Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Harvin87

Game crashing problem

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
87 posts
2,375 battles

Hello captains,

I hope you can help me. Since the new patch, sometimes when I try to start a random battle it crashes just when it starts, it gives me the classic "Critical Error" and freezes the PC and nothing can be done but hard boot. I have the latest Nvidia patch and everything is as usual so I don't really know what to do. Anybody has any thoughts? the problem is I'm getting penalties for being AFK ... I really don't know what to do.

Thanks

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts

Well.. I'm not a tech wiz, but I'm suggesting the regular routine:

 

Is your Win up to date?

Are all your drivers up to date? (I use Driver booster myself)

Do check and repair under WGC

Are you running the game on SDD or a HD. HD needs regular defragging.

 

I hope we hear from those who know more tips. In the meantime, there is a recent thread which may, or may not be related to your problem.

 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/140855-game-crashing-and-getting-penalized-for-it-which-is-actually-making-me-more-angry-than-the-crashes/?page=2

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
87 posts
2,375 battles

I tried that solution and deleting some files which the WGCheck suggested and currently works! but.... I still have 12 Coop matches to go before they let me come back to randoms :(. It [edited]sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
Just now, Harvin87 said:

I tried that solution and deleting some files which the WGCheck suggested and currently works! but.... I still have 12 Coop matches to go before they let me come back to randoms :(. It [edited]sucks.

 

Well, use this opportunity to do some of those missions that you can do in Coop. Some are actually much faster in Coop. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
87 posts
2,375 battles

Yes I will :).

Thing is tough...the randomness of it all... it was working just fine a couple of days ago, now this and Im not even sure how it got fixed or even if it's fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
3 minutes ago, Harvin87 said:

Yes I will :).

Thing is tough...the randomness of it all... it was working just fine a couple of days ago, now this and Im not even sure how it got fixed or even if it's fixed.

 

That's computers for you. I had Win 10 update today, so I don't know yet what it broke this time. Sometimes it knocks my sound card drivers into oblivion...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,051 posts
5,421 battles
10 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

That's computers for you. I had Win 10 update today, so I don't know yet what it broke this time. Sometimes it knocks my sound card drivers into oblivion...

Thats why my Win 10 update is turned off :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
10,377 battles

I have had this problem and I found that if I minimised all the graphics settings it didn't occur but as soon as I raised any of them the screen froze when there was extensive graphics action such as explosions or several ships on screen firing broadsides with flames and clouds of smoke and fires.  It's a bit galling to see my screen in low res and know that there are really good high res graphics available that I cannot use.  This all started about two months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
5 minutes ago, Tatsfield said:

I have had this problem and I found that if I minimised all the graphics settings it didn't occur but as soon as I raised any of them the screen froze when there was extensive graphics action such as explosions or several ships on screen firing broadsides with flames and clouds of smoke and fires.  It's a bit galling to see my screen in low res and know that there are really good high res graphics available that I cannot use.  This all started about two months ago.

 

Could it be an overheating problem?

 

This thread had some advice too, I did the Win related check up just in case. My GPU can't handle a heavy load anyway, so I use kind of custom settings to get the best possible compromise between eye candy and performance. (Actually not sure if WoWS is more heavy on the CPU or GPU.)

 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/141664-recent-problem-with-game/#comment-3652048

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
643 posts
2,005 battles

That does sound like your graphics card is overheating.

 

IF you feel confident/capable then open your PC open and clean out all the accumulated dust from fans and grills.

Again if you feel confident then reseating your memory and pci cards may help.

 

It is amazing how much dust/clag can accumulate inside a PC in a year in a clean environment.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
87 posts
2,375 battles

I went for help to WG, they told me to send my "check report" which I did and they told me that some of my files were "corrupted" so they recommened a fresh installation and "that may solve the problems". I'm doing that right now to see whats up. Also, I'm thinking to reset windows to a previus state, maybe from a month ago to see if that solves the issue. I'll let you know, I also went back to my previous nvidia driver and after 2 or 3 matches, again crashed. So, I'll see... any other ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
10,377 battles

My CPU is only an i5 with an internal 4600 GPU.  The CPU runs hot when playing WoW and the GPU is running at 100%.  I cleaned out the case about 6 months ago.  Perhaps I need to consider a more powerful CPU with a separate gaming suitable GPU.  The machine was always a general purpose computer and not configured for gaming but it managed WoW for over 3 years without problems, so either the hardware is deteriorating or WoW is now demanding more processing power, or probably both! :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
6 hours ago, Harvin87 said:

I went for help to WG, they told me to send my "check report" which I did and they told me that some of my files were "corrupted" so they recommened a fresh installation and "that may solve the problems". I'm doing that right now to see whats up. Also, I'm thinking to reset windows to a previus state, maybe from a month ago to see if that solves the issue. I'll let you know, I also went back to my previous nvidia driver and after 2 or 3 matches, again crashed. So, I'll see... any other ideas?

 

Can't think of any, unless it is a hardware problem, with SSD/HD, memory or motherboard. Run the sfc/scannow for win to be sure maybe... otherwise everything re-installed fresh, with up-to-date drivers, I don't know. (Help!)

 

56 minutes ago, Tatsfield said:

My CPU is only an i5 with an internal 4600 GPU.  The CPU runs hot when playing WoW and the GPU is running at 100%.  I cleaned out the case about 6 months ago.  Perhaps I need to consider a more powerful CPU with a separate gaming suitable GPU.  The machine was always a general purpose computer and not configured for gaming but it managed WoW for over 3 years without problems, so either the hardware is deteriorating or WoW is now demanding more processing power, or probably both! :Smile_sad:

 

Yeah, your pc case prolly has some filters at case bottom, and vents at the rear/front/top, vacuum those too periodically.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNNF]
Players
173 posts
15,300 battles

It is not your computer - it is the crap Wargaming software. I am running it on i7 with video card MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X GDDR 6, SSD/HDD, with 32 GB (2 x16 GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4. All other games I play runs on max with no problem, only crappy WG game has problems. Last 2 patches , non stop shutters, freezing in port, now gave few time critical error that required hard restart. It seems it has something to do with the blacklisted players .

The game itself also become less fun with each patch, slowly moving to garbage and soon might just uninstalled all that crap and free some 50 -60 GB from my 2 TB HDD :cap_cool: Just my 2 cents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
44 minutes ago, Big_Daddy5 said:

It is not your computer - it is the crap Wargaming software. I am running it on i7 with video card MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X GDDR 6, SSD/HDD, with 32 GB (2 x16 GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4. All other games I play runs on max with no problem, only crappy WG game has problems. Last 2 patches , non stop shutters, freezing in port, now gave few time critical error that required hard restart. It seems it has something to do with the blacklisted players .

The game itself also become less fun with each patch, slowly moving to garbage and soon might just uninstalled all that crap and free some 50 -60 GB from my 2 TB HDD :cap_cool: Just my 2 cents. 

 

Blacklisted players? What is the connection between that and the problems? I get problems with WoWS sometimes, not all the time, though. I haven't really blacklisted many players if any, so curious.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNNF]
Players
173 posts
15,300 battles

It seems there is a connection that the longer is your blacklist, the more it reflects on the game performance, more freezes , shutters, critical errors, etc. 

That all happen after the last WG patch and some other players also confirmed the connection. Also when you try to blacklist or add somebody in contacts it usually freeze your screen for 30 - 40 seconds, even more sometimes, so don't do it while you play as they will sink you meantime:cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
9 minutes ago, Big_Daddy5 said:

It seems there is a connection that the longer is your blacklist, the more it reflects on the game performance, more freezes , shutters, critical errors, etc. 

That all happen after the last WG patch and some other players also confirmed the connection. Also when you try to blacklist or add somebody in contacts it usually freeze your screen for 30 - 40 seconds, even more sometimes, so don't do it while you play as they will sink you meantime:cap_cool:

 

I wonder what that implies, they broke something, hope they know what exactly if they are going to find a fix for it......

 

'Sink you meantime'.. eh? Could this be like.. weaponized, you know? :Smile_trollface::Smile_coin:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNNF]
Players
173 posts
15,300 battles

For sure, just make enemy team to blacklist or add someone from your team and then they will turn into frozen red ducks , easy Kraken :cap_cool:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,534 posts
On 10/14/2020 at 11:26 PM, Harvin87 said:

Hello captains,

I hope you can help me. Since the new patch, sometimes when I try to start a random battle it crashes just when it starts, it gives me the classic "Critical Error" and freezes the PC and nothing can be done but hard boot. I have the latest Nvidia patch and everything is as usual so I don't really know what to do. Anybody has any thoughts? the problem is I'm getting penalties for being AFK ... I really don't know what to do.

Thanks

 

Mods probably.

My situation is I sometimes get critical error just as the port loads.

 

And you don't have to reboot.

Just CTRL+ALT+DELETE and do a "Sign Out". Then sign back in. Faster than reboot.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNNF]
Players
173 posts
15,300 battles

I never used any mods, clean installation always. My gaming computer purchased 6 months ago, but after last 2 wargaming patches problems starts with shutters, freezing in port for few seconds, fps drops when ship spotted in battle. So your theory does not work, at least in my case. :cap_cool: Do I gave to mention the problem people with long black or contact list have ? :cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
2 hours ago, Big_Daddy5 said:

I never used any mods, clean installation always. My gaming computer purchased 6 months ago, but after last 2 wargaming patches problems starts with shutters, freezing in port for few seconds, fps drops when ship spotted in battle. So your theory does not work, at least in my case. :cap_cool: Do I gave to mention the problem people with long black or contact list have ? :cap_cool:

 

AFAIK the FPS drop when ships are spotted and/or in conjunction with the ribbon display are a common issue affecting everyone. Kinda same as the Desync issue, nothing you can do about it at your end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
259 posts
12,754 battles

Since wargaming game centre is have this problems Update Wows doesn't work freeze can't handle (my solution is to reinstall WOWS which i do every time.)

 

Very rare i get the critical error which sucks thanks for the tip with ctrl alt del that helps.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
1 hour ago, Onsterfelijke said:

Since wargaming game centre is have this problems Update Wows doesn't work freeze can't handle (my solution is to reinstall WOWS which i do every time.)

 

Very rare i get the critical error which sucks thanks for the tip with ctrl alt del that helps.

 

Update works for me, but the annoying thing is it only starts when I launch the WGC. Maybe it's down to my settings, but on the other hand I don't need anything extra running in the background. Very rarely WG updates get stuck, I've run check and repair and that usually helps, at least so far. That is to say, I recommend doing the check and repair first rather than the full re-install straight away.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
259 posts
12,754 battles
On 10/16/2020 at 4:04 PM, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

Update works for me, but the annoying thing is it only starts when I launch the WGC. Maybe it's down to my settings, but on the other hand I don't need anything extra running in the background. Very rarely WG updates get stuck, I've run check and repair and that usually helps, at least so far. That is to say, I recommend doing the check and repair first rather than the full re-install straight away.

Thanks i will try that next time. I tried to predownload the updates but it looks like the gamecentre doesn't use it as i have to download the complete file which fails ofcourse

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×