You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WarDax

How can one do better screenshots? Hud is in the way, camera is locked midship... tips?

20 comments in this topic

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts

I like to make screenshots of my, and others, vessels in game - just for the beauty of them -  but I have some difficulties specified below, if anyone has some tips to work around them?

• In Port you can zoom and move around a bit, if you are in an urban Port, like Hamburg, stuff will get in your way while angling the view, so you go to Ocean, but still you cant really move around the camera as you would like, for one thing the ocean itself blocks low angled views and the focus on the midship is something you cant get rid of, AFAIK.
  • When your ship has sunk in battle you can move around with the camera quite freely after hitting "SHIFT" and using WASD, but there are still limitations in getting close to ships and good angles.
  • In game it is of course a lot harder since the hud is in the way, even after been sunk.

Is there any setting I am missing to make the hud go away or to move the camera more freely to get better angles for my screenshots?

I attach an example where just about everything is in the way, but perhaps not such a bad screenie after all from the map Neighbours

shot-20_06.10_15_56.52-0698.thumb.jpg.c7612232750bab03cbdff8ee78333ae5.jpg

I never realized the game made bubbles... :cap_cool:

image.thumb.png.3f3f500aee0d1e817e1db0b264dd6b93.png

Odin in Hamburg after completing the German Dry Dock

aegir-in-hamburg.thumb.jpg.a28c7eb8892c756f939ede66fb1b2d17.jpg

A screenie of a fun Tirpitz, taken after my demise. I could not get a better angle to cover the entire ship, nor a lower angle for better perspective. Player info edited out by me.

shot-20_06.20_12_06.01-0875.thumb.png.89fbf2d7811d1e7a1009b61039bb236c.png

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
1 hour ago, WarDax said:

I attach an example where just about everything is in the way, but perhaps not such a bad screenie after all from the map Neighbours

You reversed into that harbour in a RANDOM battle, doing absolutly NOTHING for over 5 minutes, just take EFFIN screenshots?

Does is get in your head, that you can go into a training room if you want to take pictures like that? You

• Cool 1

Players
3,108 posts
37 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You reversed into that harbour in a RANDOM battle, doing absolutly NOTHING for over 5 minutes, just take EFFIN screenshots?

Does is get in your head, that you can go into a training room if you want to take pictures like that? You

It solves a mystery for me about certain players and I thank him for it. Also the guy in reddit that admitted he'd been sailing the maps for years enjoying the waters. While perhaps anorthodox it is a perfectly legit reason to play the game :)

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
5 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

While perhaps anorthodox it is a perfectly legit reason to play the game :)

Actually its not, playing passively is against the rules, see this:

5. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

5.08. Repetitive and excessive passive play

• Cool 1

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

I was waiting for that post and ignoring it.

• Bad 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
51 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

5. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

5.08. Repetitive and excessive passive play

2 minutes ago, WarDax said:

I was waiting for that post and ignoring it.

Can you forward this to the appropriate places please @Excavatus since he is even unwilling to see his rule violation? Thanks.

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I am not here to elaborate on my behaviour in a battle that took place several weeks ago, rest assured I do my part and was close to that section of the map to begin with. Graf Spee is quick on the rudder and not a sluggish elefant so it was a quick thing to do.

EDIT.

Actually why not elaborate. This the exact date and time specified by the picture EXIF data in CET when I did that manouever June 10 at 15:56.52.  If @Excavatus pops by he is more than welcome to forward it to WG for appropriate punishment, IF they can see any infraction.

Now keep on topic please.

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
4 hours ago, Frakagain said:

Control + j turns off the HUD in battle. Try playing with it off.😀

I did, after being killed in my Prinz Eugen, and got a few beautiful shots of a Yamato firing and receiving hits in a session earlier today. I am just not happy with the height of the angle, would be nicer to be able to get lower or closer to the water .

I enclose a picture of my sinking ship for some of the aggressive morons above, timestamp : today 17:52.18 

shot-20_10.21_17_52.18-0615.thumb.jpg.cf6678e798c90f3a8fc4631f2a68a925.jpg

Yamato, timestamp 17:54.17

shot-20_10.21_17_54.17-0011.thumb.jpg.7066da8b355a41e360ebbdf2dd94b3a9.jpg

One also have a few secs to take pictures of sorrounding ships in the starting formation... they are a bit further away, probably better when on a map with close formations...

This picture was taken during the 30 seconds countdown, are you going to accuse me of passivity here to.. @ForlornSailor, @lossi_2018 ???

shot-20_10.21_17_39.35-0400.thumb.jpg.0d45fcf2ae4afe3abf7cd88d2ef0d50a.jpg

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
16 minutes ago, WarDax said:

This picture was taken during the 30 seconds countdown, are you going to accuse me of passivity here to..

I think i replied to someone saying, that "a guy from reddit" was sailing around looking at the water, legitimizing this action. Which it isnt.

But since you wanna hear it apparently: You reversing into the harbour with Graf Spee can also be seen as passivity/inactive gameplay. You can do the same things in traning room, without interfering with others, who wanna play the game :cap_fainting:

• Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
5 posts
93 battles

- Violates game rules

- Gets told he is in conflict with rules

- doesnt care

- insults other forumites

Bold move. Bold move.

• Boring 1

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
Just now, DFens_666 said:

I think i replied to someone saying, that "a guy from reddit" was sailing around looking at the water, legitimizing this action. Which it isnt.

But since you wanna hear it apparently: You reversing into the harbour with Graf Spee can also be seen as passivity/inactive gameplay. You can do the same things in traning room, without interfering with others, who wanna play the game :cap_fainting:

If you responded to the reddit implication, well, sorry for the mistake, I dont use Reddit,  mostly a shitty spamfest.

I agree that had I been there for a significant amount of time - I dont know, 3-4 minutes or more - it would seriously hamper the overall action, but I wasn't.

• Bad 1

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
4 hours ago, Frakagain said:

Control + j turns off the HUD in battle. Try playing with it off.😀

Easy with Mikasa. Just steer the ship close to enemies!

• Funny 1

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
5 hours ago, WarDax said:

I like to make screenshots of my, and others, vessels in game - just for the beauty of them

I admit to avidly collecting screenshots myself, here are some! :Smile_honoring:

shot-20.10.05_13.31.52-0374.jpg

shot-20.08.25_18.29.46-0630.jpg

shot-20.09.08_15.51.08-0237.jpg

shot-20.09.22_13.52.19-0439.jpg

shot-20.10.01_11.36.52-0744.jpg

shot-20.10.01_16.09.21-0154.jpg

shot-20.10.02_15.11.12-0128.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts

Hi @PeteEarthling

Nice, the 1st (greenish) and 6th (darkish) has real cool atmospere about them...

The Harbour shot, is that three Hermelins? How did you do that, two shipmates?

Second and last are  real action shooot.. .cool with lost of splodeys..

Is that you on the beach having a Piña Colada?

5 goes to show how nice the water effects are in game...

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,108 battles
6 hours ago, WarDax said:

shot-20_06.10_15_56.52-0698.thumb.jpg.c7612232750bab03cbdff8ee78333ae5.jpg

You know, There is a training battles mode where you can go and get screenshots like this on any map without having to burden your team in randoms. 

• Cool 2

Players
3,108 posts
5 hours ago, WarDax said:

are you going to accuse me of passivity here to

I was speaking in jest and actually thought (perhaps erroneously) I wasn't offending. If I was I apologize, I'm not like that.

Thing is I'm catching flak from both sides now cuz of my comment lol:) talk about a double yammy haha :fish_aqua:

• Funny 1

Players
3,108 posts
6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I know cuz I read da rule book, but not eveyone loading up the game has :)

[NCDF]
Players
232 posts
6,723 battles

1. Control+Shift+Backspace enables free-camera mode.

2. Use trainingrooms to make screenshots of ports/islands...

• Cool 1

Players
1,184 posts
13,521 battles
17 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

This is a legit spawn spot for BBs in that map in randoms, so at the start of the battle it wouldve been valid for a bb.

Anyway; ctrl+j to turn off UI, ctrl+shift+backspace to access free camera (both in game and in replay)