Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fleshcat

Why did WG design this American second BB line?

59 comments in this topic

[EON]
Players
37 posts
11,726 battles

These ships are slow, super long reload time. if you miss a salvo you are screwed. You can't retreat, you can't pursuit.

It's disgusting to play. Why did you design such a line????????? 

Is this some sort of russian bias? Look at 2nd russian cruiser line, and compare to this. 

• Cool 7

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

In short - to add variety in the game.

Surprisingly there are a lot of people who actually like the dreadnought like shotgun BBs.

It would work if they had better armor and super heal.

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

A line that has attractive features like a massive broadside salvo from a popular nation like the usa always gets a lot of players.

A line that has ships that are frustrating to play because they are slow to move and reload for instance makes a lot of people spend a ton of free xp or convert xp with dubloons just to skip much of the grind.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
30,933 posts
15,694 battles
13 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

A line that has ships that are frustrating to play because they are slow to move and reload for instance makes a lot of people spend a ton of free xp or convert xp with dubloons just to skip much of the grind.

To get the next slow ship?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yup until magical tier X is reached surely that one will fix all problems with the previous ships.

• Funny 2

[EON]
Players
37 posts
11,726 battles
23 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Surprisingly there are a lot of people who actually like the dreadnought like shotgun BBs.

I myself like dreadnought too, I remember someone suggested that WG should make a world war 1 dreadnought mode, I like this idea. 

but only if my teammates and opponents are ALL dreadnoughts.............they put a deadnought to fight against 75+ kt torpedos/45+ kt DDs, that's a disaster

• Cool 7

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Missing shots while you get firehosed ? Against enemies who run away instead of waiting for you to  close to shotgun range ? Anytime some uninformed baddie brings one of these team handicaps onto my team, they wil be reported. 

These things are bad, designed as free xp for Soviet BB's, CV's and you know it

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

A fallacy, crutching on the assumption that all players actually inspect the next ship in line. Another fallacy, that a ship's only defining characteristic is speed. 

Players
7,554 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

Missing shots while you get firehosed ? Against enemies who run away instead of waiting for you to  close to shotgun range ? Anytime some uninformed baddie brings one of these team handicaps onto my team, they wil be reported. 

It's sad because we were hoping for a line from at least tier 4, that would focus more on AA, Secondaries, Armour in-general while having bigger guns than their other counterparts nor being as fast, but so bloody slow that they couldn't do anything nor so inaccurate they couldn't even shoot themselves in the chest.

Or mostly a secondary, enhanced heal and whatever other characteristic line so that some other ships could be added in if they didn't go for the full on fantasy line.

Oh well.

[CATS]
Players
30,933 posts
15,694 battles
8 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

A fallacy, crutching on the assumption that all players actually inspect the next ship in line. Another fallacy, that a ship's only defining characteristic is speed. 

We were talking about slow ships...

And I am sure we have our share of clueless players, but these are beyond help. They perform badly anyway.

• Bad 1

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

We were talking about slow ships...

And I am sure we have our share of clueless players, but these are beyond help. They perform badly anyway.

No, you were, not all the peple in the thread. The use of "We" is about the biggest and weakest fallacy there is, anyway, and I'm puzzled why you stoop to it. 

• Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
30,933 posts
15,694 battles
6 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

No, you were, not all the peple in the thread. The use of "We" is about the biggest and weakest fallacy there is, anyway, and I'm puzzled why you stoop to it. 

Then read the post I was replying to... :Smile_facepalm:

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
39 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

I am not defending the line .... I just answered the question.

I for instance hate the Arizona .. never liked NewMex or Colorado ... I doubt that I will play the line anytime soon .... if ever.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles
16 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

No, you were

Literally the first four words in the thread are "These ships are slow"...

• Cool 1

Players
2,731 posts
15,245 battles

Why did WG design this American second BB line?

To make IJN torpedo boats great again!

• Funny 9

Players
270 posts
3,016 battles

The line is a FXP sponge. WG saw that too many players have stocked too much FXP or haven't spent enough on converting so they needed to diminish that resource. So they make this line that is so dull to play that it drives people to skip up the tiers in the hopes that the T10 is fun and in doing so consume all their FXP along the way.

Then oh no, you will have to spend money converting and buying flag packs to make up for the lost resources!

[ALONE]
Modder
2,313 posts
14,103 battles

I mean, they can't do much - so you cannot do much wrong in them.

While testing these I actually enjoyed the chilled experience.

Too slow to over-extend, you just drive around and shoot at things once a minute. :cap_tea:

• Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
30,933 posts
15,694 battles
21 minutes ago, The_White_Whale said:

The line is a FXP sponge. WG saw that too many players have stocked too much FXP or haven't spent enough on converting so they needed to diminish that resource. So they make this line that is so dull to play that it drives people to skip up the tiers in the hopes that the T10 is fun and in doing so consume all their FXP along the way.

They introduced the RB for that.

And no person in their right mind would use FXP on a line, they do not like.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,120 posts
22,898 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They introduced the RB for that.

And no person in their right mind would use FXP on a line, they do not like.

Amen. I used up over 1,5 mil. fXP to quickly power through regrinds to get Siegfried, a ship I really wanted.

Not going to spend 1 fXP on the new line, as slow ships and fast women are not my thing.

• Funny 4

[-TPF-]
Players
4,653 posts
19,105 battles
37 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Too slow to over-extend, you just drive around and shoot at things once a minute. :cap_tea:

I have the Viribus Unitis for that. And VU is actually quite effective, once you've got into range.

I was rather hoping these new ships were going to be the US equivalent of the Soviet BB line - resistant to HE spam, a heavy broadside, perhaps not the strongest belt armour but still fairly tanky, balanced by their speed and size. But they don't seem to be capable of very much at all. It's just another indifferent ship line in a game that has had too many, of late.

• Cool 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
4 hours ago, fleshcat said:

These ships are slow, super long reload time. if you miss a salvo you are screwed. You can't retreat, you can't pursuit.

It's disgusting to play. Why did you design such a line????????? 

Is this some sort of russian bias? Look at 2nd russian cruiser line, and compare to this. 

imagine now if they not design those, you probably would not be here atm and complain about that

Sign in to follow this