Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Marydoll

US Battleships Directive 4.

28 comments in this topic

Players
38 posts

Hi, Presently working my way through the above directive. Struggling with the 1,600 Ribbons in a Battleship. You obviously require mega secondary hits. Have US and French BB's in port. Is it just a case of almost "suiciding" to get in close and obtain secondaries. Any hints appreciated.

Cheers.

[SVX]
Players
1,380 posts
16,311 battles
1 minute ago, Marydoll said:

Hi, Presently working my way through the above directive. Struggling with the 1,600 Ribbons in a Battleship. You obviously require mega secondary hits. Have US and French BB's in port. Is it just a case of almost "suiciding" to get in close and obtain secondaries. Any hints appreciated.

Cheers.

yea i just took a secondary bb. if you dont have any take a french quick shooting bb 

[SVX]
Players
1,380 posts
16,311 battles
Just now, koliber_1984 said:

Cheater! :Smile_trollface:

hey i cant help that the enemy had 1 afk kremlin that i just destroyed with secondaries only :cap_win:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
38 posts
1 hour ago, albin322 said:

i did in 2 games in ohio ! 

A laugh but not overly helpful I am afraid - unless of course you want to arrange for an AFK BB in front of me next game LOL.

Players
1,072 posts
1 hour ago, Khaba_Gandalf said:

Coop + Massa, Georgia or Ohio and it was a cakewalk for me. 

Co-op can be a double-edged sword, on the one hand the bots will be obliging enough to charge straight for you but on the other, the games are (still) over very quickly and it's usually settled by a couple of waves of torps from the destroyers and brief mopping up from whoever managed to get into range/line of sight.

Generally though, I'd look at German battleships for the secondaries; I can usually get 120+ hits with them in Bayern for a reasonably decent game (then add in maybe 50-60 other misc. ribbons). Include more-fire and secondaries flags for best effect, don't forget AA flag for a little extra edge in picking up aircraft kills. Every little helps!

[-TPF-]
Players
4,653 posts
19,105 battles

Co-op and Jean Bart, usually. On a good game I can normally get about 250-300 ribbons. But you can do the same with Normandie if you don't have a JB - she has good speed so the reds aren't all dead by the time you get there and she has lots of secondaries (including front-facing ones). 

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
412 posts
9,594 battles

I did it co-op with Bismarck, Odin, Massa and Georgia.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,120 posts
22,898 battles

I used my secondary specced Alsace with a dedicated 19p secondary meme captain for maximum  funzies. :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,308 posts
20,574 battles

Co op with Bismarck for me. Openly said I wanted to get secondaries hits at the start of the battle, turns out most other BBs were doing the same so we usually agreed not to use our main guns except on DDs (due to torps) farmed a good few hundred hits ever battle. 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,902 posts
15,440 battles
4 hours ago, Marydoll said:

Any hints appreciated.

I just cycled through my various manly BBs in Coop (so, T8+ KM, a couple of the French, plus MAs and GA); the most effective were those with engine boost, as that helps get you close enough for secondaries before allied DDs have torped everything - JB and GA for example.

(I would have stuck to just the optimal one or two, but thought I might as well knock off a few first win bonuses and contribute a bit to the Bismarck Cathedral mission at the same time.)

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
15 hours ago, Marydoll said:

Cheers.

Yep, sec spec Burgogne in coop did it for me within like half an hour or so...

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,188 posts
9,978 battles
15 hours ago, Marydoll said:

Cheers.

If you dont have any actual Secondary Spec BBs which have useful fast Firing Secondaries.

You can use any other BB too.

Most BBs have Secondaries even if they dont do any Real Damage.

Just go into Coop. Load HE. And Push toward NPC BBs while Shelling them with HE and driving Circles in 4km Distance to them.

Of course if you do have any Actual Secondary Specced BBs with useful Secondaries. Use these. As its the easiest way for a Battleship to get 300+ Ribbons per Battle.

Coop is Generally easier for this by the way cause the Enemy willingly comes Forward to you and wont Focus you down if you do the same.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles

Co-op Bismarck, around 200 secondary hits per game guaranteed. Just pray that human DDs are not numerous and proficient. Probably doing it at low population times may help.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
9 minutes ago, JapLance said:

Just pray that human DDs are not numerous and proficient.

Thats where the Burgogne part comes in, slam on the engine booster and shove it to the firewall, gl with killing everything before I get within sec range... ^^

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
132 posts
11,278 battles

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with it not registering ribbons? Are some of what they list, not actually counted for this? I did over 300 yesterday and added another 300+ today (not trying just playing normal but I note this crap down :) ) and it says the total is 426 ???? My internet has been having problems so I wonder if it did not register? Just checking if anyone else has encountered this?

Update :  My ISP sorted out my internet and it seems to be going fine now fingers crossed :)

Edited by Magecraft
Update

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,021 battles
19 minutes ago, Magecraft said:

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with it not registering ribbons? Are some of what they list, not actually counted for this? I did over 300 yesterday and added another 300+ today (not trying just playing normal but I note this crap down :) ) and it says the total is 426 ???? My internet has been having problems so I wonder if it did not register? Just checking if anyone else has encountered this?

"1,600 Ribbons in a Battleship"

I think it has to be any tier V-X BB, but must be in a BB, not other class.

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
866 posts
6,568 battles

Picked Odin for ribbons mission because T10 is infested with Halland and lame britbb

Get Halland and a britbb chasing me all game in addition to a wooster

T7 it is then, or T5 maybe. 

Sign in to follow this