You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
demole

what happened to Wargaming unified account plans?

24 comments in this topic

[R-M]
Beta Tester
26 posts
12,059 battles

you can still read it:

unified-premium-account-goes-live

“From the start we’ve been dedicated to offering our players not only AAA gaming experiences, but also unparalleled value and convenience,” said Andrei Yarantsau, VP of Global Operations at Wargaming. “The launch of the Unified Premium Account is our commitment to those ideals, and we’re confident that players will find it a major element of their Wargaming experiences now and into the future.”

the only shared things are:

Gold and Free Experience in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes
Premium Account in World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships

Why is Gold and Free Experience shared in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes, not World of Warships? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Uhm... that ... announcement is ... kinda old?

1. WG shyed away from sharing Gold and FXP among WoT/WoWP and WoWs (I assume mostly as that'd botch up the in game economy even more).

2. WG unified in a sense that premium time is share across all three titles.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
34 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Unless it isn't.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Unless it isn't.

Is it not? Or are you referring to the differences between "Regular premium" (for all three titles) and "Warships premium" (for ... well... Warships :cap_haloween:)

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
3 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Is it not? Or are you referring to the differences between "Regular premium" (for all three titles) and "Warships premium" (for ... well... Warships :cap_haloween:)

Yup. Back then we had that unified premium only, I was better able to manage playing both WoT and WoWS side by side, it made better sense. Since then, however, WoT got into a hard tailspin and now WoWS premium makes better sense. Not that I'm gonna spend any more money on that either, after WG marketing and customer relations main focus became pi$$ing off their customer base.

2 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

Abandoned long ago

I dreamed about going even further, how I could have played ships, or taken my plane to battle and fly a mile high over the two engaging fleets, or taking my tank into that same battle... ee..er... :etc_swear: yes there might have been some technical hitch there. However, the EBR tires might have allowed to :etc_hide_turtle:convert them into amphibian fighting craft and launch surprise attacks :cap_haloween:against the enemy ships, and :cap_rambo:shoot down enemy planes with AA. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

I have no idea what the official reason is, but i imagine the economic factors played a hand?

In all the 'World Of' games you gain Free XP at a rate of 5% of your gained normal XP. (100xp earned in a battle earns you 5fxp).

In World Of Tanks, Even with a premium account, If you have a very good game you get like 1,000-2,000XP ish. So 50-100FXP.

In World Of Warships. With a premium account, and with all the juicy Flag and Camo's people have. The Modifiers can stack to insane levels. You can have games earning anywhere from 5,000-15,000 in raw free xp. In Clan Battles you can earn up to like 30,000FXP with a win due to the bonus.

The reason why we see ships like Alaska, Agir, Friesland, Azuma, Missouri, Hayate, Smaland, Musashi, etc etc being sold for Free XP in WoWs is because its so so so so much easier to obtain here.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,825 posts
20,091 battles
2 hours ago, demole said:

you can still read it:

“From the start we’ve been dedicated to offering our players not only AAA gaming experiences, but also unparalleled value and convenience,” said Andrei Yarantsau, VP of Global Operations at Wargaming. “The launch of the Unified Premium Account is our commitment to those ideals, and we’re confident that players will find it a major element of their Wargaming experiences now and into the future.”

Why is Gold and Free Experience shared in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes, not World of Warships? 

That idea got beaten with clubs, shot in the face, died and got buried around the same time WoWS went into open beta, so over 5 years ago. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,084 posts
11,417 battles
2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

About that...

• Funny 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
5 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I dreamed about going even further, how I could have played ships, or taken my plane to battle and fly a mile high over the two engaging fleets, or taking my tank into that same battle... ee..er... :etc_swear: yes there might have been some technical hitch there. However, the EBR tires might have allowed to :etc_hide_turtle:convert them into amphibian fighting craft and launch surprise attacks :cap_haloween:against the enemy ships, and :cap_rambo:shoot down enemy planes with AA. :Smile_Default:

Don't worry, one can actually play planes in naval battle mode. Integrating tanks meanwhile... maybe in two years when they feel like they exhausted their other options and we got the third USN cruiser line before the Italians get a DD line.

• Funny 1

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles
4 hours ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Don't worry, one can actually play planes in naval battle mode. Integrating tanks meanwhile... maybe in two years when they feel like they exhausted their other options and we got the third USN cruiser line before the Italians get a DD line.

I think warthunder will beat them to that too be honest. We will probs see a french cruiser line, a russian bb split line and probs the spanish before they add in italian dd's at this rate.

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

I think warthunder will beat them to that too be honest. We will probs see a french cruiser line, a russian bb split line and probs the spanish before they add in italian dd's at this rate.

Italians are getting BBs soon. What's so bad about a break for other lines before ita DDs arrive :D? 

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Italians are getting BBs soon. What's so bad about a break for other lines before ita DDs arrive :D? 

It's just a thing with me, i hate inconsistency. So when i see weegee do tech tree lines they normally do my head-in as they don't flow nicely, but thats me anyways. So i usually expect DD's or cruisers then the opposite depending on how arrived first, then chonks, then the airscreechers and the sausage rolls that fire smoll sausage rolls and can go deep into water without getting soggy.

*watches poshyanai suspiciously*

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
9 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

It's just a thing with me, i hate inconsistency. So when i see weegee do tech tree lines they normally do my head-in as they don't flow nicely, but thats me anyways. So i usually expect DD's or cruisers then the opposite depending on how arrived first, then chonks, then the airscreechers and the sausage rolls that fire smoll sausage rolls and can go deep into water without getting soggy.

*watches poshyanai suspiciously*

I mean they are pretty consistent in being inconsistent so... 

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

I mean they are pretty consistent in being inconsistent so... 

True. I wouldn't be surprised if we see equivalent of EBR's in this game with smoll torp/mortar and AA boats.

Also soon i will be able to make 20inch gun jean bart in UA:D which is vereh sexy.

*Gives sausage roll*

Players
739 posts
3,667 battles
13 hours ago, demole said:

Because WoWP is literally trash and dead plus WG would be lunatic to share resources between WoT and WoWS, because: MORE MONEYYYY!

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
47 minutes ago, Von_Pruss said:

Because WoWP is literally trash and dead plus WG would be lunatic to share resources between WoT and WoWS, because: MORE MONEYYYY!

Especially when you remember that the better players in WoT are given plenty of opportunities to literally farm gold (some seem to complain they have so much they don't know what to do with it...), WG would definitely want any of that gold flooding into WoWS. See! WG cares about balanced flooding mechanics.

[RONIN]
Players
478 posts
4,405 battles

I ask you, what happened to WG saying they will NEVER bring submarines in the game?!

There is your answer.

Players
3,441 posts
17,233 battles
19 hours ago, demole said:

you can still read it:

Don't worry. At least they kept their promise about never having submarines in the game.

• Funny 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
405 posts
5,691 battles

Pretty simple.

There where people, or more precise WoT-Clans that made huge amounts of gold on the CW world map. If you dont know the system, it is basically a 4X strategy game with a world map, divided into provinces, which yield different, daily gold income, depending on the province. Strong, active clans (with some additional diplomacy) could easily make 50'000 gold per day without any significant fighting by holding such provinces. The output of gold to its members was insane, it was easy to buy everything in the game, without spending money - including cross game premium time and free XP.

Pretty sure WG was not really happy with that and some weaker clans or players without a clan aswell.

• Cool 1

[C8H18]
Players
76 posts
7,229 battles

There were so many responses, some plain wrong, that I decided to simply weigh in - risking duplicating what someone else has already said.

The "unified wargaming premium account" is far from dead. I dabble at both Tanks and Ships so I absolutely refuse to buy the game-specific premium (I'd either need to give up one of the games or pay twice) and instead go to the Airplanes site, which is the only one to still offer the "unified" version.

Or so I thought - until I happened to press my "avatar" at the top left of the Game Center. Up popped an interesting screen which allows me to activate codes (I had always had to search high and low for that function) and, SURPRISE SURPRISE, purchase either game-specific OR unified premium time. The option you want is near the bottom of the screen "Purchase Wargaming Premium"

You are welcome :-)

[TBU]
Players
38 posts
Am 19.10.2020 um 11:15, Von_Pruss sagte:

Because WoWP is literally trash and dead

I was under the impression that it was migrated to WoWs where sufficient player targets are swimming around.