Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

bot cv's in co op , why?

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-LA-]
Players
706 posts
5,357 battles

last couple of days just about every single game ive played of co op , both sides have had a bot CV, 

 

maybe i always assumed there was a player before and didnt check but the rfequency has gone up from like 1/5 to 4/5 .

 

CV's really slow down a Co op game as you always have to drive across the map to find them so it sucks for that reason alone

 

but on a personal note im meant to be spotting 85 targets in a DD , i hate DD's if your going to force 80%+ of my games to be a wash out in co op i have no option but to go to the main mode and just yolo my [edited]off, and that seems like a bad idea.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
8 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

but on a personal note im meant to be spotting 85 targets in a DD

 

And now you know, why you have bot CVs :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles
7 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

huh?

cv bots cant aim worth a damn and are easy to bait into friendly AA halo's

And if you actually had bothered to read the OP, you'd have seen that the planes are not the problem, it's the time spent chasing down and killing the CV so the match will finish.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
323 posts
11,018 battles
10 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

huh?

cv bots cant aim worth a damn and are easy to bait into friendly AA halo's

Have you even read the OP? Cause you totally missed the point (or rather, both points).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,593 posts

That's easy. They are there to artificially lengthen Coop battles. If you thought Coops are a quick and easy way to complete missions, think again. Courtesy of WeeGee.

 

Thank you for your understanding. :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
6,053 posts
14,076 battles
20 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

last couple of days just about every single game ive played of co op , both sides have had a bot CV, 

 

maybe i always assumed there was a player before and didnt check but the rfequency has gone up from like 1/5 to 4/5 .

 

CV's really slow down a Co op game as you always have to drive across the map to find them so it sucks for that reason alone

 

but on a personal note im meant to be spotting 85 targets in a DD , i hate DD's if your going to force 80%+ of my games to be a wash out in co op i have no option but to go to the main mode and just yolo my [edited]off, and that seems like a bad idea.

The CV are in the coop because from time to time there are missions to shoot down planes and coop main players were complaining that they can not fulfill these missions.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts

Well one needs to farm the coop plane kills somewhere... :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,593 posts
3 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

The CV are in the coop because from time to time there are missions to shoot down planes and coop main players were complaining that they can not fulfill these missions.

 

WG apologist! :Smile-angry:

JK

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
1,095 posts
23,279 battles
33 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well one needs to farm the coop plane kills somewhere... :Smile_trollface:

yes, the only time I am actually happy to see a cv: Red team, bot and in co-op.

 

  1. Opportunity to kill planes for missions.
  2. Delay time for co op to end to get things like cap, farm exploration dmg etc..

The only time I actually “ missed” cv’s is the lack of opportunity to get things “ done” in co-op when they were temporarily out of business.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,070 posts
15,102 battles

Pros:

  • More XP for shooting down planes
  • Longer battles gives time to finish capping
  • Less likely to end the battle early due to zero points
  • CV is a defenceless XP piñata that can be farmed to death
  • Less competition for damage and kills because CVs are weak in co-op

Cons:

  • One unlucky DD gets spotted early and focused by the entire Red team
  • And then harassed constantly for being the closest enemy
  • Longer battles (like 2-3 minutes) 
  • If you want spotting ribbons, forget it.

Have I missed anything? On the whole, I think, more of an opportunity than a serious problem.

 

BTW have you noticed that bot aiming has improved this patch? Before you would only be hit if you were stationary, now you can be hit by bombs if travelling at a constant speed and constant course. The torp bombers attack pattern has changed and the torp spread can be incredibly narrow (inhumanly narrow).

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,593 posts
2 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

BTW have you noticed that bot aiming has improved this patch? Before you would only be hit if you were stationary, now you can be hit by bombs if travelling at a constant speed and constant course. The torp bombers attack pattern has changed and the torp spread can be incredibly narrow (inhumanly narrow).

 

The bots are learning....:Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,175 posts
13,483 battles
1 hour ago, SkollUlfr said:

huh?

cv bots cant aim worth a damn and are easy to bait into friendly AA halo's

theyre a lot better than most payer controlled CVs, but that says more about the average CV player. 

But thats not what the OP meant, he  means its not useful to put a bot CV on both human team and enemy team since that slows a coop battle down

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,228 posts
4,316 battles
6 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

The bots are learning....:Smile_unsure:

In comparison to humans 😉

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,890 posts
15,440 battles

I wonder if, for Coop only, a CV/No CV (if bot) checkbox might be remotely practical? By that I mean that in whatever circumstances you might get a bot CV, you can either opt in or opt out, but it has no effect on real person CV MM.

 

I suspect it'd be too much work, but it might be a fix for the contradictory aspects of having a bot CV in game:

  • Makes spotting missions in ships a total wash (I was doing the same mission as the OP yesterday, in French DDs - as good as it gets for early spots - and I think the best I did was two spots with a bot CV present).
  • Makes 'shoot planes' missions a lot more doable (and/or improves the game rewards if you shoot planes down).
  • Time issues (both ways).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,593 posts
38 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I wonder if, for Coop only, a CV/No CV (if bot) checkbox might be remotely practical? By that I mean that in whatever circumstances you might get a bot CV, you can either opt in or opt out, but it has no effect on real person CV MM.

 

I suspect it'd be too much work, but it might be a fix for the contradictory aspects of having a bot CV in game:

  • Makes spotting missions in ships a total wash (I was doing the same mission as the OP yesterday, in French DDs - as good as it gets for early spots - and I think the best I did was two spots with a bot CV present).
  • Makes 'shoot planes' missions a lot more doable (and/or improves the game rewards if you shoot planes down).
  • Time issues (both ways).

 

Remotely practical? Yes, but I would expect all non CV players to leave it unticked, and all the CV players to tick it. Capital idea, but let's improve on it. I'd say it would be even more practical for randoms? :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×