You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PlsReworkThePlayerbase

Karlibur: Memes, Replays & Informative Content

16 comments in this topic

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey guys,

I'm a long-term WoWs player from Germany and created my YouTube channel almost 1,5 years ago for the sole purpose of illustrating the bugged ramming mechanics in game. But recently I came to the conclusion that it could be fun to upload some good games that I had alongside uploading some memes every now and then. I'm still very much in a learning curve when it comes to commenting my gameplay and editing videos, so I would really like to hear your opinions of my latest upload. By the way, my channel name and design is also still very much work in progress, I hope I'll be coming up with something more recognizable in the future.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy my video! 

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,971 posts
9,170 battles
2 minutes ago, 17900_HP_Shimakaze_on_J1 said:

for the sole purpose of illustrating the bugged ramming mechanics in game

There is a clear difference between not understanding the whole ramming mechanic and a bug in said mechanic. There is no official explanation from Wargaming as fas as I remember. So everything is datamining and guessing as long as we do not know all parameters that ramming takes into equation.

But besides this nitpicking, I am looking forward to see some new and intresting content! Cheers!

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles
4 hours ago, principat121 said:

There is a clear difference between not understanding the whole ramming mechanic and a bug in said mechanic. There is no official explanation from Wargaming as fas as I remember. So everything is datamining and guessing as long as we do not know all parameters that ramming takes into equation.

But besides this nitpicking, I am looking forward to see some new and intresting content! Cheers!

Not really sure what you are referring to. Honestly, no one can tell me with a straight face that a Khabarovsk equipped with Hotel Yankee ramming a stationary BB and dealing 78,000 damage is a normal occurence that's working as intended.  But I haven't been investigating ramming for over a year now, so WG might've fixed it in the meantime.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,971 posts
9,170 battles
3 hours ago, 17900_HP_Shimakaze_on_J1 said:

Not really sure what you are referring to. Honestly, no one can tell me with a straight face that a Khabarovsk equipped with Hotel Yankee ramming a stationary BB and dealing 78,000 damage is a normal occurence that's working as intended.  But I haven't been investigating ramming for over a year now, so WG might've fixed it in the meantime.

Again: As long as we do not know the exact mechnic, you cannot claim that this is a bug or not. 

78k ist exactly two times the "right damage". It can be that there is a "window of oppertunity" where two bumps between Khabarovsk and Yamato occured and thus two times the correct ramming damage was inflicted. That would be not a bug, but rather poorly programmed source code. By "window of oppertunity" I mean this small window of time within a match. I assume that you can recall matches where two (!) "First Blood" awards were credited. How is this be possible, as the name suggests there can only be one first blood and a second kill in a match cannot be a first blood too. There have to be a very small time window for crediting such awards. 

If over complex mechanics are pooly realized than I would expect such results as depicted. Yes, of course it can be a bug too, but based on the testing alone a possible bug is merely just an assumption. 

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey guys, 

I just uploaded a new video on my channel featuring the Tier 8 Japanese Premium Destroyer Asashio. This time, it's a little bit more educational so especially novice DD players can hopefully learn a few things from the video while experienced players can just have a good time as the action unfolds. As usual, let me know in the comments what you think about my commentary, the audio and the video in general. 

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy my new video! 

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey guys,

unfortunately, my latest video can not be uploaded to YouTube, but at least I can share it here. I hope you enjoy the video and stay tuned for more content on my "official" channel.

Aaaand since I'm apparently too dumb to embed the Streamlabs video here, you have to click on this link to see the video. :fish_palm:

See you around!

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey guys,

I just uploaded a new video featuring the Pan-European T10 destroyer Halland. It's an in-depth post commentary of a replay with a few cinematic elements to it, feel free to check it out and let me know what you think about on the forums or YouTube.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy my video! 

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hello guys,

here's a new video about the American T10 cruiser Des Moines. Once again, the commentary is rather in-depth and should be helpful in case you might be struggling with Des Moines.

The thumbnail might appear a little bit “clickbaity” as no one can tell with certainty how the upcoming commander skill rework and the introduction of submarines will affect Des Moines. In my opinion, the effects for Des Moines in particular will be fairly negligible since the importance of using cover and spamming HE will never get old.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy the video!

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hello guys,

in this video with a completely clickbait-free thumbnail I will be opening 20 Santa's Satan's Mega Gift containers as well as 20 Big Gift containers. Although I'm kinda late to the party, the results are still quite interesting.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy the video!

• Cool 1

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hello folks, 

not one full week has passed and I've already uploaded a new video, this has to be a new personal record! :cap_happy:

Once again, in this video I'll be playing our beloved and perfectly balanced Soviet T10 cruiser Petropavlovsk, this time on the map "Islands of Ice".

A lot of work went into this, so feel free to check it out, any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading and potentially watching. Merry Christmas! 

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Happy new year everyone!

I'm happy to announce that I have a new video for you. This time, I'll be playing my favorite ship in the game, the Pan-European T10 destroyer Smaland on the map "Northern Waters" in the Epicenter game mode. Coincidentally, we'll run into Daniel Rusev in the enemy team, and it's gonna be an entertaining game for sure! By the way, Smaland is totally worth 2 million free XP, so hurry up with grinding. :cap_horn:

Make sure to let me know what you think about the video in the comments. Thanks for watching in advance, I hope you'll enjoy the video!

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey folks!

After some waiting time I finally have a new video for you, this time, I'll be playing the Italian T9 Premium destroyer Paolo Emilio on Northern Waters in the Domination game mode. It's a late-night/early-morning match, so some shenanigans are definitely ensured to happen. Lean back and enjoy!

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey guys,

my newest upload is a little bit different, this time it's sort of a short film. Let me know what you think about the video in the comments, but please go easy on me - it's only the 2nd "cinematic" piece I've ever made. Hope you enjoy!

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey girls and boys,

a new video has been released! This time I'll be playing the French Tier 9 premium battleship Jean Bart on the map Trap in the domination game mode. Hope you enjoy!

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey folks!

Today we will be playing the British Tier 8 premium destroyer Cossack on the map Greece in the Domination game mode, while simultaneously looking over Schlachter_Fahrer_Jogi67's shoulder as he sets a new damage record for the Polish Tier 8 premium destroyer Orkan across all servers.

Players
142 posts
25,501 battles

Hey guys!

So here’s what the Premiere Pro sequence of an 8-minute-clip looks like when you start a new project without any clear vision whatsoever (my favorite part are the completely empty tracks 14 and 15, but in the end I was too afraid to delete them, haha). Unfortunately, a project like this is never finished and with every day passing by I could add more details or will discover something that still bothers me, but I guess finishing a video like this and calling it a day is an art form by itself.

Quite frankly, it's impossible not to be influenced by other creators like Yuro, Denarmo and TheSailingRobin (to name just a few), but I guess I'm slowly figuring out my own style. You might notice some disparity in the quality of editing between the first and the second half of the video, that's because I stopped working on it dead in my tracks for 2,5 months and learned a few more tricks in the meantime while working on other videos. So there's basically a difference of almost three months of additional work experience with Premiere Pro and After Effects from the beginning of the project to finishing it, but I'm still a noob (I've started using both programs for university stuff in late 2018 occasionally but only now I'm starting to get the hang of it... kind of) and also I've become pretty burnt out from the game lately.

Anyway, thanks for reading (and hopefully watching), please let me know what you think about the video.

Cheers!