You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rocky9878

t8 cv v t10 AA

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
3 posts
2,284 battles

how do i play against t 10 AA while im in a t8 cv 
anytime i get in a tier 10 battle its hard for me to have any big impact 
so is there a way i can do more then just spotting and using fighters?

6 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
Just now, rocky9878 said:

• Go for the Tier VIII ships
  • Learn the AA of all ships and go for the ones with weak AA
  • Learn how to evade AA bursts
  • then you can take the enemy apart at will
  • but less than 500 random matches and less than 100 in CV, do not teach you that
  • I suggest to practice more on Tier VI

[IUN]
[IUN]
Players
82 posts
7,127 battles

Funny to see u giving tips...
Those T8 in T10 battle sail with t10's in huge groups so he can't even touch it :D

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
8 hours ago, scr1337 said:

Funny to see u giving tips...
Those T8 in T10 battle sail with t10's in huge groups so he can't even touch it :D

No, they do not.

From a certain skill level, it does not even matter.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,821 posts
9,018 battles
15 hours ago, rocky9878 said:

I will say this Bluntly because thats the easiest way. So Pls take no Offense on this as it is not meant as an Offense.

But you are a very Inexperienced Player and Generally have very Little Impact on the Match regardless of what Tier the Match is on.

And especially in CVs you Struggle. Which is not Surprising because CVs are Generally Extremely Overpowered in the Game and Carry the Biggest Influence in the Battle. Which thanks to the Mirrored Matchmaking (meaning if 1 Team has a CV the other Team also has 1 of equal Tier) means that having an Inexperienced Player in this Powerful Weapon is very often a drawback for the Team as one of the Biggest Weapons of the Team is not providing the Power it should.

Now as I said. Dont take Offense to that. We all Started this Game some Day and none of us just Joined this Game being Great Players Instantly. The Fact that you Show Interest in Advice and wonder why you Fail is in Fact a Good Indicator that you are among the Players which might in Fact Learn to Play Properly in the Future.

But it still means that you Asking how to Impact a T10 Game in a T8 CV is not exactly a Worthwhile Question right now. :)

Because Frankly Said you are not yet at a level where you have Considerable Impact in the First Place :)

Let me give you just a small Rundown.

CVs are the most Influental Class in the Game. And in Fact even a T8 CV can easily be the most Powerful Ship in T10 Battles.

But CVs are also the Second most Difficult Class to Play right. (Most Difficult is DDs cause they have nearly the same Influence but Die much more easily than CVs)

As a CV is usually someone Sitting above the Entire Battle a Good CV Player needs an Ironclad Understanding of the Entire Game Situation. He needs to know which Ships will have what trouble and need Support and what Ships will be Exposed to Strike or where a Break will Occur. He has to See immediately when Cracks Show in his Team or the Enemies to take appropriate Action.

And to that End he needs to have Sufficient Experience in pretty much every Ship and has to have a Vast amount of Experience under his Belt.

So in your case. As you do not yet Posses the Experience and Knowledge of the Game. And especially lack Knowledge of T10 Ships and their Capabilities. The Best Advice I can give you is to Take CVs aside for now. And First keep Playing a Few Months on other Ships First. Especially first getting at least 1 or 2 Lines of other Ships up to Tier 10 so you get a Good Idea of what different Ships can do. And especially what they can do in T10. Because T10 has not only Stronger Ships with more HP etc. But also has the most Special Abilities, Consumables and Specialized Builds for Ships in the Game.

Learn what Ships have what AA and how Powerful their AA is.

Some T6 Ships have Stronger AA than T10 Ships. But likewise some T10 Ships have Stronger AA than anything you meet in T8 etc.

Knowing what Ships have Strong AA and also where these Ships AA is actually Strong. Is Key towards knowing what Ships to Attack from what Position and how to Attack them.

Because while Some Ships might have Extremely Potent Long Range AA that will be Dangerous even 6km away. Other Ships will actually be more of a useless Light Show unless you get within 2km of them as only their Short Range AA is actually Potent.

Thing is. Every Ship has its own AA. And unless you know them for all Ships in Range you will never know where the Best Vector for Attack is and where you can Attack without losing all your Planes.

Learn to Dodge Flak. Yes no Joke. Learn to Dodge Flak. Hell this is something every CV Player needs to know yet most somehow think its a Joke like "just Dodge" or something.

But while many New Players dont believe it. The Heavy Black Clouds which are the AA that can actually Delete your Squadron. Is Completely Evadable. You can Fly around them. Or if you learn the Timing just Fly right through it in between the Explosions. And Suddenly you will notice that your Squadrons Hold out under AA Fire much muuuuuuuch longer.

You can Learn this in Coop or even Training Room if you want. Just put some Battleships onto the Map that are Stationary but Armed. And Fly over them evading the Black Clouds. Learning in what Pattern and Rythm, the Black Clouds are Spawned and thus becoming capable of Avoiding them while Striking.

I cant emphasize this enough really. Because the Continues AA Damage which cannot be Dodged. is NEVER so strong that it just Deletes a Squadron. And so whenever a CV complains that he cant Reach Targets or got his Squadron Deleted. It is pretty much Guaranteed that he simply Failed to Evade Flak.

If the Enemy has alot of AA Heavy Ships. Be that T10 or T8 Ships. You need to Single Out Targets. Especially DDs as they often are in Front of other Ships are good Targets to take out.

In Fact Taking out DDs is up to this Day the most Reliable way of Winning Matches because DDs are the one Enemy that other Ships in your Team cannot Deal with Efficiently.

Dont try to Attack Ships that are in the Back or Surrounded by other Enemy Ships.

If you have to Attack Groups of Ships. Shorten your Squadron. Drop some Planes early so they cannot be Lost later on. (Just drop Bombs into the water or some Island so these Planes Fly Home early) Because if you have 9 Planes and lose 3 Planes before you Drop you will likely lose all 6 remaining Planes after the Drop. Yet when you send 3 Planes home First and only Attack with 6. You will lose the same 3 on approach but will then only 3 more after the Drop.

Also of course Drop Targets on the outer ends of the Group and try to Fly in from a Direction where you got cover from Islands or where only 1 Ship has you in AA Range during the Approach.

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles
17 hours ago, rocky9878 said:

The AA gets weaker over Time via HE Spam. You might be patient the first few minutes until they split up, maybe only spot. But you should also know, there is currently a bug for aircraft, that return after the drop, they get more damage than usual and that's why they get almost always shot.