You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.9.10, balance changes and changes to test ships. (DB 87)

50 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,924 posts
4,150 battles

Hi,

We would like to present some balance changes and changes to ships currently in testing. 

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles

ST

ST 0.9.10, BALANCE CHANGES AND CHANGES TO TEST SHIPS

We've changed the characteristics of several ships, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll continue to introduce changes in the updates that follow, if deemed necessary. This devblog also features changes to test ships: Italian battleships, Hizen, Plymouth, Strasbourg, and some other ships.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

V HAWKINS

Main battery reload time reduced from 12.1 to 11.7 s.

VIII IMPLACABLE

Bomb parameters were changed:

Maximum damage increased from 4,900 to 5,100;

Chance of causing fire on a target increased from 28 to 29%.

VIII TALLINN

Main battery reload time reduced from 13.5 to 13.0 s;

Detectability range by ships increased from 16.38 to 17.38 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

IX RIGA

Main battery reload time reduced from 14.5 to 14.0 s;

Detectability range by ships increased from 15.04 to 15.34 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

X PETROPAVLOVSK

Detectability range by ships increased from 15.4 to 15.8 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

We adjusted the parameters of the following ships based on testing results.

Italian battleships Andrea Doria, Francesco Caracciolo,Tier VI and VII:

The "Exhaust Smoke Generator" consumable was removed.

With this change, the features of the Italian battleships branch will become more pronounced while progressing along the branch, and the differences between mid-tier and high-tier ships will be more noticeable.

Italian battleship Cristoforo Colombo, Tier X:

Horizontal firing angles on both sides of the aft-end turrets were reduced by 10 degrees;

Sigma parameter was reduced from 1.6 to 1.5

Deck plating thickness reduced from 55 to 50 mm.

VI LEONE

Torpedo tubes reload time increased from 47 to 75 s.

X PLYMOUTH

Engine settings were changed. Now the ship will gain and lose speed in the same way as the cruiser Minotaur.

Main battery reload time reduced from 6.5 to 6.0 s.

VIII BELFAST '43

Main battery reload time increased from 9.0 to 10.5 s.

IX HIZEN

Main battery firing range reduced from 21.1 to 20.3 km;

Main turrets' traverse speed reduced from 4.5 to 4.0 degrees per second;

Detectability range by ships increased from 16.38 to 17.38 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

IX Z-44

The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for AP shells is reduced from 60 to 45 degrees;

Guaranteed ricochet angle for AP shells reduced from 67.5 to 60 degrees.

Arming threshold reduced from 25 to 12 mm.

VII STRASBOURG

Reload time of the "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumable increased from 120 to 180 s;

Main battery reload time increased from 21 to 24 s.

VI MYSORE

Removed the ability to mount the "Propulsion Modification 1" upgrade.

AP shells' arming threshold and fuse arming time were reduced to values similar to the AP shells of British light cruisers:

Arming threshold reduced from 25 to 12 mm;

Fuse arming time reduced from 0.025 to 0.005 s.

German aircraft carrier Werner Voss, Tier X:

Parameters of skip-bombers were updated.

Strasbourg

Increasing the reload is the right direction, but you should also consider to improve the Sigma.

A Sigma of 2.0 with the appropriate reload would be nice.

• Cool 8

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,973 posts
9,170 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Strasbourg

Increasing the reload is the right direction, but you should also consider to improve the Sigma.

Buffing her bow armor would be more essential for such a ship concept.

• Cool 1

Players
1,947 posts
3,711 battles
Proprio ora, principat121 ha scritto:

they can't that's the standard plating of Tier 7 ships

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,176 battles

VIII TALLINN

Detectability range by ships increased from 14.24 to 14.54 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

IX RIGA

Detectability range by ships increased from 15.04 to 15.34 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

X PETROPAVLOVSK

Detectability range by ships increased from 15.4 to 15.8 km. Other detectability ranges were increased accordingly.

New concealment values

• Tallinn - 11.4km
  • Riga -  12.05km
  • Petro - 12.4km

X PLYMOUTH

Main battery reload time reduced from 6.5 to 6.0 s.

So 1.5sec reload buff in total so far? From 7.5sec original to 6sec? Hmmm ... not sure how to fell about this, seems like Plymouth could be really strong.

VIII BELFAST '43

Main battery reload time increased from 9.0 to 10.5 s.

What? So to retain smoke + radar combo her DPM will be really bad compared to other CLs at T8. I don't like this change

IX Z-44

The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for AP shells is reduced from 60 to 45 degrees;

Guaranteed ricochet angle for AP shells reduced from 67.5 to 60 degrees.

Wait what? Z-44 had RN DD SP pen angles? 

1 hour ago, principat121 said:

26mm is standard for T7, don't expect anything better than that.

• Cool 4

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
12,609 battles

Still no Khaba buffs((((. Or a rework for the entire soviet dd branch that leads to khaba, how about giving them SAP instead of AP? You already tested this concept with a SAP gunboat DD with the Old Paolo Emilio(when it was T10).

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,815 posts
9,018 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

We would like to present some balance changes and changes to ships currently in testing. 

Read more

Guess the Dream of having the First German DD that can actually do something was asked too much.

Another German DD for the Trash Heap then.

Wiith that Z44 has less Firepower on her Guns than a T8 Kagero... Needless to say it also gets Worse Concealment and Laughable Torpedoes in Comparisson.

It gets Trash German Smoke to Boot and wont even get the Hydro which is usually Wargamings Excuse as to why its weaker in everything else.

So Downtiering to Tier 7 when ?

I mean in Terms of Gunpower its now about the Level of an Akatsuki albeit Akatsuki is still way better in terms of Torpedo Power and Concealment...

But hey. Its German so I guess I cant ask for being Equal right...

• Cool 6

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,176 battles
20 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

how about giving them SAP instead of AP? You already tested this concept with a SAP gunboat DD with the Old Paolo Emilio(when it was T10).

How about no. Soviet DD AP is quite good. Also Italian DDs should have SAP for constancy, not the Soviet ones.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,739 posts
14,300 battles

Colombo must have been pretty strong to get such a hammering.

I dont understand the change to Leone, but this ship has seemed like a mistake from the start. I'm sure you still haven't even given the guns the right names yet.

More Hizen nerfs, guess this thing really was very strong.

Z-44 is still a horrible concept and the ship does not deserve to sit at tier 9. You did the right thing by moving Z-35 down from T9 to T8 so why create yet another stupid 1936B hull DD at tier 9? It doesn't make any sense.

• Cool 5

Players
508 posts
18,053 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

Read more

So @Tanatoy WG decides in the middle of clan battles to change the concealtment of a ship that is active in there well done to WG :Smile-angry:

• Bad 1

[MIAO]
Players
1,668 posts
7,764 battles
38 minuti fa, fumtu ha scritto:

So 1.5sec reload buff in total? Hmmm ... not sure how to fell about this, seems like Plymouth could be really strong.

0.5 :D

also, i think strasbourg could be a little too powerful against other ships with +500mm guns, i don't remember which caliber she had

1 ora fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

Strasbourg

the sigma is.... what can i say? ok...... not that much

[MIAO]
Players
1,668 posts
7,764 battles
2 minuti fa, Cammo1962 ha scritto:

So @Tanatoy WG decides in the middle of clan battles to change the concealtment of a ship that is active in there well done to WG :Smile-angry:

yeah sure, don't nerf russian op ships!

it's russian and very popular, but it's too strong that ships against other ships.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,176 battles
1 minute ago, arquata2019 said:

0.5 :D

0.5s in this and 1sec in the previous DevBlog changes, so from original 7.5sec to current 6.0sec. 

• Cool 2

Players
508 posts
18,053 battles
Just now, arquata2019 said:

yeah sure, don't nerf russian op ships!

it's russian and very popular, but it's too strong that ships against other ships.

I dont mind them doing that but they could have done it before CB not in the middle of it and you can just take the Venezia they nerfed if after the last CB and not in the middle of it all

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,815 posts
9,018 battles
Just now, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

I dont understand the change to Leone, but this ship has seemed like a mistake from the start. I'm sure you still haven't even given the guns the right names yet.

More Hizen nerfs, guess this thing really was very strong.

Z-44 is still a horrible concept and the ship does not deserve to sit at tier 9. You did the right thing by moving Z-35 down from T9 to T8 so why create yet another stupid 1936B hull DD at tier 9? It doesn't make any sense.

If they had kept it with the Improved AP it would be Fine.

Because then you could actually use the AP against other DDs and thus have actually Competetive DPM to Win a Fight.

And with the Extra 2 Torps you might even be able to actually Sink an Enemy BB that Rushes you assuming you really Hit with all 10 Torps.

But now with the Standard 21mm Threshold and Ricochet Angles. The AP becomes unusable against DDs meaning your back to using the Horrible HE of German DDs.

Which means in terms of Brawling your basicly at the level of an T7 Akatsuki or T8 Kagero. Both of which come with way Stronger Torpedoes.

Nothing Special for a German DD so far.

But usually German DDs get the Long Range Hydro as an Excuse for being Horrible at everything else.

Z44 doesnt even get Hydro tough.

As a T9 its now honestly said complete Trash not worth Playing.

At least that means I wont need to bother Sparing up Ressources for it.

I dislike not getting a German Ship cause I collect them.

But at some Point there is a Limit as to how much useless Trash Ships I want to have Sitting in Port and never Play and how much I pay for them.

• Cool 1

Players
27 posts
16,445 battles

What are you thinking about Italian DDs? Paolo Emilio became a kamikaze ninja, or an Italian Mogador with Sap. Leone had been tested for 2 years, but now Leone got a nerf of gun and another nerf of torp, why? And how about Leone's game style, is there anything same as Paolo?

Players
257 posts
8,530 battles

I was always looking forward for a strong premium BB for the Japanese. I don't have Musashi.

Like the Massa, Ohio and Georgia for the US.

The Thunderer for the UK.

The Jean Bart for the French.

Hizen looked good, really good. But it looks it's going to be like Kii, Mutsu... Just quite Meeeh ships compared to the Tech tree counterpart. Not good armor, not good reload, not good range, no overmatch, not good HP. Not specially fast, quite huge. Not good AA...

Continues the trend with disappointing Japanese premiums. 

• Cool 1

[MIAO]
Players
1,668 posts
7,764 battles
1 ora fa, Cammo1962 ha scritto:

I dont mind them doing that but they could have done it before CB not in the middle of it and you can just take the Venezia they nerfed if after the last CB and not in the middle of it all

well yes

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles

I'm still wondering, why Hizen is considered to be that strong, it has only a high number of guns ,rest is pretty crap? :D

• Cool 7

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles

RM BB

I do not care much about the smoke, so I do not mind the removal. Just make sure the ships are balanced.

Even if you will ignore it:

I still think it would be better to reduce the SAP alpha and improve the reload instead.

I also think keeping the Tier IX and X  at 380mm guns is wrong and does not represent italian plans. I have the feeling the insistence on SAP and their power, pushed you into a corner. Instead of abandoning the gimmick, you decided to keep it at any cost and stick to 380mm guns, as their SAP seemed managble for you.

Belfast 43

Such a slow reload on a CL will make her unpopular. It would be better to drop the smoke and giver her the Tier VII reload and a heal.

IX HIZEN

Izumos turrets are faster now. I do not see a reason to make the turrets that slow. She already has the glacial reload, weaker shells and shotgun dispersion. Loos like she is weaker than Izumo and Izumo is not the strongest ships on Tier IX...

• Cool 7

[ZEN]
Players
1,318 posts
14,211 battles
3 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Well it's because WG are refusing to listen to reason and nerfing the SAP Alpha, this is the reason that the Accuracy has to be so poor, just like the RN BBs with the super strong HE. You end up spamming HE in them most the time as the AP gives worse results except in perfect situations at close range, these Italian BBs will be just the same but with SAP, so rather than there actually being a choice between which ammo to use there is always one that is far superior and it will be not only easier to use (as SAP has really good pen angles) but will also do more damage than the AP unless you get citadels and the SAP can't citadel.

It should be a sort of decision flow like this:

Is target angled? Yes use SAP   No  next decision

Can you SAP citadel the target? Yes use SAP    No next decision

Is the target lightly armoured and at close range so AP will overpen? Yes Use SAP    No Use AP

ATM  it goes more like this:

Can you SAP Citadel? Yes use SAP    No next decision

Can you guarantee that you will get at least 1 or 2 citadels with AP? Yes use AP    No use SAP

All other scenarios Spam SAP....

3 hours ago, fumtu said:

What? So to retain smoke + radar combo her DPM will be really bad compared to other CLs at T8. I don't like this change

TBH since the stats were first announced just running a Radar Edinburgh was going to be more effective, as it has 7.5 sec reload, the same concealment but can stealth torp and stealth Radar with 10km range, doesn't need IFHE, still has the supper heal and better AA. The Belfast trades all this for 120 secs of smoke, 9km radar and a lot of gun reload... as it is your going to have to shoot in the open most of the time in  the Belfast anyway, so you might as well play Radar Edinburgh as it keeps the heal and has a better damage output.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,739 posts
14,300 battles

Bigger salvo than Pommern with faster shells, more overmatch, better dispersion beyond 8km, better sigma, better turning, access to a catapult. It also used to have better range and concealment, now it has 1km worse range and 100m worse concealment.

Pommern obviously has access to torps, viable secondaries, a well protected citadel and more HE resistant deck, hydro and has main guns that reload and turn faster.

But, Hizen has a dangerous battery by comparison still.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,352 posts
18,216 battles

VI LEONE

Torpedo tubes reload time increased from 47 to 75 s.

Ah, I see they are making this the Italian BB event ship. 

• Cool 3

[SHAD]
Players
3,294 posts
13,449 battles

Belfast 43 looked limited already. Now it just looks weak.

Poor Hizen

I think @invicta2012 is right about the Leone. 

Good changes to the Soviet cruisers.

Plymouth starting to look strong.

Italian battleships look very interesting.

Players
427 posts
1 hour ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

TBH since the stats were first announced just running a Radar Edinburgh was going to be more effective, as it has 7.5 sec reload, the same concealment but can stealth torp and stealth Radar with 10km range, doesn't need IFHE, still has the supper heal and better AA. The Belfast trades all this for 120 secs of smoke, 9km radar and a lot of gun reload... as it is your going to have to shoot in the open most of the time in  the Belfast anyway, so you might as well play Radar Edinburgh as it keeps the heal and has a better damage output.

They could do two things.

One is remove the planes or radar, she got her radar in 1942 and her planes were removed in July 1943 were removing radar would mean changing the name to Belfast 1942 as the loss of the spotter would mean she could not do the "spotter in smoke" trick that apparently is what people are so deadly afraid of, she aint Perth anyway.

Second one is get into their Stalium Thick Skulls that Belfast 43 trades A LOT for having regular HE, not RN HE and having Smoke and Radar and that being no repair party or improved AP were it have to rely on smoke to survive, in short ... Belfast 43 gets smoke instead of a heal and normal AP instead of HE ... thats it, otherwise it should be exactly like Edinburgh.

Either they put UK HE and UK improved AP to balance this crappy stats or they must be really hoping that people buy this ... flotsam ... based only on Belfast Tier VII  reputation.