?

So did I

image.thumb.png.f63a75ccb644fc8d31d447f2a6c5f03c.png

[CATS]
Players
31,105 posts
15,723 battles
8 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

They did not change from the picture.

Players
555 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, geoff99 sagte:

I'm an experienced Tanks player and had my first Warships game last night. Before I get too far into the game, are there any benefits from using my existing account, or should I set up a new account using some sort of introductory offer with free premium boats and credits and stuff? If the latter, can anyone recommend current introductory offers.

Hello

as a beginner, it is useful to familiarize yourself with the basics of WoWs.
Here you will find answers to (almost) all questions: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

You can also get a rough overview of the advantages and disadvantages of the different classes of ships, as well as the peculiarities of ships of the different nations.
Because only you know what kind of play style you prefer.

As a beginner, you have a protection time in Co-oP mode of 200 battles. Since you are already familiar with WoT, there should be enough time to learn the most important game mechanics and gain initial experience.

If you do without it, you will have to learn it later under difficult conditions! With half-equipped ships, captains with few captain points, without experience and insufficient knowledge, the fight in random is certainly not possible with the desired success.

Use the "gifts from WG" sparingly and do not waste them. You get a few thousand doubloons, almost 20,000 coal, hundreds of signals and camouflages, improvements and a T3 US cruiser as a "premium ship", some steel and much more!

My recommendation: play through all ship classes in a country to learn the basics efficiently. And take some time to study.
If you get bogged down and alluding to many countries, you are wasting your resources, which will later be missing.

Without knowing your comprehension, it is difficult to gauge how quickly you are learning.
Keep your hands off higher-class premium ships (for the time being)! Because you do not automatically guarantee success if you lack the necessary experience.

There are plenty of "Game Guides and Tutorials" where a lot is explained in order to be able to increase performance and to understand the mechanics.
Read here: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/365-game-guides-and-tutorials/

With a little patience, discipline against yourself, read every now and then and not proceeding completely haphazardly, and not just wanting to shoot around quickly, I believe that the first small lasting successes will come after a few hundred battles.
And with increasing experience, so will the successes.

Kind regards

Sorry for my poor english

Players
1,184 posts
13,521 battles

One thing that can help is to get a friend to enlist you as a recruit (i can do so if youd want). You both get some bonusses, and you can do this even with an existing account

[SM0KE]
Players
6,974 posts
15,473 battles
8 hours ago, geoff99 said:

should I set up a new account using some sort of introductory offer with free premium boats and credits and stuff?

You may as well use your existing, provided you can use an invite code (such as the one @domen3 posted).

I just did something similar (a week or two ago) with my NA account - I made that several years ago, and it has the bulk of my tanks games on it, but it worked because I hadn't used it for boats yet...

Sign in to follow this