Sign in to follow this  
anonym_7os0heKszKZG

Destroyer question

9 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts

Hi there, 

First off I'm pink thanks to the stupid bots going reverse, but that was 8 battles ago.

So I had to fight 2 more battles as a pink dude and i'm free.

Now the question I was defending A I was doing good not so much damage and suddenly boom.

I was destroyed by my self is this an bug of some sort, I understand if you keep destroying teammates but that was not the case here.

So if someone can explain why in the world I would self destruct my ship ?

I could have won this battle... for my my team, I send the replay with it maybe I missed something here why I go self destruct...

20201019_093144_PBSD104-Wakeful_04_Archipelago.wowsreplay

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,756 posts
9,816 battles

It's because you teamkilled your saint louis. The game flagged you as a teamkiller in your previous games and it remembered you being one even after you got rid of the pink status. This meant that even a small amount of team damage would restore your pink status. This is exactly what happened. The first torpedo made you pink, the second reflected the damage and killed you. In other words: You killed yourself. You need to start paying attention to where you drop your torps.

• Cool 3

Players
157 posts
11,579 battles

Luckily this is the easiest of problems to fix.

STOP DEALING DAMAGE TO FRIENDLY SHIPS.

Problem solved.

6 hours ago, RoyalC78 said:

First off I'm pink thanks to the stupid bots going reverse, but that was 8 battles ago.

Players and bots will all go backwards sometimes. Sometimes it's even the correct choice given the situation.

Your torps are YOUR responsibility. The ''stupid'' was not the bot sailing where it wants. The ''stupid'' was launching torps into an area they could hit a friendly. If a friendly has to move to avoid incoming fire, the last thing he needs is your torps reducing room to evade.

• Cool 2

Players
3 posts

Yeah but the moment that happend where I killed myself there was no warning that I did damage an ally and I looked back but I killed an enemy.

Not a friendly. That said I wish they build in some awareness in these bots, there sitting around  I launch torps and they freaking decide to start reversing into my line of torps.

How difficult can it be to build in an awareness in these bots. and maybe keep moving around not sitting still with 10 ships firing shot's and totally miss the target.

I mean bots misses bots but a player they suddenly can be hit or even citadeled. If you don't believe me play a tier IV game and watch those bot's play they miss the freaking target by 5 to 10 meters.

Players
3 posts
58 minutes ago, But_Can_You_Meme said:

Luckily this is the easiest of problems to fix.

STOP DEALING DAMAGE TO FRIENDLY SHIPS.

Problem solved.

Players and bots will all go backwards sometimes. Sometimes it's even the correct choice given the situation.

Your torps are YOUR responsibility. The ''stupid'' was not the bot sailing where it wants. The ''stupid'' was launching torps into an area they could hit a friendly. If a friendly has to move to avoid incoming fire, the last thing he needs is your torps reducing room to evade.

Yeah I'm a torpedo boat so yeah I use guns or torps

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
6 minutes ago, RoyalC78 said:

Yeah but the moment that happend where I killed myself there was no warning that I did damage an ally and I looked back but I killed an enemy.

Not a friendly. That said I wish they build in some awareness in these bots, there sitting around  I launch torps and they freaking decide to start reversing into my line of torps.

How difficult can it be to build in an awareness in these bots. and maybe keep moving around not sitting still with 10 ships firing shot's and totally miss the target.

I mean bots misses bots but a player they suddenly can be hit or even citadeled. If you don't believe me play a tier IV game and watch those bot's play they miss the freaking target by 5 to 10 meters.

Do not launch torps when friendlies are in front of you.

When they get hit by reversing, you launched your torps extremly close to them.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,756 posts
9,816 battles
1 hour ago, RoyalC78 said:

Not a friendly.

indehx.thumb.png.8c9569f73b7ecb250dda502b03701565.png

No. You killed both. Or rather "attempted to kill" as st.louis didn't recieve any damage because you were already pink.

Also, I don't know why you're angry about bots "sailing into" your torps, as the ship you almost teamkilled here was a player.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,408 posts
14,934 battles
1 hour ago, RoyalC78 said:

Badly, by the sound of it; as others have said, your torps are *always* your responsibility. Always.

Luckily, this isn't hard to fix; it just requires you get a bit better at situational awareness and choosing when to fire, and when not.

To start with, simply hold fire if it's physically possible for an ally to get in the path of your torps (if you're playing most torp-orientated DDs right this should be easy, as if you're firing from the second line you're generally doing it wrong); use your mini-map (which you should be glued to anyway) to keep track of where everyone is and relate that to your torp range circle, whilst being mindful that ships move, so be aware of courses and speeds (in particular, things with 'super' engine boosts like the French, or Smaland, can suddenly start going a lot faster - will that put them in harm's way, and so on). This will result in missed opportunities, but is a necessary stage to go through as it will get you in the habit of not being a Richard with your torp fire.

After that, you can start adding in the more sketchy shots gradually, or at least the ones where it's unlikely you'll hit an ally, and work from there.

Crucially, if you do balls up, always say sorry!

Players
157 posts
11,579 battles
23 hours ago, RoyalC78 said:

And you are more dangerous to friendlies when you use those torps lol May i suggest you go up a line with no torpedo's? That would stop those stupid players using WASD from moving into the torps YOU FIRED INTO THEM.

On a serious note. 

YOUR TORPS, YOUR FAULT.

A ship has the right to move in any direction they want or need to. They may need to angle from incoming AP, start reversing to angle and then your stupid torps appear.

It is YOUR responsibility to not fire torps into an area they could potentially hit a teammate. The sooner you catch on you are the issue here, the quicker you will improve as a player. You may even one day become a player who is more help to his team than hindrance.

We can only hope. But with your attitude, hope is all we have for now.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this