Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

PSA: don't forget to upgrade your new American BBs

24 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
6,973 posts
15,473 battles

Just the customary reminder whenever there is a new line on early release: don't forget to install the upgrades. Ships such as the new Fettleibig Colorado line on early release come fully researched, but in stock configuration.

The old lags will all know this, but just in case there are any newbies in the vicinity.

(It's a pity these ships are mind-meltingly dull; the T8 - at least - looks rather pretty with the eagle cammo.)

• Cool 8

[SVX]
Players
1,387 posts
16,415 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Just the customary reminder whenever there is a new line on early release: don't forget to install the upgrades. Ships such as the new Fettleibig Colorado line on early release come fully researched, but in stock configuration.

The old lags will all know this, but just in case there are any newbies in the vicinity.

(It's a pity these ships are mind-meltingly dull; the T8 - at least - looks rather pretty with the eagle cammo.)

unlocked the kansas today the whole ship screaaam mehhhh boat........

• Cool 2

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I'll wait until that line gets buffed, but thanks. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

Yea not to mention those two are such trash it doesnt really matter if you upgrade them or not, TBH for the first time in a long while I am considering just ignoring an entire new line of ships permanently...

Oh and yes I got both T8 and T9 so we are clear here, too slow to find good broadsiding positions, too fragile to be good tanks in every tier there are better ships for their role...

IDK if Vermont might save the line with her 12x18" but honestly I am starting to be doubtful there as well...

• Cool 3

[SINT]
Players
1,103 posts
23,357 battles

Well received my Kansas today. Positive point was that the final mission part only required 5 sub missions to be completed in stead of the normal 6 required.

So atleast this sub line was introduced without RNG to get pre access to a T8 ( the Kansas). Missions were doable. If WG communicated clearer and earlier regarding the extra bonus weekend token missions maybe more players would have had a chance to save their tokens for the 5th part to get the perm camo for the Kansas too. So with a small deduction point for communication WG gave us a T8 and the attached perm camo for a doable grind of a new research line... and without the need to draw your wallet...unlike earlier pre releases..And without rng token drops etc..

So some congratulations for WG for that.

That only leaves the fact that this line is at best meh...

Will play Kansas some coop times to get the last 400 tokens for that mission, make up my mind and just keep it in port ( won’t sell, don’t need the silver, port space) and just have another ship in port for the typical snowflake event.. and like the regular dd lines that I stopped at T8 ( after grinding the modules though)but still managed to progress in xp halfway towards T9 by playing them in coop for missions etc maybe I will also reach Minnesota in due time...but not soon.

• Cool 1

Players
10,383 posts
12,044 battles
6 hours ago, rimmer_the said:

I'll wait until that line gets buffed, but thanks. 

Given they were nerfed in supertest... I doubt any buffs would follow.

Players
1,070 posts
15,102 battles

I got Kansas and remembered to select the available module upgrades for Hull "B" and Fire Control, but haven't bothered with the Upgrades like DCSM1. Kansas can't benefit from any dispersion improvements and I'm waiting for a discount weekend to equip new additions to the fleet.

But what do you take for Minnesota? Main Battery Modification 3 to reduce loading time, or Artillery Plotting Room 2 to tighten dispersion?

Players
10,383 posts
12,044 battles
16 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

But what do you take for Minnesota? Main Battery Modification 3 to reduce loading time, or Artillery Plotting Room 2 to tighten dispersion?

The same kind of decision you have to pick with other US battleboats.

I suppose dispersion, so you don't have to come up with follow up salvo on the same target.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,214 posts
10,290 battles
28 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Always dispersion on US BB's because you get a bit shafted by not getting the basic -7 module, so that -11% is almost too good to pass up on. The argument could be better reload on this new line, but I would argue against it because 5 second faster reload is not worth it if you can't reliably make your shots count in the first place.

• Cool 2

Players
10,383 posts
12,044 battles
5 hours ago, rimmer_the said:

But why ?

To convince players to part ways with Free Exp to get that dangling carrot of 12gun 457mm battleboat.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

They are worse then meh IMO, they are simply bad, at least T8 and 9 are, cant comment on Vermut and her 18" cruiser poppers ofc but for instance - why take slow and fragile Minolta over Pommern that has 12 barrels, turtleback, torps and is faster? Ok occasionally maybe you slap an overmatchable cruiser or T7 BB but how often will that exact situatuon happen IRL IDK and in the meanwhile you get a much weaker overall package...

Also those 16" AP shells are really nothing to write home about either nowadays and firing HE on a BB just to get some damage in...

Players
1,884 posts
23,211 battles

Protip: Sell that Kansas junker immedeatley and enjoy millions of credits. 

I made one battle in it, was even in the T6-T8 bracked. This ship is so bad, like in any other T8 BB i would have performed better. 

Dispersion is bad, penetration is bad, speed is bad, AA not found, armor is bad (HE-Spam).... like seriously I cant find any redeeming feature (except the looks, i really like it). 

Why would anyone pick this over NC?

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles

What do people stuff in upgrade slot 3 of the Kansas? Premium turret lube or extra range?

I'm normally happy as long as range >20 km at those tiers, but given the sluggish speed of these chonkers I'm thinking a bit of extra range might not be entirely pointless? Or is the shell speed and dispersion so bad that it's worthless anyway?

[BASIC]
Players
802 posts
21,871 battles
7 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

What do people stuff in upgrade slot 3 of the Kansas? Premium turret lube or extra range?

I'm normally happy as long as range >20 km at those tiers, but given the sluggish speed of these chonkers I'm thinking a bit of extra range might not be entirely pointless? Or is the shell speed and dispersion so bad that it's worthless anyway?

I took secondary range for lolz, 6.3 km sec.range is so fun, I even shot 2 dd's with it. BTw with Halsey on board, turrets do 36s turn, it's enough for me. BTW AA is realy good vs T8 CV.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,816 battles
38 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I use lube. You cant use too much lube. 

Range is 22km+, 24km+ in T10, plenty enough

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles
2 minutes ago, kfa said:

I use lube. You cant use too much lube. 

takei_oh_my_wink.gif.f29c39aa2ecf09a480467a097991944d.gif

Sounds like the most sensible option, but I'll probably just try it out for a game or two with the slot unoccupied to see if any quality sticks out as particularly bad.

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
4,401 battles
On 10/21/2020 at 2:16 AM, albin322 said:

unlocked the kansas today the whole ship screaaam mehhhh boat........

What do you expect Kansas is based on this South Dakota 1920 design!

NH_44895_South_Dakota_class_battleship_(BB_49-54).tif.jpg