You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SDKfrigg

WG the badest gamecompany to balance

23 comments in this topic

[SKG]
[SKG]
Players
2 posts
8,082 battles

Is it just me or is WG just bad to balacing the game. First was it Zao there couled shoot without getting detected. Then the conq there couled put 3-4 fires in (volley) one shoot. Then came all HE spammers (specialy smolensk)+ kremlin (still is). The stalin and now the petro. Whats going on? Do they dont play the game of them self, before realese? Now there is like all russian ships are OP. And whats going on with all the sniper ships. Some random games i se that 80 % sniping from J line and the other 50 % of the random games, just jollloing/the others. More Balancing pleace. :-)    

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[SKG]
[SKG]
Players
2 posts
8,082 battles

Dont forget aboute the CV :-) (totally OP allready, but no, we getting some cv in, that are 30 % better, so now there are OOP while the AA is the same or even worse) 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Players
478 posts
4,366 battles
12 minutes ago, SDKfrigg said:

Whats going on? Do they dont play the game of them self, before realese?   

We (players) are cows, they are milkman(WG) and they are milking our money. They dont care how the milk tastes as long as they are making money. So from that perspective they dont have to drink that milk (play the game).

When they stop making money from that cow they will just end her life and game over.

• Cool 3

Players
355 posts
11,767 battles

its business comrade. On a more serious note i wouldnt say their actual balancing is the worst in the world. Don't get me wrong i have really hated the meta recently, mostly looking at cvs being forced down our throats in CBs, and ap bombs being the cause of said meta. Hopefully it will pass like the bow in bb phase.

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles
44 minutes ago, SDKfrigg said:

Is it just me or is WG just bad to balacing the game. First was it Zao there couled shoot without getting detected. Then the conq there couled put 3-4 fires in (volley) one shoot. Then came all HE spammers (specialy smolensk)+ kremlin (still is). The stalin and now the petro. Whats going on? Do they dont play the game of them self, before realese? Now there is like all russian ships are OP. And whats going on with all the sniper ships. Some random games i se that 80 % sniping from J line and the other 50 % of the random games, just jollloing/the others. More Balancing pleace. :-)    

Stopped reading after the complain about Zao... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[CKBK]
Players
307 posts
13,186 battles

There are far worse companies that have problems with balancing. cough gaijin cough

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
636 posts
8,871 battles
1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

We (players) are cows, they are milkman(WG) and they are milking our money. They dont care how the milk tastes as long as they are making money. So from that perspective they dont have to drink that milk (play the game).

When they stop making money from that cow they will just end her life and game over.

When  the analogy is so poor you have to explain it as you go you prolly shouldn't use it tbh 

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
478 posts
4,366 battles
1 hour ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

When  the analogy is so poor you have to explain it as you go you prolly shouldn't use it tbh 

Sometimes I wonder that myself when I see potatoes in game, why do they rush and die, why do they show broadside , etc

[LUZ1]
Players
984 posts
13,230 battles

I don't mind that some ships are more powerful than others. Apart from The Class Of Ships That Shall Not Be Mentioned, I really dislike ships that cannot be played in any reasonable way. Quite a few cruisers fall in this category, which are so short ranged and squishy that they get blapped all the time unless you act indecent with random islands. Also some BBs are very frustrating because of their lack of penetration. Thus you are forced into excessive passive play, which I find detrimental to the meta.

[CRU_]
Players
361 posts
9,700 battles

You make the mistake in thinking they are actively balancing the game, that there is a problem with the current balance. You are wrong, it is working as intended, imbalance by design. It exists for a reason. There is nothing to fix.

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,714 posts
9,757 battles
6 hours ago, SDKfrigg said:

Now there is like all russian ships are OP. 

The only objectively OP high tier surface ship in the game is the thunderer. Just because soviets have 2 good ships doesn't somehow make the entire tech tree overpowered.

[NOWH]
Players
860 posts
6,026 battles

they really REALLY arent. you want companies that cant balance a game then look at prat world entertainment/cr*aptic(star trek online +others) and bogpunt (battlestar galactica online +others).

this isnt to say weegee dont have some obvious blindspots with balancing that result in t10 being a mess. over reliance on too few tools to do the balancing with because they dont want to 'complicate' the game. dealing with end of data range scenarios because they want t10 ships to be the 'best' entities compared to others.

[NWP]
Players
3,100 posts
17,361 battles
14 hours ago, SDKfrigg said:

First was it Zao there couled shoot without getting detected.

Wut?

Then the conq there couled put 3-4 fires in (volley) one shoot. 

A conq can do that. It rarely happens though.

The again, the same could happen when facing a myoko.

Then came all HE spammers (specialy smolensk)+ kremlin (still is).

Kremlin = HE spammer? Wut?

The stalin and now the petro. Whats going on?

Lost here. Are you also calling these two HE spammers? If not, what exactly is your issue with them?

Do they dont play the game of them self, before realese? 

They do, supertesters do as well.

Now there is like all russian ships are OP.

Khaba likes to have a word with you.

And whats going on with all the sniper ships. Some random games i se that 80 % sniping from J line and the other 50 % of the random games, just jollloing/the others. More Balancing pleace. :-)    

Nothing to do with balance. Everything to do with bad players.

• Cool 1

Players
421 posts

This is funny, if WG makes something certain people cry about how its OP but after they nerfed it they switch to how the ship is literally unplayable.

And then there is the so called "Russian bias", because we all know how the Tallin, Ochakov and Kotovsky are such strong ships, Khaba too ... when it comes to "OP" people usually talk about Cesare, Belfast (not 43 because that one as it stands sucks), Enterprise and Musashi and not Kutuzov or Nikolai but then again, the playerbase apparently neither wants OP ships or weak ships leaving what? clones of existing ship ... oh, they dont want that either.

Why they apparently love is complain about everything, especially if its new ... I dont like when they give ships gimmicks that dont work for the ship, like Anchorage smoke that because that thing handles like a pregnant whale I rather have a heal because that smoke does nothing when it comes to being able to disengage as you have to slowly move to keep inside smoke and being such a large target, anyone shooting at the smoke have a good chance to hit it, this is a example of the gimmicks that are now shafted into ships that simply hurt their performance and why?

Because the "players" look at the stats and immediate cry about it, I remember how people reacted to Ochakov calling it T8 Smolensk and they werent wrong or right either but this is a example on how people react when it comes to anything new, I look at Belfast 43 stats and shake my head because I cannot see the role for that ship but I know damn well people see Radar+Smoke and immediate lose their crap as they willful ignore gun bloom, rate of fire and consumables (serious, fighter or crappy radar ... I take the crappy radar), as bad WG might be with balance I dont think the playerbase, are better they are ... at best its trading one bias towards another and at worst World of Jutland.

Players
4,051 posts
5,416 battles
19 hours ago, SDKfrigg said:

I dont think Kremlin is OP, not anymore. Her guns offen cant deal 5 digit damage or citadels, and armor is... well, try to show a broadside and see how full HP drops to -50% HP in a single salvo.

Kremlin is tank on bow on, but there is too many HE spammers so that doesnt help her much even with FP skill.

[OHBOY]
Players
94 posts
11,456 battles
Vor 21 Stunden, SDKfrigg sagte:

Smolensk is not unbalanced, just toxic.

kreml is mediocre at best right now.

Conq has been balanced.

Stalin is in a fine state.

Petro is in a fine state.

CV are not in a fine state.

Balancing Departement is not top notch, but okay. Seen worse.

• Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
39 posts
19,011 battles

world of tanks was, when i played a long time ago, all about sitting in a bush watching your scouts (light tanks) die. WOW is all about hiding behind a rock watching your DD die. Its the same game but wetter.

• Funny 2

[R3B3L]
Players
1,105 posts
31,425 battles

Keeping over 300 units in a somewhat-balance is a great deal and i think WG does a pretty good job with it. But guessing from my personal experience there is someone in the company who is above all the developers and historians and pressures/orders his workers to implement "things" into the game which a dev would never come up by himself. Someone who has no idea of the game, nor the history - nor any interest in the long-term health of the game. This individual wants to / has to make investors happy and squeeze the biggest possible return from the customers. In a few years he/she will move on to ruin another game/company and players will have moved on to another game.

People always say "boo devs" but i am sure it is not the devs aka programmers testers etc- they just implement what they are told to by someone "with a higher salary".

During the thursday-stream a few weeks ago Crysantos stated that ca 450 people are working on Wows, of which ca 300 have to do with the technical matters, including balancing. If there is something out of whack, someone will sure raise his hand and say something. When there still comes broken stuff out of testing... i am sure it´s not the dev´s decision.

• Cool 2

Players
3,470 posts
1 hour ago, VIadoCro said:

Keeping over 300 units in a somewhat-balance is a great deal and i think WG does a pretty good job with it. But guessing from my personal experience there is someone in the company who is above all the developers and historians and pressures/orders his workers to implement "things" into the game which a dev would never come up by himself. Someone who has no idea of the game, nor the history - nor any interest in the long-term health of the game. This individual wants to / has to make investors happy and squeeze the biggest possible return from the customers. In a few years he/she will move on to ruin another game/company and players will have moved on to another game.

People always say "boo devs" but i am sure it is not the devs aka programmers testers etc- they just implement what they are told to by someone "with a higher salary".

During the thursday-stream a few weeks ago Crysantos stated that ca 450 people are working on Wows, of which ca 300 have to do with the technical matters, including balancing. If there is something out of whack, someone will sure raise his hand and say something. When there still comes broken stuff out of testing... i am sure it´s not the dev´s decision.

Such a shame that a company when it puts it mind to it can do some truly awesome cinematics, i.e. Wait for me, and Bismarck, can get things so wrong, but then I guess nothing is perfect.

[CRU_]
Players
361 posts
9,700 battles
On 10/20/2020 at 3:51 PM, VIadoCro said:

Devs are told what crap to put into the game, so they put it in, it's a job, end of. WG business model which is the game (it's a coin box with flashing lights) is the reason people think it is unbalanced, when it is perfectly balanced for their desired outcomes. This is proven across all their titles, the exact same model different paint job. This is also why subs are coming, new class, new broken crap, new dollars to milk. That's all it is, they know it's balanced because muppets keep giving them money.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,769 posts
6,675 battles
On 10/20/2020 at 6:41 AM, 159Hunter said:

Wut?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the zao could indeed fire without being spotted without resorting to any fancy tricks, that was however deemed bad for the game a very very long time ago, and subsequently removed.

[NOVI]
Players
6 posts
8,670 battles

The problem is that ppl complained that games got more sit back far and spam and it was harder to brawl. WGs response to that was to introduce smolensk etc... result even less brawling. How to balance that then? Well throw in Thunderer (the most op bb in game by far) and improve cv. Result is almost no brawling.. not worth it, u melt away in seconds. Well.. then WG made the mastermove.... "improve" Matchmaking. Now 9 out of 10 games are total rollover games that lasts maximum 7-8 minutes. If u lucky u are in the Rolling team or unlucky u get the over team and u just get mad.... Its broken the game, thats it. Its not even fun anymore... i try enjoy it but just cant. Yes i play cv also and they are terrible now.. terrible for all who dont play cv. 
So... my conclusion is.... game is more broken than ever. WG wants it that way, they want new players in high tier (so easy to get high tier gold ships if u pay=WG gets $.). Yes its a company that wants to make money, but the greed has become too much for me. 
So simply... i dont enjoy anymore any of WG games (yes i quit wot also because of the circus it had become....sad... good concept that they ruined by their extreme greed.

• Funny 1