You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Submarine Testing

218 comments in this topic

[LSCA]
Players
1,731 posts
13,414 battles
21 minutes ago, osikosi said:

How to particpate in submarine testing on steam?

download war game center, link your steam account, download tst

[HAVOC]
[HAVOC]
Players
22 posts
14,515 battles

Why are you so pathologically determined to add this unwanted play style to this game?  This is as much a gimmick class as cv's and less popular.  You still haven't fixed cv's.  Why add subs to the list of "things you need to constantly adjust because they cause conflict and were poorly conceptualized in the first place".

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,731 posts
13,414 battles
16 minutes ago, Felixshoen said:

Why are you so pathologically determined to add this unwanted play style to this game?  This is as much a gimmick class as cv's and less popular.  You still haven't fixed cv's.  Why add subs to the list of "things you need to constantly adjust because they cause conflict and were poorly conceptualized in the first place".

my question is what you scare? they possible kill as far i know, if you not like subs then you not need play with them yourself

[ROT8]
Players
15 posts
11,272 battles

I rarely comment on the forums but I feel quite strongly that this is a very bad idea trying to add submarines into this game.

The fact that it is going through round after round of tinkering and amendment to try and get it to work should show you how wrong it is.

If you develop a seperate standalone game called World of Submarines, fine, but leave them out of WOWS!

In order to make them work you will have to create an overly biased system to make Submarines appealing in any way while at the same time making every other ship type useless, as they say there are submarines and there are targets and I worry that this is what the game will become.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,043 posts
1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

my question is what you scare? they possible kill as far i know, if you not like subs then you not need play with them yourself

As long as there isn't an option to get Battles without them when they hit the live server, everyone will be affected.

U don't have to play the class, for them to make a mess out of stuff.

There is a reason players are vocal. That mess is called CVs and how they've struggled since alpha and beta times to Balance them.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
86 posts
24,966 battles
6 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

You should be able to use your EU login details. Probably this happened because this server is still not up, as Submarine testing on TST starts tomorrow.

Thanks. LIKED SUBS LAST TIME. Have my own tactics that I use. Thanks again.

Players
2,520 posts
20,798 battles

The reality is WG have decided subs are their next big money spinner so they are inevitable even if a majority of people don't want them for what ever reasons. It's also pointless to suggest an alternative game mode for subs WG doesn't like to give players choice so they will shove them into randoms.

I have no doubt they are confident we will submit to their decisions and no matter what feedback we give or how badly it's done subs will be implemented.

In a way I understand their logic, the community do complain a lot and whilst we might get frustrated with issues we repeatedly complain about, we keep playing so why not shove subs in, even if only a small number of people actually like the impact they will have on the game. 

• Cool 9

[ARKA]
Players
31 posts
22,227 battles
8 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Well, technically... it is still Yamato-class ship, that has biggest guns...

Btw how do you know that others will suffer that much?

I never said the others will suffer. I just wanted some balance.

If you implement homing torpedoes (which the subs may or may not have used extensively) it is only fair you implement their historical speed.

Or just arm the US subs with Mk14 torps and see where it leads us.

And implement the H 44 since apparently the 18 inch guns mean nothing at this point :) Hell, you already got the guns in game .

As for the maximum of subs - well, allow me to doubt any such implementation. Since, you know, some of us play lower tiers and know what happened to the max amount of carriers in game. Three T4 carriers are enormous fun when you are in a Dreadnought.

• Cool 1

[1701]
Beta Tester
625 posts
16,286 battles

No one asked for this sh#t same as no one asked for a CV rework either.

But by all means, carry on killing your game, it's pretty much lost all its credit now anyway and the majority of us will just move on to better things.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,935 posts
22,951 battles
12 hours ago, Mercenius said:

What the [CENSORED] is a CC.

Some people think that CC means Cruiser... Which isn't true for the timeframe in which WoWs plays, as there were CLs CAs and BCs for the classes in the game. For anyone who needs more info -> List of US Navy Hull Classifications

Players
2,352 posts
23,770 battles
21 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

As was explained, that time we couldn't see an option, how submarines would be implemented to the game. With the years, game developed and now it is possible, as you can see. Therefore our colleague also appologized for that...

Can you please enlighten us, why you couldnt see an option a few years ago?

WG Staff
2,654 posts
937 battles
17 hours ago, osikosi said:

How to particpate in submarine testing on steam?

Hi Captain, 

Unfortunately, you cannot participate in the Submarine Test with the Steam Client: you need to use the WGC.  

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,203 posts
4,567 battles
Před 8 minutami Prophecy82 řekl/a:

I really can't as this is questions for those devs, that were working on WoWs since beginning. I guess it would be technical reasons, as in the early beginning, they couldn't imagine to create underwater world and to have a unit there, that would move not only horizontaly, but also vertically. During all those year plenty things changed and obviously we could see the option, how to add this class to the game.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
19 posts
7,059 battles

I'm Russian, playing on EU server, my English isn't that good, I hope devs can read it even with my not excellent English.

Devs do u know, all genius is a simple, do u? What can be easy than add submarines???

It is how I see it:

Submarines have 3 state.

Not submerged: can attack with torps and gun if equipped, can be attacked by all weapon types, detected range like all other ships.

Periscope submerged :  can attack only with torps, can be attacked only with torps and air bombs, detected range small.

Deep submerged:  can not be attacked at all, must use battery, will leave this state after battery empty and/or attacked by deep-bombs, can not attack at all!!!, can not be detected at all!!! only with Hydro-acoustic search!

Remove all these sonars etc , add simple surface torps for submarines, even deep torps like Asia destroyers have.

Add battery (accumulators) for deep driving.

Remove damage from deep - bombs, they must use like SPG stun in tanks, to bring submarines to surface.

What can be simple than this?

Players
305 posts
3,683 battles
  1. this new update suck submarines have no need to  surface now FFS
  2. you still not added No Helgehog Anti sub weapon made by royal navy
  3. How are you goin to bal submarines with RandomBattle seein how there is 12v12

you goin to limit BB / Ca so more torp ships can enter ?

Players
489 posts
6,288 battles
On 10/20/2020 at 2:18 PM, quickr said:

What's the use of a destroyer class again?

Getting downvoted for not chasing the 8000hp kill all around the map, perm-spotted by both underwater target and the CV the entire time. The rest of the time you'll be getting downvoted for not capping under perma-radar as usual or not hanging your [edited]out to dry for border hugging BB's. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,046 posts
4,512 battles
6 hours ago, Prophecy82 said:

The dev team was much smaller back then as you can imagine. 
Not even gonna mention the limitations that the engine had back then . (Example : The game could not handle rotating AA turrets on top of main gun turrets up until 2 years ago).
There are many more "under the hood" stuff that changed over the years and as YabbaCoe said, imagining a whole underworld of opportunities was out of the question.:cap_yes:

Players
49 posts
7,740 battles
6 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

Unfortunately, you cannot participate in the Submarine Test with the Steam Client: you need to use the WGC.  

I cannot find the TST, when i follow the instructions the TST won't appear, and the testing started today 1 hour after i posted this. 

wtf?

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,046 posts
4,512 battles
3 minutes ago, Steuerbord said:

I cannot find the TST, when i follow the instructions the TST won't appear, and the testing started today 1 hour after i posted this. 

wtf?

Are you sure you did it correctly?

-Open WGC.
-Check WoWS icon.
-Press "Game Settings"
-Click "install additional game instance"
-On the top left, the icon would say "Europe". Click it and choose TST.

Players
49 posts
7,740 battles
Just now, Mister_Greek said:

Are you sure you did it correctly?

-Open WGC
-Check WoWS icon
-Press "Game Settings"
-Click "install additional game instance"
-On the top left, the icon would say "Europe". Click it and choose TST.

Yes, i did that correctly.

still no TST no matter how often i try it, restarting WGC doesnt help either

WG Staff
2,654 posts
937 battles
5 minutes ago, Steuerbord said:

wtf?

Hi Captain, 

Be sure that you are not logged in with your PT account. If you are, do the login on the EU server and try again. 😊

• Cool 1

Players
49 posts
7,740 battles
1 minute ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

Be sure that you are not logged in with your PT account. If you are, do the login on the EU server and try again. 😊

Good Sir. you just saved my goddamn Butt, thank you very much!

it works

• Cool 1