You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

C. Colombo TX Italian BB paper design from where??

19 comments in this topic

Players
1,763 posts
9,421 battles

I cannot find any blueprints for this ship. The only design I can find that is somehow comparable is that for a superdreanought design from 1913 but it only makes a mention of the ship having 12 x 381mm guns and not 16. 

p.s. The design for the ship in game looks nothing like the pre ww1 superdreadnought but a remix of the Littorio class with 16 guns. Littorio is a modern design so does that mean then that C. Colombo is a complete WG fabrication????

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,025 posts
29,238 battles

It is from WG secrit archives, probably some old design from 2019 or 2020.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 13

[CZSL]
Players
100 posts
4,101 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Probably completely made up, like Venezia.

BTW, Venezia looks weird, should be 4 x 3 guns configuration with better reload, second turret looks like little bit crowded in... :fish_aqua:

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,837 posts
20,122 battles

Basically all of WGs designs, especially the ru BBs, can be found in sikrit documents which are stored in the Federal Archives Project (abbr. F.A.P.), in the Naval Arms Projects for Kombat InventioNs  (abbr. N.A.P.K.I.N.) section. 

Did you know that 1979, sikrit documents were found, that the Star Wars death star was in reality invented by Russian scientists in 1907, as part of the FU/f0rR34ls project? But never was build because reasons?

I didn't...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 15
  • Boring 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,774 posts
3 hours ago, fumtu said:

It is from WG secrit archives, probably some old design from 2019 or 2020.

From the VAULT (commonly known as the Lesta Cafeteria Napkin Cabinet). :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[-AS-]
Players
733 posts
8 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I cannot find any blueprints for this ship. The only design I can find that is somehow comparable is that for a superdreanought design from 1913 but it only makes a mention of the ship having 12 x 381mm guns and not 16. 

p.s. The design for the ship in game looks nothing like the pre ww1 superdreadnought but a remix of the Littorio class with 16 guns. Littorio is a modern design so does that mean then that C. Colombo is a complete WG fabrication????

It's a mystery that only Peter Falk can solve...

• Funny 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,360 posts
18,216 battles
6 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Basically all of WGs designs, especially the ru BBs, can be found in sikrit documents which are stored in the Federal Archives Project (abbr. F.A.P.), in the Naval Arms Projects for Kombat InventioNs  (abbr. N.A.P.K.I.N.) section. 

Most of the later Soviet BB designs are based on Italian (Ansaldo) designs - Sovetsky Soyuz being an upscaled Littorio, AFAIK - so WG have returned the favour and Sovietised an Italian BB design.  Which is great for the Italian BB line, as it could be anything at all - doesn't even need to fit through the Straits of Gibraltar, comrade!

Anyway, what's the Tier IX - have they even published the stats for that?

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,837 posts
20,122 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Most of the later Soviet BB designs are based on Italian (Ansaldo) designs - Sovetsky Soyuz being an upscaled Littorio, AFAIK - so WG have returned the favour and Sovietised an Italian BB design.  Which is great for the Italian BB line, as it could be anything at all - doesn't even need to fit through the Straits of Gibraltar, comrade!

Anyway, what's the Tier IX - have they even published the stats for that?

Yeah, russia did cooperate on several occasions with the Italian navy, Gnevny/Gremy class DDs for instance, so it's no really a surprise. 

Even tho I'm not really a BB main i was looking forward to the Italian BB line (gotta have them all...), but WG brute forcing dumb gimmicks onto the line snd butchering them in rhe process makes me wish, they never release them.

SAP on a BB is dumb enough, but exhaust smokes as well? And in turn the butcher sigma, concealment and reload. 

Btw, recent devblog says, tier 6 and 7 lose their exhaust smoke, while the upper tiers get their accuracy and concealment nerfed.

And all that, for a crappy gimmick nobody asked for.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,774 posts
3 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yeah, russia did cooperate on several occasions with the Italian navy, Gnevny/Gremy class DDs for instance, so it's no really a surprise. 

Even tho I'm not really a BB main i was looking forward to the Italian BB line (gotta have them all...), but WG brute forcing dumb gimmicks onto the line snd butchering them in rhe process makes me wish, they never release them.

SAP on a BB is dumb enough, but exhaust smokes as well? And in turn the butcher sigma, concealment and reload. 

Btw, recent devblog says, tier 6 and 7 lose their exhaust smoke, while the upper tiers get their accuracy and concealment nerfed.

And all that, for a crappy gimmick nobody asked for.

Accuracy and concealment nerf on a ship with BB guns (and reload) and hull size is equivalent of scuttling the design in drydock IMO.

[CAIN]
Players
4,837 posts
20,122 battles
4 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Accuracy and concealment nerf on a ship with BB guns (and reload) and hull size is equivalent of scuttling the design in drydock IMO.

You just described the construction process of every russian post WWI era BB ever laid down...so all two or three of them. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[COMFY]
Players
1,440 posts
8,545 battles

Sekrit Soviet archives

Edit: there was such a great fan made Tier X Italian BB shipbucket model from Spanish forums

They could at least use this

Edit Edit: They at least could use Caproni Ca.316 as spotter plane for them. At least that would be unique.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
12 hours ago, Admirality said:

BTW, Venezia looks weird, should be 4 x 3 guns configuration with better reload, second turret looks like little bit crowded in... :fish_aqua:

If you want weird check out some details behind the C turret. I guess WG wanted to stress the importance of personal hygiene, what with the pandemic and all.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,389 posts
5,782 battles
42 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

If you want weird check out some details behind the C turret. I guess WG wanted to stress the importance of personal hygiene, what with the pandemic and all.

Definetly not what those are, there's nowhere for the water/fluids to go..

[OCTO]
Players
1,236 posts
28,674 battles
16 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Did you know that 1979, sikrit documents were found, that the Star Wars death star was in reality invented by Russian scientists in 1907, as part of the FU/f0rR34ls project? But never was build because reasons?

I didn't...

But if it was built, it would be the best in the world  galaxy....