You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

wg needs to rework Co op match maker

58 comments in this topic

Players
4,380 posts
5,713 battles

This game has bean edited* to play in PvP modes for very long time but now its even Co op edited*.

I run off from PvP modes because I organically hate WC players and come to Co op for some relaxed gameplay. But what we can find there for a while now? Bunch of memekaze and other dds that charging in to delete everything.

I even get hit by allie torpedos in every single match in Co op... is this game fun to play with all that kind of ''players'' or even that game mode? I dont need to tell the answer which is quite obvious.

What they should do is to reduce number of dds per team to 1, because having 2, 3 or even 4 of them as it is very offen the case makes this mode unplayable for ANY BB player who is trying to do their missions.

How are we suppose to grind these silly events when selfish ''players'' in Co op makes all that 100 times harder because they need to charge in and torp everything so BB players can go to port with 20k damage at best...

Im a lot in orange color lately. Why? Because when I start the match and see several dds on my team I know that only thing I can do is to leave the game and return to port, which I do mostly. Because, why would I waste  5-10 minutes of my life on 20k damage?

This already hated game by many players badly need some reworks. Co op match maker do not require any real players in the queue, so it should be very easy to rework it, so many players can play even with Bots as allies if they have to, but WITH balance. At least there wont be getting in the way situations.
Why make all that 100 times harder and longer than it already is.

When I have to force myself to play even Co op mode (and in most cases I cant because I know its not worth of my energy) then I know what time is it (time to consider to stop with this game).

Anyone else share the same or similar experience?

Edit: Watch the language please

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

Players
1,846 posts
9,388 battles
On 10/20/2020 at 6:46 PM, Hades_warrior said:

This game has bean edited* to play in PvP modes for very long time but now its even Co op edited*.

I run off from PvP modes because I organically hate WC players and come to Co op for some relaxed gameplay. But what we can find there for a while now? Bunch of memekaze and other dds that charging in to delete everything.

I even get hit by allie torpedos in every single match in Co op... is this game fun to play with all that kind of ''players'' or even that game mode? I dont need to tell the answer which is quite obvious.

agree with you, also... "WC PLAYERS"... +1 for this alone

[SCRUB]
Players
4,013 posts
21,381 battles

I don't really get it; other players should play worse so you can get your missions done faster?

:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
4,380 posts
5,713 battles
11 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

agree with you, also... "WC PLAYERS"... +1 for this alone

Yea... CV's also known as VC's but I call them WC's because thats what they are - flying toilets.

Anyway... State of this game (from both PvP perspective and PvE) is beyond any words... On the side with bad optimization, server stability, and new incomes to ''improve'' this game as precious kitakami and rumored RU carriers in sooner or later future.

wg will keep making monetized events, throw the bones on the backyard and watching dogs fighting against each others.

Players
4,380 posts
5,713 battles
13 minutes ago, lup3s said:

I don't really get it; other players should play worse so you can get your missions done faster?

:cap_hmm:

If you think its fun to investing your own energy as a bb player in CO OP matches filled with dds aka torpedo spammers you should try it.

There hasn't left a single game mode that is not became frustration to play it... IF you cant see that than I cant help you.

And it SHOULD be less frustration because CO OP is CO OP. There is plenty of room for everyone, or at least should be because that game mode is against and WITH Bots.

If wg is incompetent to balance PvP modes, they should balance at least this no brainer such as Co op...

@lossi_2018  Sadly but yes, and that is very big issue about this game. And Im not the first one to complain about this as I saw and others lately. Its just I feel that this problem is escalating more and more with every new update.

My blood pressure is jumping because of Co op... :Smile_facepalm:  and what is funny I really do have blood pressure issues.

If someone told me that like 4 years ago, I would laugh at him so hard.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,879 posts
15,435 battles

The answer to problematic behaviour in Coop is simple, but the Coop mains would freak out - stop missions being doable in Coop.

(I don't think this is a good idea, but it is the solution to many of the issues with Coop)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
27 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Co op match maker do not require any real players in the queue, so it should be very easy to rework it, so many players can play even with Bots as allies if they have to, but WITH balance. At least there wont be getting in the way situations.

I guess the easiest way would be, to let people choose to play "normal" (aka with human teammates if there are any) coop, or bots only, so you get bots on your team... Atleast they dont deliberately shoot and torp you, like some humans do  :cap_fainting: Its even better for people doing missions. I can understand thats kinda annoying for others, when ive been playing Stalingrad lately, blab a Cruiser left and right and then ram the BB to extract maximum amount of damage. But why should i waste more time, when WG in its infite wisdom makes missions like "1,6 million damage with "some-country"-Cruisers"

The secret mission thing is much better. Its just: PLAY THE [edited]GAME. No [edited] attached to it.

• Cool 2

Players
4,380 posts
5,713 battles
4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

The answer to problematic behaviour in Coop is simple, but the Coop mains would freak out - stop missions being doable in Coop.

(I don't think this is a good idea, but it is the solution to many of the issues with Coop)

IF I stop missions which are doable in Co op and grind them in Randoms, that would be a worse then punching myself with fist in the face. Because I would let myself to WC players to farm me (besides playing with weekend potatos).

1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

I guess the easiest way would be, to let people choose to play "normal" (aka with human teammates if there are any) coop, or bots only, so you get bots on your team... Atleast they dont deliberately shoot and torp you, like some humans do  :cap_fainting: Its even better for people doing missions. I can understand thats kinda annoying for others, when ive been playing Stalingrad lately, blab a Cruiser left and right and then ram the BB to extract maximum amount of damage. But why should i waste more time, when WG in its infite wisdom makes missions like "1,6 million damage with "some-country"-Cruisers"

The secret mission thing is much better. Its just: PLAY THE [edited]GAME. No [edited] attached to it.

Actually even Bots lately are torping me from my team. Its like, intelligence of Bots dropped alltogether with intelligence of PvP players with low PR's.

wg should make all these missions for dds only. THat way everyone would pick the fastest horse on the ranch and do missions... But in that case many others would not even bother with missions like that.

[-RDE-]
Players
351 posts
28,858 battles
20 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

not really becuz lets face it the grind for doing them in random only would drive us away tbh..

could you imagine doing all snowflakes in random? granted 200+ games isn't that much but when it needs to be a win it becomes a lot more problematic.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, Hades_warrior said:

Actually even Bots lately are torping me from my team. Its like, intelligence of Bots dropped alltogether with intelligence of PvP players with low PR's.

I lost count how often i got killed or shot at by my teammates during the last month... deliberate and accidental. Atleast Bots dont do it deliberately, they just dont care if you are in the way. Humans however can see that, and 2nd of all, they can shoot you because they feel like you "stole their damage/kills".

• Funny 1

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,800 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

This game has bean cancer to play in PvP modes for very long time but now its even Co op cancerous.

What they should do is to reduce number of dds per team to 1, because having 2, 3 or even 4 of them as it is very offen the case makes this mode unplayable for ANY BB player who is trying to do their missions.

How are we suppose to grind these silly events when selfish ''players'' in Co op makes all that 100 times harder because they need to charge in and torp everything so BB players can go to port with 20k damage at best...

Im a lot in orange color lately. Why? Because when I start the match and see several dds on my team I know that only thing I can do is to leave the game and return to port, which I do mostly. Because, why would I waste  5-10 minutes of my life on 20k damage?

This already hated game by many players badly need some reworks. Co op match maker do not require any real players in the queue, so it should be very easy to rework it, so many players can play even with Bots as allies if they have to, but WITH balance. At least there wont be getting in the way situations.
Why make all that 100 times harder and longer than it already is.

When I have to force myself to play even Co op mode (and in most cases I cant because I know its not worth of my energy) then I know what time is it (time to consider to stop with this game).

Anyone else share the same or similar experience?

When you think one game mode in a intechangeable game is so offensive to you, you have to compare it to a disease that kills good people slowly and very painfully, It's maybe not so necessary. 

Players
938 posts
6,584 battles
38 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I guess the easiest way would be, to let people choose to play "normal" (aka with human teammates if there are any) coop, or bots only, so you get bots on your team... Atleast they dont deliberately shoot and torp you, like some humans do  :cap_fainting: Its even better for people doing missions. I can understand thats kinda annoying for others, when ive been playing Stalingrad lately, blab a Cruiser left and right and then ram the BB to extract maximum amount of damage. But why should i waste more time, when WG in its infite wisdom makes missions like "1,6 million damage with "some-country"-Cruisers"

Well, you are flat out wrong here. Bots tend to team torp just as much if not worse than human players.

Players
4,380 posts
5,713 battles
32 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I lost count how often i got killed or shot at by my teammates during the last month... deliberate and accidental. Atleast Bots dont do it deliberately, they just dont care if you are in the way. Humans however can see that, and 2nd of all, they can shoot you because they feel like you "stole their damage/kills".

Yea there is a lot of fighting over red ribbons. Frankly I dont care about red ribbons in Co op, just wanna do my S* without stress, but that is not an option because wg says so.

There is a good reason why wows and wot communities are on bad reputation.

When threads like this, call for necessary changes makes people to hit dislikes, you know its a shame of community.

And speaking of dds in Co op I punish memekaze when they send 3 salvos of torps in front of my face into enemy bot BBs with my primary guns. Do I feel shame? Ofc not. They dont feel it for their torp spam, why should I in my way of saying ''thanks you for wasting my time here''.

24 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

When you think one game mode in a intechangeable game is so offensive to you, you have to compare it to a disease that kills good people slowly and very painfully, It's maybe not so necessary. 

Meaning?

@Dutchy_2019  No, players in Co op tend more offen to torp allies over Bot allies. At least from my experience.

• Bad 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

Well, you are flat out wrong here. Bots tend to team torp just as much if not worse than human players.

I think there is a difference between getting accidently torped, and deliberately torped or shot at, because someone is offended by you playing a game. Im not saying that you got accidently hit, i mean deliberately rushing next to you and shoot you with all their guns (or torps). Bots certainly dont do that.

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

makes this mode unplayable for ANY BB player who is trying to do their missions

As a coop Bismarck main, I encounter no problems doing my missions/directives. Sure, there are many DD players, but not that many competent DD players.

• Cool 3

Players
4,380 posts
5,713 battles
2 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

As a coop Bismarck main, I encounter no problems doing my missions/directives. Sure, there are many DD players, but not that many competent DD players.

Yea well, as a tier 8 player you wont see much of shimakaze there would you? As that is big part of the problem.

When I played Massachusetts on Co op tier 8 I didn't have much problems either, but on TX is a different story.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
241 posts
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think there is a difference between getting accidently torped, and deliberately torped or shot at, because someone is offended by you playing a game. Im not saying that you got accidently hit, i mean deliberately rushing next to you and shoot you with all their guns (or torps). Bots certainly dont do that.

And here I am thinking that after shooting another player once all consecutive damage gets reflected to me thus making it impossible to kill a friendly [sic!] player at full health ...

Apart from that I hardly ever had any problems of doing battleship related missions in coop while on the other hand the competition between players is the about the only factor that makes this mode a challenge.

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

Yea well, as a tier 8 player you wont see much of shimakaze there would you? As that is big part of the problem.

When I played Massachusetts on Co op tier 8 I didn't have much problems either, but on TX is a different story.

To be honest, I consider Bismarck to be a T10 ship because I am forced into T10 matches more often than not.

• Funny 1

Players
938 posts
6,584 battles

A few things based on the OP:

- Please leave out the use of diseases.

Now as for his game-related issues:

BB's kills being stolen by DD's.

• Yeah, this happens, but it is no less annoying then being in the game with a fire spammer like Smokensk or Woucester. 
  • If DD's are torping away everything in front of you, how the hell am I able to maintain a the following averages: JB (NA, 540 games) 103k; Pommern (EU, 50 games) 99k, Georgia (NA, 40 games) 95k, JB (EU, 196 games) 93k, Missouri (EU, 77 games) 90k, Odin (NA, 46 games) 86k and Ägir (EU, 67 games) 80k.
  • Just today in Pommern I have had a 230k game, in JB a 305k game.

I think I completed the final mission of the 3rd directive, as well as the complete 4th directive for the Kansas today in 25 games or so AT THE MOST (and probably about 20).

So frankly, choose your targets wisely. Yeah, and sometimes you do have the a-hole DD's. But generally, the worst BB games I have had (and yeah, I have had 20k damage games in these BB's) is either the bots going to the other side of the map, or me being stupid and running into Bot torps.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
938 posts
6,584 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Many of the high tier Co-op games (T8 and up) do have you end up with Benhams, Shimakazes and such. Smolensk is also a regular.

So maybe play T8 Co-op rather than T10 Co-op might be part of the solution to your problems.

• Cool 2

Players
938 posts
6,584 battles
15 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I kind of beg to differ from what I have seen - unless you think bots trying to torp THROUGH an island is an accident (assuming for bots there is a difference between 'deliberate' and 'accidental'), which happened to me today.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,647 posts
19,099 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

A better answer would be for WG to come up with slightly fewer mind-numbingly grindy Directive missions. How about some smaller, more numerous tasks which can be completed by playing all the game modes rather than "score 1,000,000 secondary hits with a French cruiser (Tuesdays only)"?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

Players
1,846 posts
9,388 battles
1 ora fa, Hades_warrior ha scritto:

Yea... CV's also known as VC's but I call them WC's because thats what they are - flying toilets.

Anyway... State of this game (from both PvP perspective and PvE) is beyond any words... On the side with bad optimization, server stability, and new incomes to ''improve'' this game as precious kitakami and rumored RU carriers in sooner or later future.

wg will keep making monetized events, throw the bones on the backyard and watching dogs fighting against each others.

tenor.gif.f7b9b33c4eaca6b75c95b98d7e0c55f3.gif we can do only 1 thing about this: Nothing & Watch.

Edited by arquata2019
i created a double soviet union

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,928 battles

I don't find the 'torpedo menace' from team mates in co-op is DDs it's cruisers and BBs firing from the 2nd line.

• Cool 2