Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.9.11 - 0.9.12, new ships. (DB 90)

30 comments in this topic

Players
2,043 posts
3,898 battles
6 minuti fa, Herwarth ha scritto:

And also the "Z" turret (turret B is the 2nd forward turret) wouldn't rotate 360 degrees

There is enough space for Turret Z to turn 360°, because the turrets' turn axis is from the center of the barbette; you don't take the gun lenght an put it backwards, that's not how it works. 

For X turret there's barely enough space to turn 360°, it's really close, but it can.

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,898 battles
21 ore fa, wot_2016_gunner ha scritto:

There is enough space for Turret Z to turn 360°, because the turrets' turn axis is from the center of the barbette; you don't take the gun lenght an put it backwards, that's not how it works. 

For X turret there's barely enough space to turn 360°, it's really close, but it can.

Btw, Flambass encountered one in his latest video, you can see the back turrets just turning freely

[T-N-T]
Players
3,812 posts
18,806 battles
On 11/2/2020 at 7:59 PM, Herwarth said:

And also the "Z" turret (turret B is the 2nd forward turret) wouldn't rotate 360 degrees. 

image.thumb.png.15c45c6f6deb0b970e7b3634f2f12d79.png

Oh, and while we're at it, here's the ultimate reason why no german ship would've EVER been named Ludendorff in the 1920s, 30s or 40s:

• The Weimar Republic hated him for being an extreme right anti-republican coup monger who constantly spoke about abolishing the entire system and establishing a dictatorship.
  • The german military didn't particularly like him because he did establish a dictatorship towards the end of WWI and lost the damn war, then spent his postwar years complaining about the military high command.
  • The nazis expelled him from the party for being too insane, EVEN FOR THEM, and for costing them a lot of prestige in his failed presidential election in 1925, an election in which he ignored Hitler's instructions and tried to take over the party.
  • The people of Germany didn't care for him all that much, as was evidenced in his electoral failure.

So tell me, under which circumstances would any of these groups, the Weimar Republic, the Reichswehr/Wehrmacht, the nazi government or even the german people as a whole, propose naming one of their main battleships after him?

All of the ships mentioned, Stalingrad, Lenin, Piotr Vielkij, Molotov, Richelieu, Charles Martel, were either based on existing ships, named like real ships or taken from the names their countries planned to use.

If that is correct, I wish this had been raised as the reason for not naming the BB after Ludendorff. From what I saw on the forums, the complaints were that he was too connected with nacism and therefore shouldn't have the ship named after him (which ironically would be a good argument for me as to why a nazi BB would have been named after him and thus it would have been a realistic name).

[DBB]
Players
119 posts
7,483 battles
On 11/2/2020 at 4:15 PM, wot_2016_gunner said:

The actual wrong take I made was completely misreading what the guy said.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,287 posts
43,431 battles

Equipped with deep torpedoes that can not hit destroyers, cruisers, or submarines.

So it'll have same torps as Asashio?

Sign in to follow this