Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Europizza

My penne is bigger then yours: The Paolo Emilio appreciation thread

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[THESO]
Players
6,229 posts
22,438 battles

Yolomilio.thumb.jpg.2ed8e743af16fba2a6dfa7b245d0f486.jpg

 

This is the Paolo Emilio appreciation thread.

Now, for those that do not know about her, the Paolo Emilio is a Research Bureau reward ship, an Italian Destroyer with a hilarious gimmicky feature: the ability to use a short duration engine smoke module and engine speed burst to get into close range fast and undetected in order to use it's massive damage torpedoes, while seeing the white in the eyes of the opposing ships. It's hilarious, admittedly not so much for it's victims. We can use this thread for both great as well as failed facepalm attacks so we can all learn how to counter them.

 

EDIT: 'It's horribly underpowered I never wanna play this ship again!'  :fish_haloween:

 

EDIT: Yolomilio kraken video added

Spoiler

La confraternita segreta delle sante penne

 

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POP]
Players
756 posts
14,832 battles
2 minutes ago, Europizza said:

 It's hilarious, admittedly not so much for it's victims. We can use this thread for both great as well as failed facepalm attacks so we can all learn how to counter them.

I'm having such a blast in her, and I'm sure I am not the only one. So lets have it! :cap_like:

 

Oh <bleep> no! Seeing how fun she might be makes me want her and I <bleepitybleep> am not going to regrind (... freexp) lines again to get her!

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POP]
Players
756 posts
14,832 battles
8 minutes ago, Europizza said:

PS: Does anyone know of a simple way to turn a part of a replay into a video?

 

I use Geforce experience, the software that comes bundled with the gefroce drivers. Open replay, start recording just before you want to make your clip and end when you think it's finished. Head to the Geforce experience gallery, run the video and you can now clip a slice from your video to directly upload to your preferred publishing platform.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,076 posts
16,239 battles
10 minutes ago, Europizza said:

PS: Does anyone know of a simple way to turn a part of a replay into a video?

If you have a Nvidia card you can use their GeForce Experience software to create a screen-capture video. Alternatively OBS Studio is a free program for streaming that can also be used for screen capture videos.

 

Also: BAN NTC

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,360 posts
15,095 battles
13 minutes ago, Europizza said:

My last match where my Paolo attacked 1 cruiser and 2 battleships camping behind an island, serving them 1 torpedo set each, sinking them all within a minute. <3

 

Replay: 20201020_112857_PISD509-Paolo-Emilio_52_Britain.wowsreplay

 

shot-20_10.20_11_43.39-0031.thumb.jpg.d428ac1d61c1e8dc1c46d3c2e004e4d5.jpg

  Reveal hidden contents

shot-20_10.18_14_01.02-0279.thumb.jpg.9a76a6dab3801a94a78b06a53b3ebc64.jpgshot-20_10.18_14_01.05-0467.thumb.jpg.41802cfe57ef38ba43b0a48f92a949c7.jpgshot-20_10.18_14_01.11-0615.thumb.jpg.24648e13c9815337c15fdeb05600e633.jpg

 

PS: Does anyone know of a simple way to turn a part of a replay into a video?

Windows game bar can work

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,258 posts
21,973 battles

I am honestly quite amazed that in a meta with 1001 radar cruisers and/or German hydro ships (Pommern, Ägir, Odin, Siegfried, Bismarck etc.) you can actually torp rush enemies...

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,603 posts
14,854 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

Yolomilio.thumb.jpg.2ed8e743af16fba2a6dfa7b245d0f486.jpg

 

This is the Paolo Emilio appreciation thread.

Now, for those that do not know about her, the Paolo Emilio is a Research Bureau reward ship, an Italian Destroyer with a hilarious gimmicky feature: the ability to use a short duration engine smoke module and engine speed burst to get into close range fast and undetected in order to use it's massive damage torpedoes, while seeing the white in the eyes of the opposing ships. It's hilarious, admittedly not so much for it's victims. We can use this thread for both great as well as failed facepalm attacks so we can all learn how to counter them.

 

I'm having such a blast in her, and I'm sure I am not the only one. So lets have it! :cap_like:

 

 

May be a bit of a dumb question but how much reset and grind do one have to do to get her? Research beareu have never really interested me until they released this ship. Is it enough with one line reset and regrind? And is it still IJN DDs that are the easiest one to reset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,076 posts
16,239 battles

Also, slightly to the side of the question, but you can upload replays to https://replayswows.com/ to have them made into a video and featured if deemed worthy.

 

At the moment they don't have any for Paolo Emilio so I think they'd enjoy having some new content. Attach screenshots of the four results screens if you can.

 

They're affiliated so you can use your normal WG log-in credentials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OFFS]
Players
3,357 posts
36,976 battles
24 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

May be a bit of a dumb question but how much reset and grind do one have to do to get her? Research beareu have never really interested me until they released this ship. Is it enough with one line reset and regrind? And is it still IJN DDs that are the easiest one to reset?

4 lines or 4 times the same line.

If this is your first RB reset, your first line reset should count as double meaning 20K RB points.

Each line reset will count as 10K afterwards. 

Paolo Emilio costs 43K RB points, so you will need to reset 4 lines=50K to get her.

 

OR

 

If you have around 3K RB points saved from daily/weekly missions already, 3 total resets will be enough for you.

Harugumo and Shima are the cheapest ones to reset.

 

 

Note: If you don't get double reset points meaning 20K for your first line and don't have the 3K from daily/weekly RB points, then you'll need 5 line (or time) resets.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
1,268 posts
33,390 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

 

 

This is the Paolo Emilio appreciation thread.

Now, for those that do not know about her, the Paolo Emilio is a Research Bureau reward ship, an Italian Destroyer with a hilarious gimmicky feature: the ability to use a short duration engine smoke module and engine speed burst to get into close range fast and undetected in order to use it's massive damage torpedoes, while seeing the white in the eyes of the opposing ships. It's hilarious, admittedly not so much for it's victims. We can use this thread for both great as well as failed facepalm attacks so we can all learn how to counter them.

 

I'm having such a blast in her, and I'm sure I am not the only one. So lets have it! :cap_like:

 

 

No, no, NOOOO!!!!

 

Nothing to see here. Move along - very UP ship. Please close the topic ASAP.

 

Spoiler

Are you mad!!! They are going to nerf our new shiny toy!!! :Smile_trollface:

 

 

 

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,978 posts
13,632 battles
3 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Had one last night come right up to 5 km from my Nelson before i knew he was there, what sorcery is this, how the hell he got the camo rating that low is beyond me.

Smoke, you know?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
6,229 posts
22,438 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

I am honestly quite amazed that in a meta with 1001 radar cruisers and/or German hydro ships (Pommern, Ägir, Odin, Siegfried, Bismarck etc.) you can actually torp rush enemies...

I can assure you, not all attack runs are as smooth as the one I posted. :Smile_hiding:

This match had a carrier which spotted me regularly but was still learning about german AP rockets. :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,362 posts
25,717 battles
2 hours ago, Europizza said:

 

I'm having such a blast in her, and I'm sure I am not the only one. So lets have it! :cap_like:

 

 

Shhhhhh! Not so loud! 

Until you want WG to nerf/brake it. 

 

They may take a closer look, if ppl (me included)  having actually fun in a ship! 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
6,229 posts
22,438 battles
3 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

 

Shhhhhh! Not so loud! 

Until you want WG to nerf/brake it. 

 

They may take a closer look, if ppl (me included)  having actually fun in a ship! 

Fixed it :Smile_hiding:

2 hours ago, Europizza said:

EDIT: It's horribly underpowered I never wanna play this ship again  :fish_haloween:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
6,229 posts
22,438 battles
5 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

So? We dodged a bullet? 

Absolutely :fish_nerv: See there it goes ----------------> .

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,362 posts
25,717 battles
3 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Absolutely :fish_nerv: See there it goes ----------------> .

To be sure/safe: Let´s start a Colbert appreciation threat!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Beta Tester
3,183 posts
13,918 battles

I agree, its a total waste of research points, drastically UP, had not one second fun with it! :Smile_child:

 

 

:Smile_izmena:

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,150 posts
11,758 battles
49 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

4 lines or 4 times the same line.

If this is your first RB reset, your first line reset should count as double meaning 20K RB points.

Each line reset will count as 10K afterwards. 

Paolo Emilio costs 43K RB points, so you will need to reset 4 lines=50K to get her.

 

OR

 

If you have around 3K RB points saved from daily/weekly missions already, 3 total resets will be enough for you.

Harugumo and Shima are the cheapest ones to reset.

 

 

Note: If you don't get double reset points meaning 20K for your first line and don't have the 3K from daily/weekly RB points, then you'll need 5 line (or time) resets.

The next reset bonus comes in about a month, so you can have 40,000 RP + 10,000 starting one in two resets, enough to get her.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×