Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
admiralgpt

Youre favourite landscaping fails

26 comments in this topic

[NMA]
Players
130 posts
4,792 battles

It's bringing coal and oil to ships from factory!

Speaking of, reminds me of Transport Tycoon Deluxe :)

P.S. Not really a fail, just some reds taking a break and visiting friendly town while others are fighting.

20191214033841_1.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
1,328 posts
20,941 battles
1 hour ago, admiralgpt said:

image.thumb.png.5dfee21f40a3a339cb04003408c22830.png

How about the railway to absolutely no where? You could at least make a tunnel going into the hillside - Its so lazy!

Well, it depends on what they're manufacturing there, where's the main market for those goods, the location and flow of raw materials and fuel... many factors could influence why that factory was built there and its need for such a short railway to the pier, and those I mentioned before are just from a purely economical perspective.

It's perfectly plausible that the place's exploitation began at the early stages of the Industrial Revolution, they originally laid the rails at that moment because it was the best way to move heavy things back and forth, yet it looks weird keeping the infrastructure layout after the improvements in technology. As a RL example, there's still (or at least it was still there the last time I visited the area) the remnant of a railway for industrial purposes in Málaga (southern Spain) that went across some of the city's main streets. The factories it provided with access to the port either closed or switched to other forms of materials and/or energy supply long ago, so its last user AFAIK was a coal-fired power station which ultimately also closed, but I could watch a couple of times the coal delivery convoy (and how it blocked the streets twice a day whenever it happened) when I was young.

Salute.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
4,653 posts
19,105 battles
9 hours ago, admiralgpt said:

How about the railway to absolutely no where? You could at least make a tunnel going into the hillside - Its so lazy!

Ah, so you're not AFK in games, you're looking at the landscape!

Plenty of wharves with their own railway line - I can think of at least two in London - but that building looks like it needs a Dockyard style railway with the rails set into the road, rather than sitting above it. You can see those all over the place - Chatham and Portsmouth Naval bases certainly have them. 

I have to say I do like the landscape and the various Easter Eggs it contains. The Aloha Tower is my favourite.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,468 posts
3,994 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

I have to say I do like the landscape and the various Easter Eggs it contains. The Aloha Tower is my favourite.

The Aloha Tower...?

Can you bring up a picture?

:Smile_Default:

Players
352 posts
9,056 battles
10 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

There is a map with a massive cathedral on a small island. Come on, who would do that?

The French, who else!  Mont St Michel recreated, albeit the presence of the causeway would cause that cap some issues. :cap_haloween:

Two Brothers also has Eilean Donan Castle (which you can fire through!) and The Wallace Monument on one of the islands both of which are nicely done to be fair.

• Cool 2

Players
205 posts
12 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Well, it depends on what they're manufacturing there, where's the main market for those goods, the location and flow of raw materials and fuel... many factors could influence why that factory was built there and its need for such a short railway to the pier, and those I mentioned before are just from a purely economical perspective.

It's perfectly plausible that the place's exploitation began at the early stages of the Industrial Revolution, they originally laid the rails at that moment because it was the best way to move heavy things back and forth, yet it looks weird keeping the infrastructure layout after the improvements in technology. As a RL example, there's still (or at least it was still there the last time I visited the area) the remnant of a railway for industrial purposes in Málaga (southern Spain) that went across some of the city's main streets. The factories it provided with access to the port either closed or switched to other forms of materials and/or energy supply long ago, so its last user AFAIK was a coal-fired power station which ultimately also closed, but I could watch a couple of times the coal delivery convoy (and how it blocked the streets twice a day whenever it happened) when I was young.

Salute.

Its perfectly plausible? Look at the scale  -A train 4 carriages long, moves maybe 8 carriages further along the track to a ship - and there is 6 lines running to a grand total of 2 lines at the end of a pier? nothing plausible about it!

Players
870 posts
10,433 battles
3 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

The French, who else!  Mont St Michel recreated, albeit the presence of the causeway would cause that cap some issues. :cap_haloween:

Two Brothers also has Eilean Donan Castle (which you can fire through!) and The Wallace Monument on one of the islands both of which are nicely done to be fair.

Oh yes, right. Still is in the middle of nowhere!

Is that Eilean Donan castle? I thought it was just a generic Irish norman tower house.

Players
352 posts
9,056 battles
5 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Oh yes, right. Still is in the middle of nowhere!

Is that Eilean Donan castle? I thought it was just a generic Irish norman tower house.

It could well be, it was the presence of the Wallace tower that led me in that direction to be fair, ED should of course also have a causeway too, but WG seemingly don't do causeways. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
846 posts
1 hour ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

There is a map with a massive cathedral on a small island. Come on, who would do that?

Always reminds me of Anor Londo :Smile_smile:

Players
7,308 posts
11,668 battles
4 hours ago, admiralgpt said:

Its perfectly plausible? Look at the scale  -A train 4 carriages long, moves maybe 8 carriages further along the track to a ship - and there is 6 lines running to a grand total of 2 lines at the end of a pier? nothing plausible about it!

unless... ^^

• Cool 1

Players
3,915 posts
21,084 battles
7 minutes ago, bakmaita said:

Not to mention the unsuspecting GK saved by same island :)

Would you believe it when I tell you that Kagero was actually aiming at the GK. Like, for real. :Smile_amazed:

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,318 battles

For a minute there , before I began reading these posts, I thought the title should have been 'your favourite "landscraping" fails'. :Smile_coin:

Beta Tester
2,194 posts
12,822 battles
On 10/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, Logan_MountStuart said:

Naaah mate, thats Hogwarts!  :Smile_smile:

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,721 posts
11,810 battles

Cannot move anywhere.... Stuck and gets massacred because these idiots cannot program a goddamn island to be visible...

shot-20-11-08-16-57-46-0956.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
1,328 posts
20,941 battles
On 11/24/2020 at 3:17 PM, admiralgpt said:

The excavator that got airlifted in and just got bored....

OK, this one is a true fail with hardly a logical explanation. And just to dig deeper into the hole (pun intended), where did all the excavated rubble go? My bet is, while wearing a tinfoil hat, that they threw it to the sea and that's why you get stranded and unable to move at some locations for no apparent reason: since they're rocks that came from the inland, they lack the "push away colliding ships" repulsive properties of those at the actual coastline, thus getting you stuck at them.

Salute.

• Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,653 posts
19,105 battles
1 hour ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

where did all the excavated rubble go?

Into all the other buildings on the map (presuming that's a chalk pit, we have a lot of those around my part of the UK). 

I know WG have a competition to add landscape easter eggs to the map from time to time - wouldn't mind seeing either of these on the game maps....

Reculver-3257-2.jpg.8c0dee465284d8acf04b666df2c3ff21.jpg

591556885_TheInstitute.jpeg.12c5ff62dc07ae414e23bc15d9eb6807.jpeg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this