You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Submarine Testing

218 comments in this topic

[USTKA]
Weekend Tester
56 posts
421 battles

I love SS. The game is difficult, because one drop of depth bombs is enough to sink the ship. But for that - a very satisfying gameplay.

Good job!  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
30 posts
1,314 battles
6 hours ago, SzCsCsongor13 said:

Thats because the server only opens at specific time zones, to assure the most players go to match at the same time, thereby increasing the number of players, and decreasing the number of AI players. Take a look at submarine testing info in the Wargaming game center at World of Warships section. It will be highlighted at "How to play submarines" section.

Connected but in order to get a sub i need to play GOD knows how many hours to complete all 3 requirements.

Sorry but that's too much, they should had made it immediate.

Players
18 posts
8,391 battles

I have this question, you can increase the damage from air bombs. When I hit 700, it was possible to increase it to 900. (and a small request, you can reduce the distance of the falling bombs because it looks like a dribbler)
I like that I change course and the torpedoes lose their target and pass under the ship if I shorten them and fail to reach the correct depth. + rep for that

Ps. You have improved your aiming at the enemy underwater very well, if 2 submarines meet, skill + training will give you the results.

Clipboard01a.jpg

Clipboard01b.jpg

[V22]
Players
1 post
565 battles
On 10/22/2020 at 5:37 PM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

Be sure that you are not logged in with your PT account. If you are, do the login on the EU server and try again. 😊

So now I have the same problem.

I am logged in with my EU account but I still can't find the TST in the list.

Maybe because I downloaded the EU server version through steam? 

Edit:

I downloaded the eur version through the wargaming launcher and now I have the tst available

Players
19 posts
7,059 battles

Make submarines undetected when they are in deep submerged state ie they move with battery only.

In this state submarines can not detect other ships, and vice versa , other ships can not detect them. 

To detect submarines in deep submerged state ships must use Hydroacoustic Search consumable, and vice versa.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
117 posts
18,179 battles

DELETE

or

Just think about it - last time forum had this many pages was with Puerto Rico dockyard disaster. It should give WG a good clue that what they are attempting to do is not at all appreciated by players... and if their over inflated egos think they know better, well let's just say none of content developers has won the Nobel Prize.

There's only one acceptable solution to subs in game - GIVE THEM HISTORICAL SPEED - and don't introduce any of drunken-paper-napkin-after-dozen-beer-fantasy-designs.

• Cool 4

[I-J-N]
Players
7,034 posts
3 hours ago, GoneFishingAgain said:

DELETE

or

Just think about it - last time forum had this many pages was with Puerto Rico dockyard disaster. It should give WG a good clue that what they are attempting to do is not at all appreciated by players... and if their over inflated egos think they know better, well let's just say none of content developers has won the Nobel Prize.

There's only one acceptable solution to subs in game - GIVE THEM HISTORICAL SPEED - and don't introduce any of drunken-paper-napkin-after-dozen-beer-fantasy-designs.

Sadly, WG has a poor record of retaining historical limitations when it comes to game development.

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
9,371 battles

So how many of you have actually found the 'TST' server then? I've played WoW for years , (and WoT before that) and the early beta tests for subs in the past - so why isn't 'TST' an option on my Europe region server to even download the damn public test installation as per the instructions?

You'll get a lovely gold star from me if you know why, cos WG support can't tell me and all they can do is point me at forums - so can you guys help?  Otherwise I'll be off to play WarThunder instead..... 

[LSCA]
Players
1,731 posts
13,414 battles
4 minutes ago, Cliff_York said:

So how many of you have actually found the 'TST' server then? I've played WoW for years , (and WoT before that) and the early beta tests for subs in the past - so why isn't 'TST' an option on my Europe region server to even download the damn public test installation as per the instructions?

You'll get a lovely gold star from me if you know why, cos WG support can't tell me and all they can do is point me at forums - so can you guys help?  Otherwise I'll be off to play WarThunder instead..... 

in Game settings select the Install additional game instance, you find tst at there

WG Staff
2,652 posts
937 battles
9 hours ago, Cliff_York said:

Hi Captain, to install the additional instance, go to “Game Settings” and click on “Install additional Instance” Then select TST from the window. Please also check if you are not logged in on your PT account, if you are, log in on the EU server and try to install the TST instance. Once the Test will start you will be able to access it through your Live Server credentials. 😊

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
1,635 battles

The submarines are fun, however they seem a bit too powerful. Balancing will probably involve many changes, however I have one suggestion that I think will make a big impact: make it so that three pings on the same spot are needed for torpedo protection to be ignored. One ping would do what it is doing currently. Two pings would increase the lock duration to double from what one ping has. The third ping on the same spot would make the torpedoes ignore the torpedo protection.

This would make the submarines less of a nightmare for the larger ships, especially for battleships, and would require more skill and luck from submarine players.

• Bad 1

Players
587 posts
3,931 battles

Looks like this offering would mean nobody is having any fun tbh. Surface ships can get hit from torps with just a generalized ping anywhere on the hull while subs will now get bombarded with depth charges from all surface ships(I think) for as long as they're detected and all ships can detect them so... just an even bigger shitfest really and honestly it's really hard to see a solution that would make subs fun to play and yet keep everything as balanced as possible. 

Balance aside, one of the biggest issues with subs in this game I outlined the last time was just the pace and offering of this game which I can't see ever suiting subs. By nature, subs are slow silent hunters that take time to position and hunt their targets while remaining undetected all the time. The target ship needs to be totally unaware of a submarines presence, that's how submarines work, at least in this era of subs. But in this game, since it's arcade, the pace is just too fast for that and I can't see any solution to it without basically changing the entire game offering lol.

The problem is and was, when I played subs in this game, a sub will select a target BUT, because the subs entire team can also see that target, plus the target itself has 6th sense so knows he is spotted and how many guns are aimed at him etc, then two things will happen which totally renders the sub useless. 1.The target will quickly and drastically change heading and relocate, to which a slow moving submerged sub trying to remain unseen can't do anything about OR 2. The targeted ship is simply killed off way too quickly by the subs surface ship teammates before the subs can land a torpedo or two. Thusly not very fun to play, boring, frustrating and... totally reliant on factors outside of a players own control in which to actually deal damage and have a target to shoot.

Also, the "all keyboard" controls are just too awkward, inhibiting and confusing for the muscle-memory of gamers who are use to surface ship controls. What's the easy solution to a submarine controls? Simple, keep the directional controls the exact same as the surface ships BUT, place most all the submarine controls, such as surface, dive, level of depth etc to an on-screen control-wheel, just like we see in many other games such as EvE Online etc. That way, typical directional keyboard controls can be kept the exact same as normal surface ships controls for sailing around the map and then when it comes to diving, surfacing, choosing depth and other submarine related commands, simply press the left Shift key, scroll over the on-screen wheel and select whatever command you want.  

Players
5 posts
2,107 battles

I'm new to the game so my opinion might be flawed, but I have enough trouble trying to keep UK light cruisers alive without stealth attacks and spotting, DDs are bad enough

it kind of feels like a class for those who want to stuff other peoples enjoyment rather than compete on an equal footing.

maybe if it was a spin off scenario within the game for just destroyers and subs it might be fun

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
9,371 battles
On 10/26/2020 at 9:03 AM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, to install the additional instance, go to “Game Settings” and click on “Install additional Instance” Then select TST from the window. Please also check if you are not logged in on your PT account, if you are, log in on the EU server and try to install the TST instance. Once the Test will start you will be able to access it through your Live Server credentials. 😊

yeah, well this didn't work. TST never showed as an option on the EU server and I knew where to find it if it was. I'd done all the sensible stuff. In the end I had to completely erase and re-install the whole damn game from scratch - the game centre, full client, etc - took hours to download and I'm not on a slow broadband service either.

Test severs should not have needed a rebuild of the LIVE instance - all the others I've done never did. Anyway, I fixed it in the end, not WoW support. Shame really. 

Ok so here's another one... don't forget I've now got a pristine copy of the live setup and the TST server working. 

When you open a container, and get say an icon to add to a collection, and also a duplicate one, has anyone noticed that the duplicate never gets added?

Players
18 posts
8,391 battles
25.10.2020 o 07:44, Alex_steel_45 napisał:

Make submarines undetected when they are in deep submerged state ie they move with battery only.

In this state submarines can not detect other ships, and vice versa , other ships can not detect them. 

To detect submarines in deep submerged state ships must use Hydroacoustic Search consumable, and vice versa.

go under 50M

WG Staff
2,652 posts
937 battles
On 10/23/2020 at 9:36 AM, KaleunHarry said:

Anyone else not getting the live server rewards?

(Hi Captain, if everything goes according to the plan, rewards for playing the last Submarine Test should get distributed to the players having rights from the 15th of November. 😊