Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Odinius85

CV Torp bug?

18 comments in this topic

[BATH]
Players
9 posts
2,529 battles

Is it just me or are CV torps bugged? Coming side by side so you can't avoid them at all. And if they are, why has it not been hot fixed like the extra CV plane damage?

Players
3,145 posts
17,781 battles

Theres been a bug since last patch where two torps out of the entire amount tend to run right on top of each other.

Half the times it creates a big BB sized gap, so it isnt very good.

Also there's been a bug / undocumented nerf in the same patch where planes lose speed extremely fast after boosting, meaning the next squad will be back significantly later.

• Cool 1

[BATH]
Players
9 posts
2,529 battles
1 minute ago, DreadArchangel said:

He's talking about the tier 10 german cv torp bombers they come in a close pattern.

Was a Shokaku IIRC. Will try to screenshot it. 

[-CC-]
Players
75 posts
605 battles

I donť think it's a bug. I think it's an intentional RNG element WG brought to the game (because you can never have enough RNG).

This happens with all CV torps now, since the latest patch which introduced the new aiming reticule for CVs. All types of CV armaments were heavily influenced by this change - different rocket spreads, different handling of bomb aiming and the torp patterns.
It's especially juicy with IJN air dropped fishes, one well aimed (read RNG blessed) drop can delete a DD with little chance of evasion under certain circumstances.

Just ask @El2aZeR, he documented it before.

EDIT: I took this screen on the day of the patch:
image.png.39c2e5dc68d88c5f13fdc88870fbdd95.png

[BATH]
Players
9 posts
2,529 battles

Ok, seriously annoying and silly but if it isn't a bug then no sense in complaining. Cheers for the replies :) 

• Cool 1

[-CC-]
Players
75 posts
605 battles
Před 1 hodinou GulvkluderGuld řekl/a:

Half the times it creates a big BB sized gap, so it isnt very good.

I don't honestly think the spread can get wider than it normally would be (unless you do heavy manouvering in the attack phase - that was always the case).
It ranges from normal to ridiculously tight in my experience. I could be wrong there, but since the patch I did hundreds of torpedo drops, and that is my observation.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,563 posts
20,725 battles

Spread cannot go wider than the pre-0.9.9 torp spacing. Thus RNG can ever only roll in your favor.

Players
3,145 posts
17,781 battles
On 10/16/2020 at 12:26 AM, Shiplife said:

I don't honestly think the spread can get wider than it normally would be (unless you do heavy manouvering in the attack phase - that was always the case).
It ranges from normal to ridiculously tight in my experience. I could be wrong there, but since the patch I did hundreds of torpedo drops, and that is my observation.

there was a thread here with a screenshot showing two haku torps on top of each other. Since it only drops two, it will be in favour of the BB half the time if the drop is off and only one of the two drop positions would get a hit. I assumed the same was true for other CVs, but despite playing over 50 midway games nd several Haku and german tier 8 games, I didn't check so I will trust your observations.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
On 10/16/2020 at 1:13 AM, El2aZeR said:

Spread cannot go wider than the pre-0.9.9 torp spacing. Thus RNG can ever only roll in your favor.

I wouldn't say so. Depending on the situation, I'd usually prefer my torps more-or-less evenly spaced in a predictable manner, neither bunched up nor having random huge gaps.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,563 posts
20,725 battles
4 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I wouldn't say so. Depending on the situation, I'd usually prefer my torps more-or-less evenly spaced in a predictable manner, neither bunched up nor having random huge gaps.

Oh yeah, agreed. I failed to mention that this applies only to 2 torp drops. Middle torp RNG can create gaps that would otherwise be undesirable.

Sign in to follow this