Sign in to follow this  
Dumbdumle

Kansas, worse than tier 7 BB

71 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
5,576 battles

Kansas, what is wrong with this ship.? The pen values are worse than what colorada have,  less alpha, Same dispersion, but Sigma of 1.5 in Kansas.  it makes the German counterparts  guns (BB') like railguns when you compare them. I believe I can accept dispersion,Sigma  in rgards of 12 barrels, but then it should not have 40 sec reload. Not to mention the Speed and maneuverability, which is worst of all BB's.

It seems to be same story with Minnesota. 

Is the line dead before it is rolled out? it's going to be a Painfull grind.

• Cool 3

[-RNR-]
Players
1,264 posts
9 minutes ago, Dumbdumle said:

Kansas, what is wrong with this ship.?

I'm sure there will be a spread sh!te somewhere or maybe graph even that proves it's fun to play and is a stunning ship in battle, a veritable Kremlin, if it turns up in my port it will go the same way as the German CV's.... I'm bad enough with a good ship without Sticking my neck out in one of the Battleslugs.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
3 hours ago, DoDo_Degecy said:

Again a huge big crap ship.
40sec reload, 1.5 sigma
And with this waste you have to go against tier 10 ships. GG WG

And it doesn't really get any better from there in this line. They all have those issues..

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
15 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I doubt you get better results with Colorado on Tier VIII.

I doubt that is true, you just come into almost every thread to crap on he OP, and many tiimes you do it so hastily that you are wrong. Maybe just stop this toxic behaviour, nobody is impressed with your quips. 

We're looking at relative performance per tier. Colorado, I got a Kraken in on my former account. Kansas, dont think Ik will get the same results with it

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
1 hour ago, rimmer_the said:

I doubt that is true, you just come into almost every thread to crap on he OP, and many tiimes you do it so hastily that you are wrong. Maybe just stop this toxic behaviour, nobody is impressed with your quips. 

We're looking at relative performance per tier. Colorado, I got a Kraken in on my former account. Kansas, dont think Ik will get the same results with it

Maybe you should explain why this would not be the case before spamming off-topic...

And if you want to talk about relative performance per Tier, that is a different topic.

[VTSPT]
Beta Tester
12 posts
14,210 battles

I got the Kansas yesterday done 2 battles and the ship is terrible, i hate it. Wargaming do something about it. 

Players
11 posts
12,844 battles
10 hours ago, lafeel said:

And it doesn't really get any better from there in this line. They all have those issues.. 

I don't think it will be a popular ship ....
The WG was outraged by these stats
I'm sorry because Montana is currently producing a value close to an unusable level.
I was hoping to be a sensible US Battleship. But not

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
5 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

It says a lot that they give you a T8 for free. I can't recall Tallinn being available this easily.

Getting free ships during early access is nothing special.

Tallinn had a random element to get her, but chances were quite high.

During the early access of normal lines, you could even get multiple ships.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,157 posts
22,986 battles

I'm of mixed feelings towards the ship.

On the one hand it's hilariously crippled and boring to play. I looked at one in my PR and a 3rd of his health just evaporated. It's incredibly boring to play.

But then there's the flip side, the concept of a mobile battery can work. Kansas can hurt people who misplay.

At the end of the day the Kansas just doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant a seat. It's just too hobbled compared to same tier ships.

Players
2 posts
5,576 battles
On 10/21/2020 at 2:09 PM, ColonelPete said:

Just finished the Line (162k rep on the ship), or I hope its enough.

Stats compared Taken from Profile in game:

COLORADO:28games 61%win, exp.2226avg. DMG 87093 avg.

KANSAS: 19 Games 42%win, Exp.1906avg. DMG 72708 avg.

More is available on various stat sites: Most and biggest different is Personal rating: COLORADO=1884,01 VS KANSAS=1186,63

Well below 10km the Ship works, but useally game is more or less finished when I experienced that range, And I had ZERO impact on the game what so ever.

Just hope vermont is decent enough, not needed to be OP, just decent and fun to play. 

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
8 minutes ago, Dumbdumle said:

Just finished the Line (162k rep on the ship), or I hope its enough.

Stats compared Taken from Profile in game:

COLORADO:28games 61%win, exp.2226avg. DMG 87093 avg.

KANSAS: 19 Games 42%win, Exp.1906avg. DMG 72708 avg.

More is available on various stat sites: Most and biggest different is Personal rating: COLORADO=1884,01 VS KANSAS=1186,63

Well below 10km the Ship works, but useally game is more or less finished when I experienced that range, And I had ZERO impact on the game what so ever.

Just hope vermont is decent enough, not needed to be OP, just decent and fun to play. 

• that are the values for Colorado on Tier VII
  • your stats do not decide the validity of my statement, especially with these few matches
  • the overall stats will show something different
  • PR says nothing about a ship

[-RNR-]
Players
1,264 posts

For those interested Aaroon has done a very good review of the Kansas and an in depth comparison with Colarado and North Caolina, some interesting facts and figures and interesting game play as well. myself I have not played it and don't intend to, no matter what is said by those devotees to the cause, I'd fall asleep between reloads, :cap_old:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
On 10/22/2020 at 5:57 AM, ColonelPete said:

Maybe you should explain why this would not be the case before spamming off-topic...

And if you want to talk about relative performance per Tier, that is a different topic.

Spamming is posting a lot in a short amount of time, which 'm not doing

Off-topic is something not relevant to the thread, which I am not doing. 

Both are your lies, put up as a distraction to avoid answering my actual point, and hypocritical. as instead of concentrating on the ship (Kansas). you are concentrating on attacking the large amount of  players who dare deviate from the opinion you cling to...

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
41 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

Spamming is posting a lot in a short amount of time, which 'm not doing

Off-topic is something not relevant to the thread, which I am not doing. 

Both are your lies, put up as a distraction to avoid answering my actual point, and hypocritical. as instead of concentrating on the ship (Kansas). you are concentrating on attacking the large amount of  players who dare deviate from the opinion you cling to...

My point is:

which you did not counter.

And commenting on my posting is off-topic, which you will probably not understand, not matter what, as you did it again... :Smile_facepalm:

[ODIUM]
Players
33 posts
5,843 battles

Hey i got the Kansas recently and after some test runs I desperately want to sell it.

Unfortunately there is no sell option! Bug? 

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,214 posts
10,294 battles
2 minutes ago, Dinichthys said:

Hey i got the Kansas recently and after some test runs I desperately want to sell it.

Unfortunately there is no sell option! Bug? 

Might be because it is still counted as a reward ship. After the US BB's goes live you will be able to sell it.

[THESO]
Players
1,599 posts
18,675 battles
10 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

My point is:

which you did not counter.

And commenting on my posting is off-topic, which you will probably not understand, not matter what, as you did it again... :Smile_facepalm:

Don't you think you are taking this topic a bit too literal? Does it really matter if one is technically right and the Kansas is not absolutely worse than the Colorado?

The message, as I understood it, was that the Kansas sucks. And so far nobody who played it has got a sudden rush of blood to the loins. Maybe you want to elaborate what you think of the Kansas.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
8 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Don't you think you are taking this topic a bit too literal? Does it really matter if one is technically right and the Kansas is not absolutely worse than the Colorado?

The message, as I understood it, was that the Kansas sucks. And so far nobody who played it has got a sudden rush of blood to the loins. Maybe you want to elaborate what you think of the Kansas.

That is just what he said...

And my comment would be no big deal without the personal attacks.

And as I said in other topics about her, I find her boring and ugly.

[-RNR-]
Players
1,264 posts

Well the mighty Kasas appeared in my port this morning, the art department have knocked the ball out of the park again, she looks like the stereo type Battleship from some of the models I made as a boy, so sad really that just a bit of common sense could have made it a nice ship to play instead of her being a Port Queen till I can sell it :Smile_sad:

It's still my opinion that all these crappy reload ships that keep appearing are a stealth buff for the Russian Fairy Tale Fleet :Smile_veryhappy:

Sign in to follow this