You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZaalKoris_vas_QwibQwib

Florida - just don't, ever. Kansas ... humble pie...

28 comments in this topic

Players
120 posts

So I've unlocked Kansas yesterday surprisingly quickly. Like 2.5 hours, simply amazed. Minnesota drive begun, should easily reach it before next patch.

I have to (James Brown) Say It Loud: I like it and I'm proud of it:Smile_teethhappy: Yes yes. I've said it's worst T8 BB and it still is in some aspects worse than Monarch.

Yeah it's 24.5 kt brick, but 24.5 is pretty standard not 20 as California and it doesn't lumber like Nelson, very cruiser like to turn. Yeah it has 40 seconds reload, but when you hit enemy vessel it hurts. Yeah accuracy sucks donkey ballz, but your shells actually matter when they connect. Yeah you're visible from the Andromeda Galaxy. Yeah it has good armor not like that behemoth Florida.... oh wait that's wrong because it's a good thing. So refreshing, not touching Florida anymore, end of this nightmare. Flo kind of works when dealing with only T5, but that's the extent of its usefulness.

I've got Florida to finish the 4th directive sooner - 500k HP is faster than 40000 base xp. But... big fat butt, WG pleasantly surprised me with only 5 requirements not 6. And Florida what a piece of useless equipment... One of the worst purchases I have ever made. In the same (trash) bag as Genova & Yahagi. Seriously I prefer California. I had many amazing games in Calif. Kraken, multiple quad kills, triples were so common I was really surprised. Florida is worse than Ferengi garbage scow, pened no matter the angle by everything except submarines...  :Smile_trollface: For those who think about Florida - just bloody don't. Get a Poltava, it's freaking 50x better.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
352 posts
9,037 battles

Got my Kansas last night and, while it isn't terrible, it is incredibly boring to play.

If it were just slowish then that's doable.

If it had just a slow reload then that's workable.

If it had just inaccurate guns then that's understandable.

If it had short range secondaries then that's manageable.

But, and it's a bigger but than the font could portray accurately, take all of them together and it's just dull, you constantly feel like you're not contributing to your team unless you find a position centrally which you can function from, otherwise it's just turgid.

• Cool 9

Players
1,876 posts
23,443 battles

Florida vs. KGV question:

British battleship KGV with 10 guns 356 mm  has 25 sec. reload,  60,5 k HP,  28 knots.

American Florida with 12 guns 356 mm  has 33,5 sec reload,  51, 8 k HP,  27 knots.

That's a HUGE difference.  So why is Florida so weak versus KGV? Some hidden Tomahawk missiles onboard or what?? Because of DFAA only? C'mon...

Thanks for anyone who will help me to solve this mystery. :cap_look:

• Cool 2

Players
2,797 posts
33,671 battles
28 minutes ago, Malim0o said:

Florida is way more accurate 

I don't have them yet and wonder how much Florida having 1.7 sigma while Kansas having 1.5 offset their weaknesses during the games respectively at tier 7 and 8. 

Beta Tester
3,612 posts
16,470 battles
20 minutes ago, Malim0o said:

Florida is way more accurate 

While Florida does have BC dispersion, it only has 1.7 sigma (vs. 1.8 on KGV) and it cannot equip ASM Mod.1.

It will still be more accurate, but maybe not by such a large difference. I would think that the 2 additional guns are actually more significant.

• Cool 1

Community Contributor
1,341 posts
17,742 battles
Il y a 12 minutes, __Helmut_Kohl__ a dit :

While Florida does have BC dispersion, it only has 1.7 sigma (vs. 1.8 on KGV) and it cannot equip ASM Mod.1.

It will still be more accurate, but maybe not by such a large difference. I would think that the 2 additional guns are actually more significant.

This ^^, so the verticale dispersion is clearly different .

Players
1 post
9,817 battles

I have just got the Kansas and I hate it, it's so so so SO boring and slow. The Florida is better I think even though it's very easy to citadel, you just have to be careful.

• Cool 1

Players
804 posts
7,978 battles

Not sure what it is about the KGV. I'm an average player, I hate RN battleships (to the point that I never bothered with Monarch and higher). And yet, the KGV makes me shine. Or I make it shine. I don't have an explanation. And it's even mostly fun to play. A mystery.

Beta Tester
3,612 posts
16,470 battles
9 minutes ago, Malim0o said:

This ^^, so the verticale dispersion is clearly different .

Let's compare the vertical dispersion on Montana (USN dispersion) and Thunderer (BC dispersion):

image.png.34faa7e012618411818ec7517c01df97.png

image.png.5ce0840f1d2a12485fb3659990fedb6c.png

image.png.f108fe9ecbf3963ed4ef249c91680bf2.png

Now let's factor in ASM Mod.1 (-7%) only for the Montana (which actually uses APRM2, doesn't matter here) and not for the Thunderer with it's BC dispersion:

6 km: 

10 km:

16 km:

Now remember that Florida has worse Sigma.

Do you still think this makes such a huge difference?

• Cool 1

Players
3,103 posts
29 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Not sure what it is about the KGV. I'm an average player, I hate RN battleships (to the point that I never bothered with Monarch and higher). And yet, the KGV makes me shine. Or I make it shine. I don't have an explanation. And it's even mostly fun to play. A mystery.

5 frontal guns

• Cool 1

Players
2,475 posts

Kansas has worse dispersion than Tirpitz and a measly +200 to AP damage... 36% Fire chance as opposed to 34% on Tirptiz... Poor secondaries and oh the long reload +14 seconds compared to Tirpitz...

Having played my Kansas in a Random game I can only say that it is okay. At one point I faced a Minotaur and was amazed by how much health I lost to it... It took 3 salvoes for me to delete the Minotaur, with 2 citadels on my final salvo.

I certainly wouldn't be choosing this ship for any games in the near future...

• Cool 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles
20 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

56 frontal guns

:fish_book:

The same is true of Monarch and Lion, though. They both have 3x3, A-B-X turret configurations. So if that's what makes KGV attractive over QE, there's no reason not to go up to the higher tiers.

Players
938 posts
6,584 battles

I have unlocked my two Kansae yesterday and today.

I have started playing them to maximize the amount of tokens I can get. Bot they are soooooo incredibly atrociously boring and aggravating to play. Slow, even slower reload, no secondaries which means you basically cannot react to ANYTHING that happens in game at a glacial pace in slow motion, let alone faster. I often disagree with Mr Gibbins' assessment of ships during his streams, but he could not be more correct with this line. I will probably only use this section of the US BB line for wins for rewards and specific missions, but for the rest of it they will be port queens.

Even worse: back line camping BB's are already overabundant in this game, and these will only add to an already serious in-game problem.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,647 posts
19,099 battles
6 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

6 guns firing ahead. Decent rudder shift and turning circle. Decent speed. Decent turret traverse. Armour scheme that allows for bow tanking. HE shells with a very high fire chance, and everything else perfectly competent. There's nothing bad about KGV, it's just a decent BB, and you don't have to fight anything about the ship while you're playing it. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
283 posts
6,940 battles

I gotta say, Kansas isnt as bad as i expected it. I'd say (after a few games of course) that it might be a tad more enjoyable than the Monarch.

[-AA-]
Weekend Tester
95 posts
20,277 battles

I managed to get Kansas and her special camo, thnx again WG.

Sad to say it is going to be a port queen besides the special token that needs to be knocked of during special events.

Nothing like Russian BB's and no need to play them otherwise sadly.

These new BB are the true meaning of the word battle snails and WG basically made another backline sniping support BB line.

Just can't imagine what WG was thinking when adding more of this gameplay destroying and decay starting mechanic but it certainly was not needed.

WoWs already has more of this in the game then is anyway near healthy for it, people play passive since HE spam BB, dd and cruisers.

And since sniping is rewarded, remember folks damage is XP, this downward spiral won't end soon, not if the rewards aren't altered drasticly.

Edited by Brinckie
Added more gibberish and some typo's :)

Players
2,292 posts
20,558 battles

Only just unlocked the Kansas and only taken it into coop, I don't think I would dare take it into randoms it's just far to slow with a painful reload leaving you at the mercy of your teams competence ( or rather lack thereof) and that the enemy CV wouldn't think yay big slow piñata.   

[CRU_]
Players
384 posts
9,871 battles

Got Kansas, won't be playing it, piece of crap, will sell it as soon as i'm able, give me the silver instead,  (that extends to the whole dumb line) anyway too many tard BBs camping behind [edited]islands already, game is already full to the throat with special need idiots in bbs.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,647 posts
19,099 battles

Kansas: the ugliest and most boring ship that WG have ever released.

And now I have it sitting in my port, leering at me like an inappropriately suggestive demo for push-fit UPVC plumbing.

I feel like Alec Guinness at the end of "The Bridge on the River Kwai". What have I done?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2