You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Submarine Testing

218 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles
Just now, Steuerbord said:

Good Sir. you just saved my goddamn Butt, thank you very much!

it works

You are very welcome Captain :Smile_honoring:

Enjoy the test!

[31ER]
Players
44 posts
975 battles

Lol imagine being In a DD against 2 CV`s and 2-3Subs.....

This will end World of Warships, it bad enough at the moment but this will screw it up even more.

just tested the new gameplay, i think its to hard to kill the subs or is it just me,  26 depbt charges hit it but no kill, this was being only me In a DD and the freaking SUB, had it been while the rest of the enemy was alive it would have been suicide going after it.

So a DD now will be permanent spotted byAirplane, Radar spotted, or spotted by the Sub, all while the borderhugging camping BB a screaming for the DD to go spot.....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LSCA]
Players
2,001 posts
14,826 battles

with those bb,cruisers  planes you can todo damage to ships as well, not much but enoh for kill iship if he go hide to smoke.

man i love this XD

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles

Ah, Captains, 

If you want you can leave feedback about the Submarines Battles at this thread we just created. 😉

• Angry 1

[SITH-]
Players
182 posts
4,759 battles

SUBS = SUPER UNNECESSARY BLATANTLY SHOULDN'T >>>>>>>> However, I will accept combat Dolphins and an actual Kraken added to the game :)

I remember last Test people were complaining because no Surface players would play in SUB mode .. guess what .. when this actually goes into Randoms .. no surface player will play the game full stop :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[MUMMY]
Players
760 posts
10,590 battles
14 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Ah, Captains, 

If you want you can leave feedback about the Submarines Battles at this thread we just created. 😉

Because the "Please cry in this thread and not mess up the forums with complaints about CV's" is so popular right?

What are we on now? 

Approaching 190 pages mostly of people complaining about CV's because of the last WG attempt of trying to stick a round peg in a square hole.  

We have now reached the WG "Dear customer, please stop complaining about CV's and complain about Submarines thread".

Given the months and years of player feedback to WG about the CV cancer alone, I can imagine that any post in the "Submarines Feedback thread" will be treated in a similar manner.   

WG has taken positive steps and actions following the CV thread right? 

Hey guys? 

I said WG has taken positive steps and actions following the CV thread right???!?!?! 

Guys???!  

• Cool 1

Players
18 posts
8,391 battles

Hello all
My attention is aiming at the enemy underwater.
Why are these torpedoes going so fast UP as you shoot without aiming?

Additionally, the indicator of how far you can shoot a target at close range disappears over time.

These torpedoes should be straight longer because this parabola upwards is short and at 0.5km these torpedoes are already above the enemy and aim was measuring below target.

My question is the possibility of choosing a different crosshair  for the submarine. 

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okręt_podwodny#/media/Plik:Japanese_Cargo_Ship_Sinking.jpg

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/napavalleyregister.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/2f/92f96f2a-9fde-11e1-80f0-001a4bcf887a/4fb4885e677eb.image.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b9/fb/83/b9fb836dbf53f1e71c89796f6f7c7239.jpg

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-allied-destroyers-in-the-periscope-of-a-german-submarine-during-the-48404222.html

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQyZpKCHQyNWoyib1xUHFXOYczQlCmJC5V2lQ&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRzRyaUwpDoYii6sK7f-jXXjoJ03Hw66lGfVw&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQvm0jt9iBjysoZxm48_7dHtiWROOvGwbaQYA&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSFKxm9QGVmgteJefJ0BdNB6ZCLQCYZ6Eyb0A&usqp=CAU

https://thomascsanger.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/perisocpe.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/naval-warfare-uboat-war-view-through-the-periscope-of-a-uboat-at-a-picture-id542401647

• Bad 1

Players
539 posts
21,313 battles

Just watched Flamu's latest video and yes, regardless of the small changes made, submarines will break the game in good players hands. Just shoehorning another class into the game to make cash money regardless of how much it destroys the game experience for the players facing the class. Just like CV's. If a class is taking this long to implement and appears to be difficult to balance into the game, perhaps this is a clue that it has no place in the game as it is designed overall.

The difference between CV's and Submarines will be that people will quit the game if the battle experience is negative with this new class present. CV's are tolerated in the loosest sense of the word, but submarines will be the final straw for a lot of players.

You cannot have classes for which there is no counter. DD's and cruisers trying to hunt/depth charge these things will just be XP piñata's for Russian railguns and anything else that shoots from range/cover. The whole counter mechanism against submarines will not work in practice. NOT A CHANCE.

• Cool 4

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles
1 hour ago, KaleunHarry said:

Anyone else not getting the live server rewards (8x3 special flags) for completing the 8000 base EXP missions with DD/CA/BB/CV?

Hi Captain, the rewards for playing the test will be credited later, probably after the end of the test.

11 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Well no testing for me, cannot access the test server, so furious right now thinking of uninstalling, never had this problem last time around.

Hi Captain,

I am sorry for your problem. Please remember that the Prime Time for testing is the following 😊. If you tried to access the test during Prime Times instead and you couldn't enter the test let me know, we will investigate the case. 

sub times.png

• Cool 1

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
301 posts
19,788 battles
On 10/21/2020 at 2:20 PM, YabbaCoe said:

It is still not decided when and how will submarines be distributed to the game, not in testing mode.

So only after that we will provide information about possibilites, where to fight with or against them and where not.

The speed is higher as it would be very boring with historical setups, as submarines were sluggish. Also not every speed setup of surface ship is really historical.

We are sorry for the sentence, that was said several years ago. As was explained, that time we couldn't see an option, how submarines would be implemented to the game. With the years, game developed and now it is possible, as you can see. Therefore our colleague also appologized for that...

Changes seem to mitigate some of the worst problems with subs, but they do not remove those problems.

As you say, not every speed setup is really historical. Not all ships or their gimmicks are historical. If you already have stretched suspension of disbelief a great deal doesn't mean "everything goes". Subs and their wire-guided torpedoes are simply too far from any historical reality.

In addition subs will break meta totally. Of course you can say that game need to progress and not be stale, but changing the basics of the game can have drastic effect on players happiness. After spending thousand+ of hours on the game I'd rather play the game I have invested lot of time and money, not some "subs are great idea" different game.

Considering how badly CV's have been balanced. Those who know the rules and procedures can do a lot and there is little target can do to protect itself. Same time players unfamiliar with mechanism get wiped from the sky. By looking at sub rules this is going to be similar mess, or even worse. It will also make similar problems where class is same time underpowered and overpowered depending on user and opponent can either disregard it or can't do anything else than die unexpectedly and fast. 

Then you can check how many different rules and gimmicks are needed to bring subs to (not even) acceptable level? Too many. Check how well most players understand AA or ricochet rules and think how well they are going to understand sub _and anti-sub_ rules? It's not enough for few dedicated sub player to understood how they work, all "targets" should also understand mechanism or they will feel cheated and frustrated when they eat massive citadel hit torpedoes out of nowhere. 

When considering if/how you include subs think hard, and try not to break the main game. Subs should be balanced and fun to fight with or against (and they should be closer to historical realism). At the moment subs are breaking everything. They are out of balance (like CV OP and UP same time), are breaking meta and balance between every other class, need tons of new special rules and are totally unhistorical on their properties and working.

Please do not force subs to the main game (unless you can actually fix all the problems, which I do not believe considering CV's rework).

Perhaps who ever said "that sentence" was right? Perhaps at the time developers understood how badly subs would fit in the game and how they would affect it and considered well being of the game. Recently WG have gone towards "give us your money, we do not care about quality of game" direction, and in that direction subs might seem good decision, but the direction is wrong. 

• Cool 1

Players
7,571 posts
12 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Well no testing for me, cannot access the test server, so furious right now thinking of uninstalling, never had this problem last time around.

2 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, the rewards for playing the test will be credited later, probably after the end of the test.

Hi Captain,

I am sorry for your problem. Please remember that the Prime Time for testing is the following 😊. If you tried to access the test during Prime Times instead and you couldn't enter the test let me know, we will investigate the case. 

sub times.png

Be sure to check out this earlier advice too, @Inappropriate_noob in case you missed it.

18 hours ago, Mister_Greek said:

Are you sure you did it correctly?

-Open WGC.
-Check WoWS icon.
-Press "Game Settings"
-Click "install additional game instance"
-On the top left, the icon would say "Europe". Click it and choose TST.

18 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

Be sure that you are not logged in with your PT account. If you are, do the login on the EU server and try again. 😊

• Cool 2

Players
84 posts

Well, what WG hasn't understood until today is that it is not fun to play against a CV. And it will not be against subs either. Because you have no interactive aiming, shooting or anything like that. Select a sector or call in a computer steered plane? That is supposed to be funny? No that's a placebo.

Against DDs you can have theses satisfying shots when they get spotted. And yes this happens several times during a game. And no, it's not that often the own CV that spots them but the own DDs or radar/hydro.

But against CV and subs? Theres nothing that comes close to that. Maybe for DDs its satisfying to hunt down a sub but come on, do DDs really need another job on their list of tasks? For BBs and cruisers they are just another nuicance.

• Cool 1

Players
18 posts
8,391 battles
6 godzin temu, Gudgeon napisał:

Just watched Flamu's latest video and yes, regardless of the small changes made, submarines will break the game in good players hands. Just shoehorning another class into the game to make cash money regardless of how much it destroys the game experience for the players facing the class. Just like CV's. If a class is taking this long to implement and appears to be difficult to balance into the game, perhaps this is a clue that it has no place in the game as it is designed overall.

The difference between CV's and Submarines will be that people will quit the game if the battle experience is negative with this new class present. CV's are tolerated in the loosest sense of the word, but submarines will be the final straw for a lot of players.

You cannot have classes for which there is no counter. DD's and cruisers trying to hunt/depth charge these things will just be XP piñata's for Russian railguns and anything else that shoots from range/cover. The whole counter mechanism against submarines will not work in practice. NOT A CHANCE.

I have such a request, look at who he shot and who was sunk by a bot or a normal player. If it is a player and he obeys the instructions, he will change course to the other side and the torpedoes will lose the target. It is the same with dd turns dd and torpedoes go into space. Half of the people who come in don't even read the instructions or read them at all. When I play bots, I have up to 3 sinks. For normal players, maybe you will play 5 minutes of the match ......  

Ps. It will not destroy the game, it only it will enrich her, first it will boom on the ice and then people will get bored as they will be drowned by dd. I know by myself I see a submarine that goes down .... an easy target to sink

• Bad 2

[ARKA]
Players
31 posts
22,792 battles
1 hour ago, Moros_Olethrus said:

I have such a request, look at who he shot and who was sunk by a bot or a normal player. If it is a player and he obeys the instructions, he will change course to the other side and the torpedoes will lose the target. It is the same with dd turns dd and torpedoes go into space. Half of the people who come in don't even read the instructions or read them at all. When I play bots, I have up to 3 sinks. For normal players, maybe you will play 5 minutes of the match ......  

Ps. It will not destroy the game, it only it will enrich her, first it will boom on the ice and then people will get bored as they will be drowned by dd. I know by myself I see a submarine that goes down .... an easy target to sink

How will it enrich the game?

Playing another assassin class that relies incredibly on camping will make the game somehow better????

Plus I want to be able to do something MYSELF when playing BBs against subs and not rely on planes or stuff. If not, then give all BBs their historical secondary range and accuracy and stop with the DD bullcrap. because at the moment DDs are the counter to BBs and in reality this has never been the case. Yea, WG will site probably the 3 cases where DDs successfully approached some BBs. To that I say - what happened to the 2 DDs that approached Scharnohrst and Gneisenau at the sinking of Glorious?

Yea, both were sunk , and managed to hit just a single torp at the range of 6 km.

So enough of this stupidity. Yes, it is a game. But what comes next - flying saucers? For all we know they might have been historical - Roswell was what, 1949?

And no, I dont believe in UFOs

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,800 posts
6,795 battles

So, how do these changes fix any of the issues with submarines? They're still just as frustrating to play against, but now BBs can call in air strikes against other ships :Smile_sceptic:

Ideally, just acknowledge that you've fallen victim to the sunk cost fallacy, take the loss and scrap the development. Subs are never going to fit into the game in a good way that makes them both satisfying to play and satisfying to play against.

If you absolutely want to introduce them, here's the list of things that need to go.

-Submerged subs shouldn't be able to spot for their team. Right now, a DD that tries to chase after a submarine is just a target for enemy ships. A submarine should never be able to spot for its team if it's not also vulnerable to surface fire from the enemy team.

-Get rid of the homing mechanics entirely. They just break any last vestige of feeling of authenticity this game had. Just give submarines regular torps that work just like every other class' torps. Increase the speed and damage a bit if necessary in order to make them useful.

-Reintroduce mechanics that limit how long a sub can stay underwater (IE the old oxygen mechanic)

And by forcing subs to spend more time on the surface, you can get rid of the silly anti-submarine gimmicks like the anti-sub aircraft. Force them to be exposed to surface fire unless they play exceptionally smart.

Is this going to make subs a somewhat boring class that appeals mainly to a small group of dedicated players? Probably. But quite frankly, that's only a good thing.

• Cool 4

Players
18 posts
8,391 battles

TO ALL OF YOU  

I can do such drops of screenshots,   from a lot, no matter what you play, skills and luck are important. Submarines serve more in this test and in the spot game you use ping to detect dd opponents in smoke or submarines at depths below 50m by 80m. Team play is what counts, not a lone wolf. I was playing from left to right, the team was losing and we won .... I do not praise you on YouTube because there is nothing ...

Ps. As the ship flows, it changed course from time to time during the war, so is the game. You change course and the submarine torpedoes miss target. If you want so much, I will record a movie for you to swim because I see the drama you are doing.

fight.jpg

• Bad 2

Players
3,604 posts
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

So, how do these changes fix any of the issues with submarines? They're still just as frustrating to play against, but now BBs can call in air strikes against other ships :Smile_sceptic:

Ideally, just acknowledge that you've fallen victim to the sunk cost fallacy, take the loss and scrap the development. Subs are never going to fit into the game in a good way that makes them both satisfying to play and satisfying to play against.

If you absolutely want to introduce them, here's the list of things that need to go.

-Submerged subs shouldn't be able to spot for their team. Right now, a DD that tries to chase after a submarine is just a target for enemy ships. A submarine should never be able to spot for its team if it's not also vulnerable to surface fire from the enemy team.

-Get rid of the homing mechanics entirely. They just break any last vestige of feeling of authenticity this game had. Just give submarines regular torps that work just like every other class' torps. Increase the speed and damage a bit if necessary in order to make them useful.

-Reintroduce mechanics that limit how long a sub can stay underwater (IE the old oxygen mechanic)

And by forcing subs to spend more time on the surface, you can get rid of the silly anti-submarine gimmicks like the anti-sub aircraft. Force them to be exposed to surface fire unless they play exceptionally smart.

Is this going to make subs a somewhat boring class that appeals mainly to a small group of dedicated players? Probably. But quite frankly, that's only a good thing.

So in effect because you don't like you want to ruin it for everyone else?

As it happens I like the BB's calling in an airstrike, it is like an extra little challenge  to see if you can hit one, top marks if you sink one.

Only played on the test server on my alt and I have to say the fact Subs are not there from the get go is a bit strange, not sure why they thought that would be a good idea.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
18 posts
8,391 battles
1 godzinę temu, imoenbg1 napisał:

How will it enrich the game?

Playing another assassin class that relies incredibly on camping will make the game somehow better????

Plus I want to be able to do something MYSELF when playing BBs against subs and not rely on planes or stuff. If not, then give all BBs their historical secondary range and accuracy and stop with the DD bullcrap. because at the moment DDs are the counter to BBs and in reality this has never been the case. Yea, WG will site probably the 3 cases where DDs successfully approached some BBs. To that I say - what happened to the 2 DDs that approached Scharnohrst and Gneisenau at the sinking of Glorious?

Yea, both were sunk , and managed to hit just a single torp at the range of 6 km.

So enough of this stupidity. Yes, it is a game. But what comes next - flying saucers? For all we know they might have been historical - Roswell was what, 1949?

And no, I dont believe in UFOs

ps. 

It depends on which new players you will get it when I swim the submarine I will make the team dive in the smoke while I dip and play the ping to display hidden targets.
If you find those who run away and hide and now there are many of them and my black list has already reached over 200, I know not to follow them because it's a waste of nerves.

Those who create this game are making progress and as soon as possible they should give the game underwater ... at least people will start playing as a team ...

• Boring 1