Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.9.11 - 0.9.12, New Year Celebration and other new content. (DB 89)

36 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,203 posts
4,321 battles

Hi,

The Public Test for updates 0.9.11 and 0.9.12 will begin soon: expect the new branch of U.S. battleships to be coming out of early access, New Year celebrations, a new Dockyard event, and other new content.

Read more.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles

All I am going to say to this one is yare yare ("oh dear", appropriately enough, in Japanese)

[T-N-T]
Players
3,803 posts
18,625 battles

Umm, 8k dubloons for Hizen? Yeah, well...

Then again, if I can actually get Strasbourg for free (without having to grind like a madman for a month straight), I'm happy. The ship will probably also get nerfed to the ground like all free ships lately, but it should remain beautiful (in the normal permacamo).

Yahagi would be another "fun" T5 ship in addition to Mikoyan or Krasny Krym. Or soon Oklahoma...

Coal is always welcome for the snowflakes, guess steel as well (the ship has long sailed on steel being purely a competitive ressource) and obviously the santa boxes.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
14,718 battles

Campaign reward Strasbourg is lovely, I was looking forward to this ship so to earn her for free is endearing.

I am sure the free tier 5 permacamos will also be appreciated by others.

Snowflakes that reward Coal over 3 tiers, Steel over 2 tiers and Containers for tier 10. For this I am very grateful.

Kure Harbour looks great, I found the city ports of previous years seasonal but somewhat claustrophobic.

Dockyard Hizen, as someone who enjoys the Dockyard mechanic a lot this also excites me, the Dockyard design looks new (I feared oversaturating events with Dockyards would start to damage some of the shine from the spectacle with a sense of repeated use of art assets and such) and two more free premiums among the rewards is generous, even if Tachibana is low tier and Yahagi is rather underpowered and unpopular...

Hizens dockyard camo is also quite pretty in my opinion.

Concerns lie with one thing.

4 stages for Hizen that must be purchased means a minimum spend of 7,800 dubloons to obtain her. This is a pretty good price for a tier 9 premium BB for sure (and most likely some coal or steel as one of the other rewards in the final four stages), and perhaps there will be another "starter" bundle that contains a few stages at a discounted rate so the price may be lower still.

So the concern really is, will people be required to retire from their jobs and families to stand any hope of obtaining the 22 free stages needed to receive the ship? Will the directives be full of "cause 6 million damage" and "kill 45 ships" and "incapacitate 200 modules", or have you really learned your lesson from last year?

Tentatively pleased with the announced content, I hope for a New Year event like I used to enjoy in the past. I hope WG truly asks their community to do nothing more than play their game a bit over the new year period and reward us for being a passionate playerbase.

• Cool 10

Players
1,070 posts
15,102 battles

Just a heads up the announced Snowflake reward structure is the same as last year in 0.8.11

d096e2e6-1901-11ea-90b8-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

These maybe still subject to change.

Please, WG, a small token for Tier 2-4 Premium ships? Pretty please?

Tier 5 400 Coal

Tier 6 500 Coal

Tier 7 750 Coal

Clan Bonus of up to 10% on top of that.

So you can start calculating your Christmas haul :cap_happy:

• Cool 7

[R3B3L]
Players
1,425 posts
32,703 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

4 stages for Hizen that must be purchased means a minimum spend of 7,800 dubloons to obtain her.

There will be a "discounted" starte-bundle, according to Crysantos on stream.

Sadly i didn´t hear the price of the bundle (was making coffee atm).

btw I consider Yahagi strong and fun. In a way "Yoshino light". You guys should get it (at stage 15).

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
14,718 battles
1 minute ago, VIadoCro said:

btw I consider Yahagi strong and fun. In a way "Yoshino light". You guys should get it (at stage 15).

I would love her a lot more if she didn't have such awful ballistics at range.

Great torps though.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
52 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

I would love her a lot more if she didn't have such awful ballistics at range.

Great torps though.

Slightly wider torp angles would be nice too..

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
7 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

Yahagi is a light cruiser with crappy shells, Yoshino is a supercruiser with actually good ballistics and all. If you want " Yoshino light" at T5, get a Furutaka. That one at least can claim to have some tankiness and AP power with great HE alpha. 

• Cool 3

[R3B3L]
Players
1,425 posts
32,703 battles
1 hour ago, HaachamaShipping said:

If you want " Yoshino light" at T5

.. I´d still take the Yahagi. Because I made this comparison especially with the strong and long-ranged torpedoes in mind.

While Furutaka is the better ship overall.

Players
2,754 posts
15,320 battles

Compensation for Yahagi will be 4,000 Doubloons, nice.

Depending on the severity of a grind stage 15 may be unreachable to people with a life though..

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,651 battles
8 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

So the concern really is, will people be required to retire from their jobs and families to stand any hope of obtaining the 22 free stages needed to receive the ship? Will the directives be full of "cause 6 million damage" and "kill 45 ships" and "incapacitate 200 modules", or have you really learned your lesson from last year?

Dockyard event will last for two patches, just like those for Odin and Anchorage ...

The groups of combat missions will span two updates—0.9.12 and 0.10.0, and the Dockyard itself will remain in your Ports until the end of Update 0.10.1.

... so there should be enough time to grind it. 

Players
257 posts
9,414 battles

Finally a Japanese focus event!!!! I just hope Hizen holds to be a good ship. Little afraid after all the nerfs!! 

Very happy to see Kure harbour. 

The event seems better overall than last year. 

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

.. I´d still take the Yahagi. Because I made this comparison especially with the strong and long-ranged torpedoes in mind.

While Furutaka is the better ship overall.

Issue is, the torps on Yahagi are the biggest point it has over the Furutaka. Meanwhile noone should play Yoshino just for the 20 km torps. Yoshino is a gun-focused ships and the guns are actually very solid, not the crap the Yahagi gets, even for its tier.

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles

The two temporary campaigns remind me of the old days :Smile_trollface:

In a sense they are the same: one gives you Strasbourg (in the past it was Graf Spee) and the other gives you Tech-Tree ships with premium camos (in teh past Santa's Christmas convoys)

[T-N-T]
Players
3,803 posts
18,625 battles
3 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

In a sense they are the same: one gives you Strasbourg (in the past it was Graf Spee) and the other gives you Tech-Tree ships with premium camos (in teh past Santa's Christmas convoys)

Question is, is it the old days before or after the change to the mission durations for EU. If "after", I welcome my new Strasbourg and some T5 permacamos. If "before", I curse the damn event.

Also, are people seriously mentioning Yahagi in one sentence with Yoshino, or gods forbid, even the mighty Furutaka?!

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles

11 minuti fa, Toivia ha scritto:

Question is, is it the old days before or after the change to the mission durations for EU. If "after", I welcome my new Strasbourg and some T5 permacamos. If "before", I curse the damn event.

Also, are people seriously mentioning Yahagi in one sentence with Yoshino, or gods forbid, even the mighty Furutaka?!

i think after, it's just that it reminded me of those two campaigns. I might try Strasbourg, even tho i don't really need it because i already have Dunkerque and JB, so even if i won't get it, i wouldn't have lost anything particular. I'm not really interested in the other campaign and Hizen is too much for me. We'll see.

And yes; people are mentioning Yahagi, Yoshino and Furutaka :Smile_facepalm:. I mean, if you get it for free, whatever, you got it for free, who cares; but why would anyone spend money on it. 

That's my problem with the Dockyard, 2 premium ships are nice but the fact that they are Tachibana (which is okay, but it's Tier 2) and Yahagi makes them very meh. 

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,103 posts
23,357 battles
4 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I am afraid you need the Strassbourg to start the 2nd campaign with the silver ships and camo’s. Like in earlier years. So you would either be pushed to get Strassbourg for money with the bonus that you get an immediate bonus for starting campaign directly and most probably an easier way to push through the original Strassbourg campaign so you can get the doubloons back for earning her again. If you want Strassbourg for free you have a tougher grind and almost no time left to start let alone finish the other campaign.

[BHSFL]
Players
561 posts
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

I am afraid you need the Strassbourg to start the 2nd campaign with the silver ships and camo’s.

Why? Just look at what they are ... all T5 tech tree you never really use.

My fear is they try to push people into Random by having BS requirements for Strassbourg, if anything WG shown me to be weary of so called "gifts" as their strings attached make you work harder for something that would cost you less if you worked for certain fast food chains for the same time.

Players
1,070 posts
15,102 battles
44 minutes ago, WWDragon said:

Why? Just look at what they are ... all T5 tech tree you never really use.

My fear is they try to push people into Random by having BS requirements for Strassbourg, if anything WG shown me to be weary of so called "gifts" as their strings attached make you work harder for something that would cost you less if you worked for certain fast food chains for the same time.

Because of this:

840234d6-1b4e-11ea-8008-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-0811/

and previously, this:

image.thumb.png.3fb933249a5b1d0515877d5dc85738b9.png

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/prinz-eitel-friedrich/

[BHSFL]
Players
561 posts
20 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Because of this:

Oh yes, they did that true ... maybe they will do the same, dont know.

I am not terrible interested in those T5s as I unlocked then already and its not like unlocking a T6 CV that is PAINFUL for all involved, as long Strassbourg isnt a complete slog with mandatory PvP I am fine with it.

Players
120 posts

Before I got to write this I read and re-read and re-analyzed everything.

Yeah WG thinking has evolved and as always in the wrong direction. Last year they scalped (me included because I had to buy it after Boosters) 59000 doubloons for T10, now they'll scalp 50700 doubloons for T9 (nominal value of 19200 doubloons).

Yes, yes you get Tachibanana which is fun, but useless. Yahagi, by far worst Japanese ship from T5 upward, just no competition and I'll take KKrym or Genova any day over this piece of antiquated equipment. It's easy money, no effort required, giving away useless/meaningless premiums (Oklahoma) - they sold probably 10 Yahagis, I bought one to warn others not to buy. I bet they'll sell 50k Hizens on first day. Whales will see Steel-4-$, RP-4-$ and grind their asses without thinking. It's not like I can't afford Hizen. Oh yes I can, but if grind is as moronic as for PR then this event is DOA. I was so excited for Hizen (before nerfs) and for new Dockyard, but when everything was unveiled I feel like kicked in the stomach. When it was revealed that Hizen is the Dockyard it became clear as day why it's being battered DB after DB... I'm sure there are areas to screw more still. It's the first BB which has first turret in sizable part outside the citadel, let's move it completely outside. :Smile_facepalm:

Old/New Year T8/9 camo is lamest copy/paste job since beginning of this game which says a lot. I work with 3D so WG can fool layman, but transferring existing set of textures to new mesh that's what day/two of work (me as a single individual, not world wide corporation which has whole 3D departament). They don't have even to re-texture same objects (e.g. identical turrets or AA guns, just using same kind of asset between tiers: e.g. US 40mm quad Bofors emplacement is still the same no matter what Tier and ship). Yes it's free, yes, it's copycat lame, yes, it's the WG way. You can't even see ship silhouette under that x-mas kitch. I so hate T8 that I'd applied it to only one ship: Albermale - fitting pairing. Double hate (and I've played cruisers more by faaaar than anything else).

Reward should provide some tangible benefit (especially if you blow 180 Euros on them), not some scraps for money. Is 7500 coal a reward? You can do that in 1 or max 4 days with minimum effort without spending a dime and worst container luck possible. 100k coal, 250k cmdr exp, 10M credits yeah that's something you can see. Premium time, lol that's biggest scam in this game. Unless you play like 20h/day then yes it has some value. When you play 1 hour maybe 2 then it's completely irrelevant. Scammy container or two which give something to 1 person per 25000 of users. No thank you - zero value at all. Signals, LOL. Camouflages are worth less than credits you can sell them for. Take away these 'rewards' and lower price to the actual value of T9 then it'll start to become interesting.

• Cool 2

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles

So the best way to prepare for this Coal farm event is to buy back all tier 7 ships back, and lower tiers.

Tier 7 is cheaper in Credits value over tier 8 ship and especially tier 9 that gives the same reward. T7 = 750 Coal / T8-9 = 75 Steel which is the same if you care only about Coal.

[T-N-T]
Players
3,803 posts
18,625 battles
3 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

So the best way to prepare for this Coal farm event is to buy back all tier 7 ships back, and lower tiers.

Tier 7 is cheaper in Credits value over tier 8 ship and especially tier 9 that gives the same reward. T7 = 750 Coal / T8-9 = 75 Steel which is the same if you care only about Coal.

Why do you think I value port slots so much?

If you never sell the ships, no need to buy them back. And how many snowflake-type events do we now get per year? Four, five? Imagine selling/buying all the appropriate ships each time*. Geez...

*Without even the economics, the time you'd spent in the CPU intensive and laggy port for that.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this